The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Regarding the post I made in the Q&A thread about the eBay seller and shipment.
The offer went through and the seller agreed to ship to Denmark.
I got Future Diary - The Complete Series.
It's the 3-disc edition, so no OVA included. Is there anything else I should know? - like anything related to PQ?

PQ is average funi quality, but the OVA is pretty important as its the true end for the story.

I see, maybe I can stream that on FunimationNOW. The set cost me around $19 shipped, the other one with the OVA would've cost me around $40 incl. shipping.
I believe the set with the OVA also forces the DVD’s onto you and takes up more shelf space.

I finally ordered the @Anime French Collector's BD/DVD steelcase of Genocidal Organ to complete the set of 3 Project Itoh movie steelcase releases, since the GO steelcase was not released in the UK. I'll just have to put either the UK or US Blu-ray disc inside the set, since the French release is not English friendly. I'm not really a steel collector, but since I had imported the steelcase versions of the first two movies, I wanted to have a complete set.

I'm not sure if the French steelcase or the German steelcase was the proper version to get to complete the set. The French case has the AL elephant-butt logo on it, so I guess that's the one, although it comes with a DVD that the Al sets did not have. I like the image on the French release much better too, as it uses the JP cover image. I hope the French case is a good match to the two UK sets.

Last edited:
I always sell DVDs that comes with a BD release, I know a guy who'll buy literally anything anime related. Which actually knocks a bit of the price. If it's a 4-disc, then it goes in a 2-disc case. But if it's like this series (9-disc), I usually get my brother to make a custom replice and resize so it can fit in a case (4-disc for Future Diary).
Customs replice? You mean like replicating the sleeve just with less wide spine? How do you get this done? (In decent quality?)

If it's possible, then we'll take a high-res scan of the cover and try to touch up the PQ. Then play a bit around with the spine, maybe find a logo of the series, and then re-size it so it fits. The upcoming one(s) are Steins;Gate, Space Dandy and more. I only do this after I watch the show, to see if I decide to keep it.
Sounds like quite some effort. How much does it cost to print it?
Have had been thinking of doing this with my Phantom back in the day, but then it felt like a huge ordeal to get it done. (And then the save release came around and I kept thinking if space really is a problem, I should just get the save release.)

Steins;Gate btw. is getting an essentials release, with is bd-only 4disc and having the same cover as the anime classics release. (Albeit a little but less of the artwork around the edges.) No idea what the essentials look like inside, though. The AC has a nice piece of artwork inside. (Which made it even nicer than the half set releases, which did have an inner artwork, but that was just some background pattern.)

@farzam1999 How much does that cost in the printing shop usually? (Can imaging it to be a pain to print by oneself...)
Must be seriously handy to have someone to make custom covers. ... Do you happen to produce your own chipboxes as well? =P

I also have the AC edition S;G without the DVDs. The thing is just I also have the chipbox from the LE half set (without the half sets) and the AC does not fit inside it without leaving some space left. But the space is also not enough to stuff the movie inside either. (The German one would fit, but it's a peppermint release....) Had been thinking of getting the essentials and stuff that in there along with later on S;G 0 (but then I look at the essentials bar and think "ugly!" and also think about how bad S;G 0 is.) Usually I have no qualms whatsoever to just put in some other show, but I kind of like to have it be somewhat related either by artstyle or content. And huke's art is just way too perculiar for anything to really blend into. (And contentwise also nothing comes to mind that doesn't have it's own box already.)
Your typical Luna-collection-frankensteining-issues I guess...

From Amazon.com:

Mobile Fighter G Gundam Blu-ray Collections 1 & 2

Sold my DVDs last year so now time to see this classic on Blu-ray. Amazon were actually cheaper than RightStuf and you can pre-pay the customs charge so you don't get stung with the £8 handling fee from Royal Mail.

Back