The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Today I bought the following:

Nogizaka Haruka & Purezza
Darling in the Franxx Part 2
CCS: Clear Card 1&2
My Hero Academia Season 1
Black Clover Parts 2+3

Technically anime related, but paid for this last night

An animation cel from Slayers of Lord Ruby Eyes himself. Since it's a far out shot, and not of a main cast member I got it for 860 yen + taxes + shipping to proxy + proxy fee + (not been charged yet shipping to UK) (so far its cost £15, I imagine another £10 for shipping and stuff)

I'm pretty excited with it being my first animation cel.

1565089753317.png

(Scene from the show where this Cel appears)
1565089905312.png

Bought Made in Abyss (US Sentai) from ebay user Chocli on ebay. Was only £5 new. Anybody got one of these yet? Sceptical that it's the genuine article but I'll see when it arrives.

Last edited:
Bought Made in Abyss (US Sentai) from ebay user Chocli on ebay. Was only £5 new. Anybody got one of these yet? Sceptical that it's the genuine article but I'll see when it arrives.
I posted another item from this seller in the bargains thread yesterday, was quickly confirmed to be a fake item. The print quality of the cover in that picture looks rather poor (I noticed it on Regu's face)

Last edited:
I posted another item from this seller in the bargains thread yesterday, was quickly confirmed to be a fake item. The print quality of the cover in that pictures looks rather poor (I noticed it on Regu's face)

Yeah it was to be expected, really. I'll check the discs to see if they are 1:1 copies. It'll do for now so I can watch the show and I'll pick up the UK release if I enjoy it. Thanks for letting me know though!

Decided (probably against the best judgement) to get these forwarded with my animation cel

Mysteria Friends BD Box 1 and 2 (800 yen in total with 700 of that being the shipping to the forwarder)
Infinite Stratos US S1 BD for 1600 + 350 yen shipping to forwader
Slayers Megumix OST CD 900 yen + 350 yen shipping.

I'll have to pay 1500 yen to get these repackaged into a box with my animation cel, and I imagine the shipping will be like £20ish so its a very expensive order, but shipping stuff from JP is expensive so I wanted to make it feel a bit more worth.

1565373615562.png1565373621374.png

1565373642248.png1565373632966.png

Yesterday I pledged the $90 Premium level for the latest Robert Woodhead/AnimEIGO Anime Kickstarter, Megazone 23. The Kickstarter went live yesterday evening at 2200 UTC, or 5:00 pm EDT in the US. As of now It's already past the $80,000 mark of the $100,000 funding goal, so it should be fully funded within the first 24 hours, as most of his kickstarters are. Robert is still trying to get rights for international shipping, but as of right now, that has yet to be accomplished. Hopefully that will happen before the 30-day pledge period ends, but even if it doesn't get the OK until after it closes, Robert still accepts pledges through almost the entire Kickstarter.

Yesterday I pledged the $90 Premium level for the latest Robert Woodhead/AnimEIGO Anime Kickstarter, Megazone 23. The Kickstarter went live yesterday evening at 2200 UTC, or 5:00 pm EDT in the US. As of now It's already past the $80,000 mark of the $100,000 funding goal, so it should be fully funded within the first 24 hours, as most of his kickstarters are. Robert is still trying to get rights for international shipping, but as of right now, that has yet to be accomplished. Hopefully that will happen before the 30-day pledge period ends, but even if it doesn't get the OK until after it closes, Robert still accepts pledges through almost the entire Kickstarter.
Much as I do like AnimEigo a lot for bringing us so much Sonoda (though I was a wee bit miffed over the GSC cover art situation - listening to people is not always a good idea because a lot of people are idiots, one of the flaws of Kickstarter, also democracy) these prices are getting a little hard to justify especially when you add in the $30 international shipping (approx. £30 at current exchange rates, though it's likely we'll be the 51st State by the time it's shipped anyway so it might end up being less). I'll probably still end up pledging though, should it go international.

I pledge my money to support anime Kickstarters in general, as a great alternate source for anime releases that may otherwise not get made - not just for the calculated retail value of the physical set we receive as a result. To me, looking at just the physical value is a somewhat selfish attitude towards Kickstarters. I've pledged in 14 anime Kickstarters over the last 6 years, and many of my pledges have been in the $300-$500 range - far beyond the value of the physical release. I just enjoy participating in the entire process. I don't even care much for mecha anime, so Megazone is not something I will be overly fond of - but I always support Robert's as well as Ann Yamamoto's Kickstarters (Time of EVE, Skip Beat) by default, they're always the best ones out there.

I pledge my money to support anime Kickstarters in general, as a great alternate source for anime releases that may otherwise not get made - not just for the calculated retail value of the physical set we receive as a result. To me, looking at just the physical value is a somewhat selfish attitude towards Kickstarters. I've pledged in 14 anime Kickstarters over the last 6 years, and many of my pledges have been in the $300-$500 range - far beyond the value of the physical release. I just enjoy participating in the entire process. I don't even care much for mecha anime, so Megazone is not something I will be overly fond of - but I always support Robert's as well as Ann Yamamoto's Kickstarters (Time of EVE, Skip Beat) by default, they're always the best ones out there.
Fair enough on the participation front, but I'm no longer so sure of the "may otherwise not get made" part any more - AnimEigo have surely gauged and captured their market for retro anime on Blu-ray now given how massively successful all their Sonoda show Kickstarters have been, I'm not sure their new releases really all need to be done that way any more. I'm thankful for everything they've released on BD so far and have backed every single one of them up to this point, but I'm kinda missing the days when they also released longer shows like Urusei Yatsura and You're Under Arrest (I don't know how it sold for them, I'm guessing poorly, but YUA very definitely needs a re-release).

They just show well remind me how America focused the western anime industry is as being forced to pay $30+ For international shipping seems to be accepted.
To be fair to them, the idea is to avoid customs charges by bulk shipping them to Europe first and then on to the end customers from within the EU, but at $30 I'm not certain it's actually any better than just sending by regular mail and chancing the charges. 20% of $90 is $18, about £14.80.

Back