The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Got rid of the DVD Limited Edition a while ago (always hated how big it was and it didn’t fit on my shelf properly) with the intention of getting again on Digital but since it’s on Blu-ray that’s the better option... got the double play edition for the slip cover.

Attachments

• 5647F256-6FB2-4596-B3BF-E5892D9C091A.jpeg
    5647F256-6FB2-4596-B3BF-E5892D9C091A.jpeg
    813.9 KB · Views: 1
So I ordered these titles from AOL this morning since they have removed VAT from their pricing for international buyers now:

Millennium Actress - Collector's Edition 4K UHD
Cyber City Oedo 808 Complete Series - Collector's Edition
Children of the Sea - Collector's Edition Combi

And THEN: I happened to make my order from AOL less than 4 hours before their January 20% Off Sale went live!! SO, I placed a second order with the same titles and used the code, and sent a message and email to AOL to cancel my first order.

And THEN: Wow, AOL was super-fast, I had my first order canceled within 10 minutes of my email to them! 👍

Postman has made me happy today, was expecting 1 and got 2 packages

Attachments

• BE23166D-2803-465C-81C8-0E95B4AF981A.jpeg
    BE23166D-2803-465C-81C8-0E95B4AF981A.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 6
Just ordered the Megazone 23 set from AnimEigo... went premium so it cost me £110 in total ($90 set, $30 delivery, $24 VAT) I think I feel a bit sick. I didn’t notice the VAT at first so was a bit shocked when I did see the total price... man it better not have any issues.

i need someone to convince me I did the right thing 😱

Last edited:
From Anime On Line

Planetes Collectors Edition
Millennium Actress (Standard Blu-Ray)
Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3
Ride Your Wave (Standard Blu-Ray)
After the Rain

from AlltheAnime
The Case of Hana and Alice( Standard Blu-Ray)

Just ordered the Megazone 23 set from AnimEigo... went premium so it cost me £110 in total ($90 set, $30 delivery, $24 VAT) I think I feel a bit sick. I didn’t notice the VAT at first so was a bit shocked when I did see the total price... man it better not have any issues.

1611091096712.png

If they have other stuff you want it might be worth ordering. I recently ordered a couple of sets from them and they emailed me to say that as I already have the megazone set pre ordered, if I was happy to wait I could bundle them into one shipment. As a result they refunded me the shipping from the new order so it brings down the cost a little bit.

I already have their Gunsmith Cats premium edition and it's very nice.

Might also get it as I have their other Kickstarter releases, and I was a little gutted when Megazone 24 was US only shipping in their last Kickstarter.

Might also get it as I have their other Kickstarter releases, and I was a little gutted when Megazone 24 was US only shipping in their last Kickstarter.
Yeah it was a shame they didnt sort that out during the kickstarter, but as soon as they announced they had rights to other countries as well I ordered it straight away.

Second batch of Zavvi Manga Ent. orders have been made.

EsIEZNvXIAcUVEn

I decided to sort one out now for these titles in particular because they ended up selling out the most numerous times during this sale.

Next order I have placed for my collection is not what you would expect.

Hb9dXs5m.png

Coming next week from Third Window Films (UK Asian cinema distributor) is The Weird and Wonderful World of Ujicha, a selection of anime films done in a Gekimation style. The main films included are The Burning Buddha Man and Violence Voyager with three more that are short-length. I have been interested in this collection ever since it was first announced and packaging-wise it looks great. If you are familiar or have acquired the Animerama collection from the distributor, the packaging will be similar.

Voice actors Aoi Yuuki (So I'm a Spider So What) and Daisuke Ono (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) are part of the Violence Voyager cast while Yuka Iguchi (Ascendance of a Bookworm) is with the Burning Buddha Man cast. I pre-ordered the collection today because it went down in price by a few quid and I figured I would go for it to support the distributor going after these sorts of films.

Just realised I’ve made a massive error and ordered the Patlabor Ultimate Collection on DVD instead of Blu-ray.., it’s already shipped aswell. That’s an expensive mistake to make... I’ve re-ordered on Blu-ray as I feel it won’t even be available on eBay for much longer but damn I annoyed at myself.

Anyone else done it or something similar?

Just realised I’ve made a massive error and ordered the Patlabor Ultimate Collection on DVD instead of Blu-ray.., it’s already shipped aswell. That’s an expensive mistake to make... I’ve re-ordered on Blu-ray as I feel it won’t even be available on eBay for much longer but damn I annoyed at myself.

Anyone else done it or something similar?
Lol yep a couple of times. Once was with Drifters. Didnt realise there were seperate collectors editions for dvd and blu ray. I didnt know anything about teh show so just left it.

The other time was with New Game. That really annoyed me as I was super looking forward to it but MVM were really good about it and let me return it and buy the blu ray instead.

Back