The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Finally found a copy of the Ponyo Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD on Thursday and ordered it:

81N1kUQgHVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And, yesterday I pre-ordered one more new Studio Ghibli CE title, releasing this November - Porco Rosso, a Top Ten Ghibli movie for me. More gorgeous 3-panel digipak artwork!

812VJICz35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really wish they would show an image of the artwork on the reverse / outside of the CE digipaks too, but I guess those images will just have to be a surprise for when I receive them!

This brings the total UK Ghibli Collector's Edition releases to 9, and I'll be caught up with all of them once I recieve all my orders.

I love Porco Rosso too! I know you're not a fan of Ponyo but I enjoyed that as well. But ye PR is top-tier :)

I love Porco Rosso too! I know you're not a fan of Ponyo but I enjoyed that as well. But ye PR is top-tier :)

Well, I think all of the Studio Ghibli movies are good to decent, it's just that I happen to like Ponyo the least out of all of them because it is aimed at too young of an audience for me to get into it at all. Overall, the Ghibli movies that are most disliked by the masses, like Earthsea and Ocean Waves, are in my Top Ten favorite Ghibli movies, while the most popular ones, like Spirited Away and Totoro, are down around 17 and 18 for me. Still, I do actually like Ponyo more than Studio Ponac's Mary and the Witches Flower, which I thought got extremely childish with the story.

Last edited:
There are 2 Ghibli films that i just don't like: Pom Poko and Porco Rosso. I just can't stand them and i could barely watch them when i saw them for the first time.

Crap, just found out Elysian released a Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition of Earwig and the Witch that pretty much matches the Studio Canal CE's, so I had to order yet another Ghibli CE today, lol...

71kaOMPb64L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For their 6th Anniversary Bookwalker are currently running a 60% coin back event on the first 6 volumes of numerous series and 40% CB on any beyond those.
So I bought the following for cash:
Girl Friends (yuri) Vol. 1
No Game No Life (manga) Vol. 2
Sayanora, Football Vols 1 & 2
Transparent Light Blue (yuri)
Whispered Words (yuri) Vols 2 & 3

And then the rest free with coins I earned (in 3 separate blocks to earn more coins for the subsequent block):
Ascendance of a Bookworm (manga) Vols 4-6
Chio's School Road Vols 5 & 6
New Game! Vols 4-6
Whenever Our Eyes Meet... (yuri)

Leaving enough coins for the pre-order of Grand Blue Dreaming vol 14.

J-Novel Club titles aren't receiving the 60% on the first 3 volumes because they are on sale as part of their 5th Anniversary:

There's also a sale on all things Attack on Titan and comic (says manga, but international manga) versions of Western Classics, some Shakespeare, Jane Austen, etc.
*Affiliate links

Time for the next round of DVDs for my little sister:
5 Centimetres per Second (second hand from Musicmagpie)
Garden of Words (new off Amazon)
And the Kaze CE of Journey to Agartha (aka Children Who Chase Lost Voices) from eBay. This also solved the problem of not owning the Blu-ray myself yet!

Last batch of Bookwalker purchases for this month. Using both the Halloween sale:
and coin back event:
BOOK☆WALKER Global:Halloween Coin Fair 2021 | BOOK☆WALKER
Bakemonogatari (manga) vols 1-10

And from just the event:
Magical Girl Site Vols 8 & 9
School-Live! Vols 11 & 12 (complete)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vols 11 & 12
*Affiliate links

Ordered a pre-owned copy of the In This Corner of the World limited edition on ebay for £4.99, hopefully nothing will be wrong with it, though I am disappointed we never got the extended cut of the film.

And with a spend £15.00, get £5.00 off promo on Amazon, I have ordered the steelbook edition of Mary and the Witch's Flower as well as the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl movie collection on DVD, totalling up to just a bit over £17.00.

I've been meaning to pick up the steelbook edition of Mary and the Witch's Flower for a long time now, so thought I should before it eventually goes out of print one day, it was also the first anime movie I ever saw at the cinema.
The Pokemon Diamond & Pearl movies are some of my favourites, especially movie ten and with the DP remakes out next month, it's about time I give them a re-watch. I did have the singles originally but I wanted to take up less space so replacing it with this.

Speaking of the cinema, I have booked tickets for me and my friend to see My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission for Sunday, looking forward to it even if the MHA movies aren't anything overly special.

Last edited:
From Bookwalker during the Singles' Day coin back event. Basically harem and reverse harem books:
Today's Cerberus vols 1-3
Slasher Maidens vol 1

There's also another coin back event on books with themes like "spy", "assassin", and "evil organization":
*Affiliate links

Also pre-ordered 3 volumes with the coins earned:
Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2 Volume 3
Bakemonogatari vol 11
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro vol 9

I made two orders with Rightstuf on Sunday, one for 6 in-stock items and one for 3 January pre-order titles. I used a 10% Off code to get over $22.00 deducted from the total cost of the first order:

Wandering Witch The Journey of Elaina
Higurashi When They Cry GOU
Season 1 Part 1
In/Spectre Season 1
Future Boy Conan
Goblin Slayer Goblins Crown
Movie
Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Series

Preorder for 3 titles releasing 1/25:

Kakegurui XX
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple
Season 2
Appleseed 1988 OVA Series

Pre ordered Fate/ Heavens feel III
also a small Rightstuf weekly sale order.
Babel II OVA BD
Black Jack movie BD
Dear Brother BD
Elemental Gelade BD
Tenjho Tenge BD
Ultra Maniac
With the festive sale starting next week, I should have waited but I needed some Discotek loveliness

Back