The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I get paid tomorrow and with the recent mystery boxes doing their job of rounding out my humble collection and giving me stuff to watch I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I now feel like supporting some shows that I actually enjoyed during my days surfing the webs seven seas saying Yarr. That said I'm looking at a quite a few things and not sure which show I want to prioritize :p

Payday for me is this Friday but I have some on-order that will be paid off soon (Kingdom Hearts III and One Cut of the Dead). Eventually I'll be placing an order for Unlimited Blade Works Box II as soon as I pay off the rent for this quarter at the end of the month.

By the way is Monogatari a good pickup? I see it get praised alot but boy there are alot of them and most seasons only have 4-5 episodes?
It's a great franchise but it's one that to me requires patience. A lot of episodes are straight up talking and it can throw folks off but I still find it entertaining throughout.

In terms of collecting for Blu-ray, all English regions are a mess at the moment (UK is missing Kizu and the recent sets, AU is basically dead, US has almost all of Second Season's arcs now out of print).

Thankfully I'm caught up with my Aniplex Monogatari Blu-ray sets, including all of the second season Blu-ray releases that are now OOP - I only need to purchase the three latest Owari sets and the Koyomi set to have all the volumes that have been released so far. I'll probably pick up all four of those sets in February.

And give me a talking series over an action series, any day. 👍

The reason being that this might not see a release outside of Japan?

The reason being that I love this series enough that spending what will probably come to almost £100 (when all the various costs are accounted for) on a film is worth it.

The fact that it will almost certainly never get released over here adds to the logic of doing so.

Back