The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I am not planning to spend that much monies on anime/manga/CDs/art supplies for the next few months but I got Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood complete collection for £11.30 from Ebay via Music Magpie... even if condition is mildly imperfect it's a steal at that price IMO (and condition is listed as very good so hopefully that is accurate), free postage too, though ofc it won't turn up super fast but that's fine by me! Very happy with that :)

So I currently have 8 packages out there somewhere in the mail system, 4 each from Rightstuf and from AOL, but why stop there?!? I've already made two post-Christmas orders from Rightstuf to jam up the postal system even more, haha...

Last day of the Holiday Sale:
Fairy Gone Season 1 Part 1
Meiji Tokyo Renka

Weekly Specials - Best of 2020 Sale:
Fairy gone Season 1 Part 2
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Season 2
Midnight Occult Civil Servants
Wicked City
Konosuba Season 1 + OVA (against my better judgement - can I endure the comedy?!)

For some reason I really enjoy shojo romance series, and no, I'm not into Bishonen, lol - but I liked Meiji Tokyo Renka, and I'm really getting into Hanasakeru Seishonen - the first 4 episodes were pretty awesome so far, and she's a real cutie.

I've just taken advantage last minute of the Rightstuf holiday sale too. Waited right until the end to see everything available and then make a choice.
Chaos;Child
Hanebado (Doubt this will ever come to the UK)
Kase-san
Bloom Into You LE
Infinite Stratos SE LE
Fate: Oath Under Snow (or the correct name there)
Hamatora S1
Hamatora S2

I didn't realise the Zavvi discount wasn't applied to the prices shown on the anime selection so I went for a few (I could have gone for more like Fire Force Part 1 but it sold out).

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Regular Blu-ray release

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Regular Blu-ray release

Mob Psycho 100 II
Regular Blu-ray release
Other titles I still plan to get (Astra Lost in Space, COP CRAFT, Demon Lord Retry, NEW GAME) will be saved for another time as they'll last or were sold out/not included in this offering.

Funimation is having a 21% Off sale though today, so I ordered these three titles as my first anime purchases of 2021:

Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life - Season 2
Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit - The Complete Series
Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth - The Complete Series

Last edited:
Owarimonogatari Volume 3
Limited Edition Blu-ray release

It's been a while and was originally planned to be sorted at the second half of last year, but I postponed it due to different factors going on (such as Anime Limited releasing tons of big titles that I wanted and the sales), and it was only until now that I had been able to actually order another Monogatari volume. Now part of the original plan was to acquire the remaining two volumes together in one order, but I decided to split them up. One reason for doing so is because Owarimonogatari Volume 3 is the pricier set of the two and has been around for much longer, while Zoku Owarimonogatari literally only came out a year ago and is cheaper (in AoA terms).

I plan to acquire Zoku Owarimonogatari for next month's haul, and by then the whole Monogatari saga will be complete unless SHAFT wants to animate more of the novel's story arcs. With Monogatari almost completed, that just leaves me with the Fate franchise which I am way behind with but pretty much almost got the core part (the Fate/Stay Night series) completed (as Heaven's Feel III spring song is the last one left). I love the Fate franchise and want to keep a consistent collection with the distributor, though I am considering the MVM release for Grand Order -First Order- to speed up the pace (and I reckon the OVA/specials will likely get a BD-Box compilation collection of its own in the future).

All of Battle Angel Alita Last Order and Mars Chronicle on Bookwalker as part of the Kodansha New Year, New Manga sale:

There's also a site wide 30% coin back promotion on till 7:59am on the 9th and in addition there's 50% coin back on the first 3 volumes of isekai books which also ends on the 9th:

*Affiliate links

From zavvi

How NOT To Summon A Demon Lord​

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One Part One & two​

Astra Lost in Space​

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199​

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?​

Prison School dvd​

The Quintessential Quintuplets: Season 1 dvd​

Wise Man’s Grand Child dvd​

Last edited:
Back