The E3 2015 Thread

qaiz said:
but yeah do not give a crap about SMT X FE which looks absolutely horrible in every way, shape and form

Can someone explain all the hate? Like I genuinely don't get it. You're about the third person here to say the game looks awful but no one is really saying why. There have only been 2 trailers so far and all I see is a game that looks absolutely gorgeous with a great art style. The only thing I'm not really into is the music stuff but that's the only flaw I can see. Is it because it isn't similar to other SMT games or something?

IncendiaryLemon said:
qaiz said:
but yeah do not give a crap about SMT X FE which looks absolutely horrible in every way, shape and form

Can someone explain all the hate? Like I genuinely don't get it. You're about the third person here to say the game looks awful but no one is really saying why. There have only been 2 trailers so far and all I see is a game that looks absolutely gorgeous with a great art style. The only thing I'm not really into is the music stuff but that's the only flaw I can see. Is it because it isn't similar to other SMT games or something?

The problem that everyone is facing with Illusory Revelations #FE is that it looks more like an Idol Persona game than a dark Shin Megami Tensei game, in addition many fans can't even tell which characters are what from various SMT and FE franchises as they are supposed to appear (Chrom I recognised). I personally was hoping the game would be pretty dark like the other SMT games but I'll judge it properly once the actual gameplay starts appearing.

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
qaiz said:

The problem that everyone is facing with Illusory Revelations #FE is that it looks more like an Idol Persona game than a dark Shin Megami Tensei game. I personally was hoping the game would be pretty dark like the other games but I'll judge it properly once the actual gameplay starts appearing.

Fair enough I guess. I suppose that's why I love the look of it so far then. I find mainline SMT to be quite dull. I played 3 for about 10 hours and 4 for about 20 hours and I just didn't really want to finish them. The characters and story just weren't that interesting. Compare that to Persona 3 which I must have put about 60 hours into and enjoyed immensely and would love to beat again and Persona 4 which I've beaten 3 times and is my favourite game, hands down.

Idol culture doesn't appeal to me at all, I hate it with a passion, coupled with the horrible designs in this game, headache inducing music, fan service like boobs jiggling like jelly for no reason whatsoever, yeah #FE looks like something I'll never ever touch, but I'm happy for people who are looking forward to it and the fact that its actually not vaporware is cool, not that I ever doubted. I don't even care for SMT, but I loved Fire Emblem and HATE Persona and the fandom that comes with it. This to me this just looks like any one of the dozen Vita games if you want me to be brutally honest, you can obviously see my opinion of the Vita and its library is very low. But whatever, FE: Fates looks phenomenal outside of the fact that it'll be two separate games like Pokemon this time which sucks, and yeah Super Mario Maker looks to be game of the generation for me, stunning.

qaiz said:
Idol culture doesn't appeal to me at all, I hate it with a passion, coupled with the horrible designs in this game, headache inducing music, fan service like boobs jiggling like jelly for no reason whatsoever, yeah #FE looks like something I'll never ever touch, but I'm happy for people who are looking forward to it and the fact that its actually not vaporware is cool, not that I ever doubted. I don't even care for SMT, but I loved Fire Emblem and HATE Persona and the fandom that comes with it. This to me this just looks like any one of the dozen Vita games if you want me to be brutally honest, you can obviously see my opinion of the Vita and its library is very low. But whatever, FE: Fates looks phenomenal outside of the fact that it'll be two separate games like Pokemon this time which sucks, and yeah Super Mario Maker looks to be game of the generation for me, stunning.

That's fair enough. Different stokes and everything.

IncendiaryLemon said:
That's fair enough. Different stokes and everything.
Yeah, its still cool that its coming out for the folks that are excited. I'd be more annoyed if this replaced the real Fire Emblem entry or we didn't get an actual SMT on the 3DS, but we did and if this isn't taking away from other games, well that that's fine. Plus it helps Nintendo diversify their portfolio and straightens their partnership with Atlus, and for what it's worth, I'm sure the developers are having fun making this game, they seem to like this sort of stuff, just looks like complete garbage to me but to be fair I think that most if not all Atlus games are garbage!

Shenmue 3 - best E3 news ever.

I remember back in 2000, when I was a young lass, walking into Woolies and buying Shenmue for my Dreamcast with early Christmas money. It was the most amazing game ever at the time and very forward thinking. Now feel good to be a backer to such a revolutionary game.

Other games which I'm looking forward to are:

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (Although with Nomura being involved I expect it to drop in quality)

New Tomb Raider

New Mass Effect

I wasn't impressed with:

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - What is this? I cringed hard with Idol culture and Persona-isms.

Nintendo Conference: Disappointing in general. Most games are going to 3DS which shows the Wii-U is dying.

Overall: Good time to be a gamer (especially if on PC). I liked how Xbox One gets Backwards Compatibility. Now if only Sony could follow suit without resorting to Playstation Now.

You know Nintendo's Digital Event wasn't received very well when Satoru Iwata feels the need to tweet about how the company are taking on board all feedback and hope to meet expectations in the future. I think Nintendo should have held off on the recent Direct Mini, Smash Bros presentation and the EarthBound announcement and simply announced everything yesterday, to be honest.

