The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Placed an order for Durarara Volumes 1,2 and 3

Region 4 versions, with the dual audio (not that I'm a dub fan), and hopefully with the non-dodgy subtitles. (I am a sub fan)

Let's see if Devoted DVD's customs avoidance techniques work.

HMV are taking the piss with Cowboy Bebop - a WEEK after I ordered and they still haven't got their stock? Cancelled.

Besides, Grandpa wants to know if I want something that's around £20-30 for my birthday, so I'll ask him to get me it (he'll prolly be getting from Amazon; he's in love with the site atm). Simples.

I went a little mad on amazon today, just buying because I felt like it. And among the items were:

Arrietty
Ghost in the Shell (manga)
Fruits Basket (pre-order)

... and I have put Mitsuru Adachi's 'Short Program' manga, which is only available in French, in my basket. There were only two copies left of each. If they are still there by next month, they are destined to be mine.

EDIT: Oh wait, Cowboy Bebop is out??? BOUGHT!!! YES GOD YES I OWN IT MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OH MY GOD I OWN COWBOY BEBOP I AM CRYING SO HARD THANK YOU BEEZ!

From HMV instore earlier:
Welcome to the NHK

From Waterstones instore earlier:
Blue Exorcist Volume 5
Ouran Host Club Volume 1

HMV:
Fairy Tail Part 1
Fruits Basket Collection
Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom Part 2

Base.com:
Nabari No Ou - Series 1 Part 1
Shikabane Hime - Part 2

Amazon:
Bleach Series 2
Nabari No Ou - Series 1 Part 2

The Hut:
Shikabane Hime - Part 1

Due to the recent bandai and beez news over the past few days I ordered:
Planet axel:
Outlaw Star
Escaflowne
Big O 1 and 2
Star Driver Parts 1 and 2
Bakuman part 1 with axel points
Amazon:
Durarara (These arrived today and while I was cheking the discs I never noticed any problems with the subtitles which people had mentioned so that was a bonus.)

fabricatedlunatic said:
K-On v4 is on its way from HMV. Never thought I'd be more excited to watch that than Redline... apocalypse imminent.
Hmm, I can't quite forget your anti-Kirino sentiments, but maybe I can begin to forgive.

Rui said:
Star Driver DVD LE 1 and 2 (R2).

Just for the CDs. Sigh. At least the DVD LEs are pretty cheap, so I can pretend I'm just buying the CDs which come with bonus episodes.
Interesting, I nearly imported the show at least in part to get the CDs, but ultimately decided against it. Never thought to go the cheaper-on-DVD route for them!

reborn said:
You mean... like... in a physical store? Not on the internet? What happened?!

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

Just for the CDs. Sigh. At least the DVD LEs are pretty cheap, so I can pretend I'm just buying the CDs which come with bonus episodes.
Interesting, I nearly imported the show at least in part to get the CDs, but ultimately decided against it. Never thought to go the cheaper-on-DVD route for them!

I'm sort of hoping the music turns terrible later on so I don't need the full set, but at the moment I'm enjoying it too much to pass up :D

R

Had £3 left on me, and noticed "Origin: Spirits of the past*" was £3 in HMV, so thought I'd give it a go.

*Only just noticed the actual title, all the way home I thought it was Spirit: Origins *something or other*

I ordered Gravion Complete Collection (Gravion and Gravion Zwei) over Christmas and it turned up today. I now all of Masami Obari's back catalog, can't wait to watch this!

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

I'm sort of hoping the music turns terrible later on so I don't need the full set, but at the moment I'm enjoying it too much to pass up :D
Mmm, it does kind of hits its high points during Sakana-chan's arc imo, but I can't really say anything to get your... err... "hopes" up. ^^;

reborn said:
ilmaestro said:
reborn said:
You mean... like... in a physical store? Not on the internet? What happened?!
The powers that be decided that the use of a gift card is forbidden on the internet. :(
Ahaha, yes, I also have a gift voucher still sitting in my wallet for similar reasons.

Back