The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

JB Hi-Fi have a 20% off DVDs and BDs for the next five days. So I just bit the bullet and filled in those annoying Anime Limited/Funimation gaps that have been irking me,

Free Iwatobi Swim Club S1 (The empty space before S2 triggers my OCD, although I have no interest in the movies or S3 and beyond)
Black Butler Book of the Atlantic
Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond
Love Live Sunshine S2.

Anime Limited are still going to release Violet Evergarden, right?

JB Hi-Fi have a 20% off DVDs and BDs for the next five days. So I just bit the bullet and filled in those annoying Anime Limited/Funimation gaps that have been irking me,

Free Iwatobi Swim Club S1 (The empty space before S2 triggers my OCD, although I have no interest in the movies or S3 and beyond)
Black Butler Book of the Atlantic
Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond
Love Live Sunshine S2.

Anime Limited are still going to release Violet Evergarden, right?
AL still have Love Live Sunshine S2. Just taking a while as usual

Used a online voucher site's coupon to get 2 Vue Cinema tickets + large popcorn for Ā£10. Used it to book 2 seats for Promare, and have invited my friend.

If hes too busy. I guess its an easy 2 large popcorns for me

Next up on the collection haul is...

tr7d8vF.gif

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World
Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD
Been a while since I last ordered from Rightstuf and especially during their Christmas sales, well to be more accurate this is from their pre-Holiday sale. Today they added a bunch of Funimation limited editions and I had most of the ones that I wanted but there were two that I was thinking of getting. However, I decided to focus solely on Wanna Be the Strongest in the World because I want to save as much money as I can for the end of November to early December period as there could be better offers for other titles. That meant that I decided not to opt for Myriad Colors Phantom World - I have seen the show, felt it was alright, but I didn't want to get it right now. I may instead go for the Essentials release but we'll see. The former was chosen primarily because it's one of those older Funimation limited edition sets that I was interested in and it's either that or the S.A.V.E. edition.

Estimated time of arrival for this release is early December.

Gave in and ordered Macross Delta volumes 1-9 from Mandarake. Considering how this cost ~Ā£180 and I'll definitely get hit by customs, I'll probably tone down my anime spending for the next few months. Deculture is expensive...
IMG_20191112_212452.jpg

Nevertheless the sets look pretty great and the option of English subtitles is a really nice way of giving the non-JP fanbase a chance to own the series.

Next up on the collection haul is...

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2
Blu-ray with Collector's Edition Booklet
No surprise, I ordered it as soon as possible. Technically I could start Gundam 00 Season 1 now but I want to wait for Season 2 to arrive first before delving into the series.

The blu-rays I've bought the past 2 months...
Gundam Wing Part 2 Collector's Edition
Gundam 00 Part 2 Collector's Edition
Gundam The Origin V & VI Collector's Edition
Cowboy Bebop Parts 1 and 2 Collector's Edition
Space Dandy Seasons 1 and 2 Collector's Edition
Outlaw Star Collector's Edition
Gurren Lagann Collector's Edition
Kill la Kill Parts 1/2/3 Collector's Edition
Samurai Flamenco Parts 1 and 2 Collector's Edition
Castle Town Dandelion
FLCL

I was able to get some of these cheap from AllTheAnime.com but stuff that's OOP I found at CEX and used a voucher... For a long time I was only buying Gundam collector's editions but then I got the Escaflowne CE and realised "They go all out for everything!" so I've been getting the stuff I missed out on before lately. I appreciate the minimal design on Gundam, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne and Gurren Lagann, so cool looking!
Gave in and ordered Macross Delta volumes 1-9 from Mandarake. Considering how this cost ~Ā£180 and I'll definitely get hit by customs, I'll probably tone down my anime spending for the next few months. Deculture is expensive...
Nevertheless the sets look pretty great and the option of English subtitles is a really nice way of giving the non-JP fanbase a chance to own the series.
You have no idea how close I am to buying the Macross Plus BD Box from Japan...

Last edited:
Back