I'd probably enjoy the original series as a whole more if it followed Lemon's idea πŸ˜•
Not a fan of Shinji, then, dude? πŸ˜†

Like Misato knowing what lilith is.. means she is complicit with SEELE which then makes here WILLE group weirder.
I... can't agree with that. The extent of Misato's knowledge of Lilith in 1.11 is only what NERV has told her. She probably really doesn't know anything beyond what she explains to Shinji. Remember, in 2.22? Misato asks Kaji who this "SEELE" group are. Kaji knew more than Misato at this point.

Basically, Misato will have essentially been told "Our job is to protect the giant kept deep below NERV HQ from the Angels. If one reaches her, it's all over."

My opinions on the rebuild will strongly rely on if it’s ends well. The first two films are okay actions and the third one tries somrthing new and fails a bit. So does depend if the endings well. I dislike 2.22 a lot more than most people for example. Liked it first time as it’s mindless action really but then it I saw more of its faults.

@Professor Irony - I don't suppose there's any chance of any more of those hilarious "making a bot watch Eva" thingies in the pipeline? @Neil.T and I are still laughing at the last one you did! 🀣

So are we gonna do a simulwatch or whatever the kids call it these days?
Someone suggested somewhere four episodes at a time with separate threads for discussion in the Weekly Streaming section.

Thoughts?

Not the Netflix release? I expect it to be a bit different from the ADV version (in terms of subs and stuff)
If you've not got Netflix you could box Eva off with the trial?

So are we gonna do a simulwatch or whatever the kids call it these days?
Someone suggested somewhere four episodes at a time with separate threads for discussion in the Weekly Streaming section.

Thoughts?

Yeah. Based on the general response, I thought the separate threads idea was probably just overcomplicating matters, so I've just made one thread for it in the meantime, the plan being to do one episode a day. Based on what worked out with Nadia though, I was hoping to encourage folk to just write a little bit for each one, then make a longer post for each fourth episode - that way, there's always the option to watch in chunks of four, if anyone's having trouble keeping up.

Dude, I'm having to suppress the laughter for the time being due to being in work, but rest assured that inside I'm just ...

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Great job again! πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘
@Professor Irony: That's brilliance, that is! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
How long did it take you to pull all the ideas together, Prof?

Thanks both :)

Strangely, this one actually came together pretty quickly - most of the scenes are alluding to things Gainax worked on or were involved with. Although Michael Stipe being all the voices in the English dub was just because it's a show where Everybody Hurts.

I'll get my coat.

Here it is! The official preview of the first 10 minutes of Evangelion 3.0+1.0. πŸ˜€

Screened at an event in Paris, and live-streamed worldwide, proceedings are conducted in Japanese and French. It begins with a stage show of songs, interviews and a message from Hideaki Anno, before the video begins with a short recap of the first three Rebuild films. Subtitles are in French.

Here are the key time stamps:
4min50sec: start
31min00sec: Shinji VA Megumi Ogata on stage
43min05sec: message from Hideaki Anno
52min14sec: video begins

The opening of this film is... bloody spectacular! I love it already.

Here's the link:
https://live.line.me/channels/75/broadcast/11598500
And here's a text-based translation of the dialogue:
https://pastebin.com/mcaKEDwb

Don't know how long the video will be up for.

Last edited:
Back