I think the issue surrounding Illusory Revelations #FE at the moment comes down to how Nintendo are presenting it. While we know it's a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem, the majority of what we've seen so far doesn't really resemble either. Hopefully as we approach the Japanese release this Winter, Nintendo will share more details about the gameplay and how it incorporates elements of both games. However, yesterday we were basically shown an unsubtitled trailer for an anime that simply revealed the voice casts for characters no one knows anything about yet (why do original anime projects do that anyway?).

What has irritated me the most though, is Yo-Kai Watch not launching in Europe until 2016. I imagine a big part of it is Level-5 wanting to synchronise the anime's television broadcast and Hasbro's toy releases with the game's launch, missing the Christmas market will be huge - especially when next year, it will most likely have to try and fight off Pokémon's 20th anniversary...and we all know which one Nintendo will put more weight behind. I thought that Nintendo would have given it a bit more attention than just shoe-horning the trailer in.

Fire Emblem Fates however, is still looking remarkable. Although even then, a lot of yesterday's trailer was just what we've seen already, but with English voices.

I personally felt that Sony had the strongest presentation; even though I have admittedly never played Shenmue. Microsoft were also very strong with their Minecraft HoloLens presentation and ReCore, which looks pretty intriguing (I just need to see gameplay).

Just realised something:
1300227501565764710.png

(*sees voice actor*)

1402890982-Shock-o.gif

I had no idea even when I was playing Awakening.

It was a good E3, only got to watch the Nintendo and Square Enix conferences but loads of good announcements. Yay FF7 remake and we still getting the port that was anmounced at lasts year E3 this winter. Project Setsuna looks interesting and it has very beautiful concept art. World of Final Fantasy looks like a fun little game to play on Vita. Deus Ex, Hitman and Star Ocean 5 look fun to play. Favourite bit of the Square Enix conference was when Hashimoto came up on stage, and the translator stopped translating for the first bit, then the FF7 remake trailer came uo, then when he was talking about KH, the ios game trailer came up and finally we got the KH3 trailer. And yay Nier 2 announced.

Loved the FE Fates trailer,can't wait for it to come out. When the SMT X FE trailer came up, I was wondering what on earth was it, since the name was in Japanese. Animal crossing wii u looked cool since I got to see my favourite villager Goldie.

It was cool that Shenmue 3 was announced, since I have been interested in the series, and I may or maynot went digging through our house's recycling bin to rescue Shenmue 2, which ended up being Shenmue the movie since my stepdad chucked a few of his games away, and didn't ask if I would like any of them

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone is interested in Amiibo:

First we have the 30th Anniversary Mario Pixel Amiibo which comes in two variants:
Classic Color
zPX8a8d.png

W9pyvy3l.jpg

Modern Color
VnO8sLq.png

xhA1l7dl.jpg

And next we have the Animal Crossing Amiibo:
Full Line-up:
zex0LyGl.jpg

Isabelle:
gKVpw0Y.png

Mabel:
PJcNPUD.png

Tom Nook:
tXVoZIs.png

Lottie:
2xEKsli.png

Cyrus:
2Q6JrnJ.png

Reese:
ZG1scWq.png

Digby:
xBdCaNh.png

K.K. Slider:
q4x15Ps.png

We also have more Animal Crossing Amiibo, in the form of cards:
Collect & connect with amiibo™ cards
Hundreds of character cards to collect and trade with friends.

Tap your favorite villager's card to call them to your game and have fun designing their homes. You can even use special cards to call in Animal Crossing characters like Isabelle and DJ KK. Get five villager cards plus a special character card in every pack.

Also finally, a closer look at Mr.Game & Watch and Yoshi Amiibo:

Credit to Nintendaan:

Joshawott said:
However, yesterday we were basically shown an unsubtitled trailer for an anime that simply revealed the voice casts for characters no one knows anything about yet (why do original anime projects do that anyway?).
Are you effectively asking "do people get hype for their favorite seiyuu"? Because lolyes.

Shenmue III has reached over $3,000,000 for Kickstarter ($3,031,702 [~£1,921,194.17] to be exact by the time of this post).

So far they've unlocked the following:
- $2.5m | Shenmue 1 & 2 Cinema Shorts
- $2.6m | Subtitles for Deutsch
- $2.7m | Subtitles for French
- $2.8m | Subtitles for Spanish
- $2.9m | Subtitles for Italian

Yet to be reached:
- $3.2m | Rapport System
- $3.5m | Skill Tree System
- $4.0m | Baisha Village Expanded + Mini Games x 5

So am I an **** for going and getting the Steam version of FF7, getting the re-translation and model upgrade patch and saving myself two years (to say nothing of about £400) of grief?

Well, maybe not that but certainly for this;

I've still got the original FF7 PC disks and was heavily into the modding scene.... http://forums.qhimm.com/ were doing FF7 HD years before steam. They are still around but how their latest releases compare to what is on steam I don't know. They did have some quite cool stuff like a hard mode mod and patches to rename fire 2 fire 3 to fira firage etc. They may even support modding steam installs but I've not really kept up with it tbh. (they don't support piracy - you need a legit edition in some form).

There comes a point where 20GB of patches against a 1.2GB game does make you think that starting from scratch may just be better. Not sure where you are getting the £400 figure from? Got high hopes for the re-make hopefully it won't disappoint...

It's been £279 on Amazon for most of this month. Went up £20 when E3 kicked off. I assume it's because the publicity it gets. There were actually sites selling them as low as £250 about a week ago but looks like pretty much everywhere has gone up in price recently.

Back