The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

animefreak17 said:
bakum4tsu said:
400? :eek:

3 thousand was a joke as you might know. It was to express how much stuff some of you have. I've added to my collection 4 more dvds as i stated in the last comment. 8)

oh 400 is nothing compared to this 1 guy on youtube hes probably got at least 1.500 series and movie in hes room hes got them in piles to hes room and hes backlogs huge

That is just crazy. As much as i love anime, there are tons of series i would never buy because i just buy the ones i really love and could easily see again. Anyway, long live the money for that. ahah

bakum4tsu said:
animefreak17 said:
bakum4tsu said:
400? :eek:

3 thousand was a joke as you might know. It was to express how much stuff some of you have. I've added to my collection 4 more dvds as i stated in the last comment. 8)

oh 400 is nothing compared to this 1 guy on youtube hes probably got at least 1.500 series and movie in hes room hes got them in piles to hes room and hes backlogs huge

That is just crazy. As much as i love anime, there are tons of series i would never buy because i just buy the ones i really love and could easily see again. Anyway, long live the money for that. ahah

im the same way il buy any anime as long its not a romantic

I would buy even more stuff if there were more offer in the uk. I think the 2000/2008 were better than the actual stuff. Most of the shows are romantic and full of girls everywhere and drama. I would lie to see some blood, action, samurai and good plots. I miss stuff like gantz, champloo, beck, ippo, gto and so on and so on.

I was hoping my stuff would arrive today so i could create the video/photo stuff topic we were talking about but they didnt. Maybe ilmaestro will create it like he said he would do it.

I'll take a range. Give me a good Romcom/Drama on one side, and then give me something like Beck on the other. Variation is the spice of life :)

I enjoy things like Toradora, Kanon and Spice and Wolf, but on the other hand enjoyed things Black Lagoon.

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion - Part 3 (Limited Edition)
Heavens Lost Property - Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)

Finally completed my Code Geass Set xD

bakum4tsu said:
I would buy even more stuff if there were more offer in the uk. I think the 2000/2008 were better than the actual stuff. Most of the shows are romantic and full of girls everywhere and drama. I would lie to see some blood, action, samurai and good plots. I miss stuff like gantz, champloo, beck, ippo, gto and so on and so on.

I was hoping my stuff would arrive today so i could create the video/photo stuff topic we were talking about but they didnt. Maybe ilmaestro will create it like he said he would do it.

i love gantz im just pissed they didn't fully finish the anime.

il watch anything as long as theres no romance i mean a lil cutesy romance is ok but other then that no thanks.

as long as theres a good story, great characters, funnies, ecchi, mech, action, sci-fi, mysterie, adventure,ect im all for it. to be honest i like to lucky dip my series if there nothing im looking for

bakum4tsu said:

Those types of shows just aren't popular amongst fansubbers/Japan, excepting the ones aimed at selling shounen manga. You'll need to do actual searching to find them, and no chance of lawful western disks outside of France.

Also lots of the heavier fanservice shows are action (e.g. Strike Witches, Hyakka Ryouran, Highschool of the Dead), like plot is mostly found in drama and romance series.

Same problem as with Hollywood movies, shows need to appeal to a big audience, so being picky about shows not containing something will cut your choice immensely.

I see what you mean and you're right in some stuff. Im looking at the momento for good shows of 2011 and already got some to see. Meanwhile, i'll be rewatching some gold old stuff. :D

I think we are doing a lil bit of offtopic here since this is for new material bought. :lol:

ilmaestro said:
Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly understandable. We do say "camera", though, I guess the Portuguese word translates directly to "photomachine"?

I agree that it's a good idea by the way, so much so that I did make a thread for it. :)

It was titled "Goods you've received - PHOTOS EDITION", but it seems to have been deleted by a mod somewhere along the line, not sure what for. I will create a new topic for it tomorrow evening some time, or you can start it if your stuff shows up.

My stuff arrived and I did put the photos in this topic

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic ... 241#352241

It's to create a new one or what? 8)

ilmaestro said:
Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly understandable. We do say "camera", though, I guess the Portuguese word translates directly to "photomachine"?
Photomachine is actually a much better word than camera. I'm going to call them that from now on.

lolol the thing it you say camera for photos and videocamera for video right? I think so...

So why the photo is just camera? It makes no sense but I'm no english guy eheh

I have ordered Blue Exorcist 3 and 4. Somehow, after months of indecision, Baccano on blu-ray also fell into one of my orders thanks to the sales thread ^^; nothing weakens the resolve more than a shiny thing selling out.

bakum4tsu said:
lolol the thing it you say camera for photos and videocamera for video right? I think so...

We didn't think of video cameras at the time... our lack of skill for future planning has been discovered!

R

Rui said:
I have ordered Blue Exorcist 3 and 4. Somehow, after months of indecision, Baccano on blu-ray also fell into one of my orders thanks to the sales thread ^^; nothing weakens the resolve more than a shiny thing selling out.

bakum4tsu said:

We didn't think of video cameras at the time... our lack of skill for future planning has been discovered!

R

eheh you said everything 8)

In consideration of the whole Blu-ray affair we got going on over here I decided to finally get around to buying the complete collection of Sengoku Basara on blu-ray!

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!

Man I love all the Engrish :D

kippy666 said:
In consideration of the whole Blu-ray affair we got going on over here I decided to finally get around to buying the complete collection of Sengoku Basara on blu-ray!

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!

ummmmm you do know you can get it on dvd/blu-ray comdo

animefreak17 said:
kippy666 said:

LET'S PARTY!!!!!!

ummmmm you do know you can get it on dvd/blu-ray comdo

You know what I totally could have. But with this I'm actually buying a blu-ray disc that I can actually use, I don't need to import it and what's the point of getting a combo when I can just...well...you know have the blu-ray
for cheaper? It seemed kinda pointless to do that. Thank you for your concern anyway though >.<

Back