The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

fabricatedlunatic said:
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid on Blu-ray for a few pennies over £15 (including postage) from Amazon Marketplace. It may be of interest to some of you that unlike the previous BD release, this one is coded A & B.

Is it really? That's sweet news was waiting to here about that one, Full Metal Panic Blu-Rays will be mine now in the new year

Pre-ordered The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (DVD). I'm 30p too short to be able to pre-order K-On! volume 2 as well...

alexrose1uk said:
Shana turned out NOT to have 5.1 (there's a mistake on the collection box, which is where the MVM rep had confirmed the information from) but Tony at MVM has absolutely blown me away with thier customer service when I contacted them to see if we could work something out (as I could have offered the cheaper than half price singles).

Thank you for your mail regarding Shana audio.

We do indeed owe you a big apology as this would appear to be an art design error on the original art box set which was then carried over to design of the thin pack collection.

The original was released over 2 and half years ago and, not only was this not spotted in the (believe me) multi-layered approval process with the licensors (who normally tell us if we have a comma in the wrong place!), but also nobody has ever mentioned it.

So well spotted on your part, but I appreciate that doesn't help you.

We will immediately refund your card for the full amount paid.
Please keep the Shana collection free of charge with our apologies.

The Shana license has now expired.
Since the bankruptcy of Geneon world rights have transferred to NBC Universal.
We are trying to relicense Shana for the UK and also the second and third series.
We will endeavour to get the details correct next time if we succeed in relicensing.

Thank you for your understanding and again apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards

Tony
MVM Entertainment

Seriously well done to Tony at MVM, as a customer he couldn't have realistically done much better for me, I've worked in several customer facing roles myself, and that's pretty stunning customer service so I think I'll be a returning customer in the future.

You usually hear that an unhappy customer will make a noise, whilst a happy one usually wont, but I don't think that's exactly fair :)

That's also two contact forms I've filled in on the site, and had responses within a couple of hours, so again, very impressive :)

Wow...I was expecting them to either say "You're loss, not ours" or refund the difference. I look forward to seeing them get the rights to Shana 2 and 3.

EDIT:
By the way guys, should I pre-order the first Madoka LE from Rightstuf or United Publications? Judging from the current exchange rates, including postage, UP is £17 more; however, I have yet to make an order from either, so there's the scanning documents in for Rightstuf...also, as it's over £18 wouldn't customs eat me?

In regards to rightstuf I have had one order from them so far and waiting for another. They marked the box down to $5 per item so it never got a charge as long as you dont order anymore than 4 items. Also I had doubts about the documents part but it went well and is easy. I took a picture of my address on a bill and my bank card with some digits covered, then you upload it with their secure server. United publications are good and ship really fast but for a little bit of effort you'll save £17 using rightstuf.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid on Blu-ray for a few pennies over £15 (including postage) from Amazon Marketplace. It may be of interest to some of you that unlike the previous BD release, this one is coded A & B.
Mhm, I saw that. Is it really native 1080p? If so, I might go for it.

Paradox295 said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Mhm, I saw that. Is it really native 1080p? If so, I might go for it.

I believe it's more of an Upscale from SD, but I have heard it does look really good for an upscale unlike it's predecessors where there really isn't much difference

MangaUK offered me the 30p I needed to buy K-On! 2 as well...except 10 minutes before reading that tweet I had to pay £7.70 to download Plants vs Zombies for my unwell little brother. Why must I be a good brother? T_T.

sean morrison said:
In regards to rightstuf I have had one order from them so far and waiting for another. They marked the box down to $5 per item so it never got a charge as long as you dont order anymore than 4 items. Also I had doubts about the documents part but it went well and is easy. I took a picture of my address on a bill and my bank card with some digits covered, then you upload it with their secure server. United publications are good and ship really fast but for a little bit of effort you'll save £17 using rightstuf.
In regards to digits covering, how many can we cover again?

So I just request a paper statement from my bank, scan that with my bank card and it'll be fine? Cool, thanks.

Joshawott said:
Pre-ordered The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (DVD). I'm 30p too short to be able to pre-order K-On! volume 2 as well...

alexrose1uk said:
Shana turned out NOT to have 5.1 (there's a mistake on the collection box, which is where the MVM rep had confirmed the information from) but Tony at MVM has absolutely blown me away with thier customer service when I contacted them to see if we could work something out (as I could have offered the cheaper than half price singles).

Thank you for your mail regarding Shana audio.

We do indeed owe you a big apology as this would appear to be an art design error on the original art box set which was then carried over to design of the thin pack collection.

The original was released over 2 and half years ago and, not only was this not spotted in the (believe me) multi-layered approval process with the licensors (who normally tell us if we have a comma in the wrong place!), but also nobody has ever mentioned it.

So well spotted on your part, but I appreciate that doesn't help you.

We will immediately refund your card for the full amount paid.
Please keep the Shana collection free of charge with our apologies.

The Shana license has now expired.
Since the bankruptcy of Geneon world rights have transferred to NBC Universal.
We are trying to relicense Shana for the UK and also the second and third series.
We will endeavour to get the details correct next time if we succeed in relicensing.

Thank you for your understanding and again apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards

Tony
MVM Entertainment

Seriously well done to Tony at MVM, as a customer he couldn't have realistically done much better for me, I've worked in several customer facing roles myself, and that's pretty stunning customer service so I think I'll be a returning customer in the future.

You usually hear that an unhappy customer will make a noise, whilst a happy one usually wont, but I don't think that's exactly fair :)

That's also two contact forms I've filled in on the site, and had responses within a couple of hours, so again, very impressive :)

Wow...I was expecting them to either say "You're loss, not ours" or refund the difference. I look forward to seeing them get the rights to Shana 2 and 3.

EDIT:
By the way guys, should I pre-order the first Madoka LE from Rightstuf or United Publications? Judging from the current exchange rates, including postage, UP is £17 more; however, I have yet to make an order from either, so there's the scanning documents in for Rightstuf...also, as it's over £18 wouldn't customs eat me?

Commercial consignments of £15 or less are free from customs duty and import VAT. For example, goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £15, will not be charged any duty or VAT but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters. See paragraph 2.6, 2.7 and section 3.

The import limit was reduced from £18 to £15 as of 01 November 2011. As for Madoka LE, I'll be preordering it from United Publications (can't be bothered with the hassle with Right Stuf and scanning credit cards etc).

I'm an old fan of FMP, I never bought the previous BD's because they were region A only. I can play Region A, but only on my PC, which is a shame.

As these are now A&B though, ordered! Even if I get hit for customs, its only going to be £3 :)

Does anyone know if the first season/Fumoffu are still region A locked (as I'm sure I saw them both on BD recently)

alexrose1uk said:
I'm an old fan of FMP, I never bought the previous BD's because they were region A only. I can play Region A, but only on my PC, which is a shame.

As these are now A&B though, ordered! Even if I get hit for customs, its only going to be £3 :)

Does anyone know if the first season/Fumoffu are still region A locked (as I'm sure I saw them both on BD recently)

http://www.planetaxel.com/list?searchMe ... erby=point

Planetaxel lists the 1st season & Fumoffu as region free (it also lists the 2nd raid classic as region A locked but I have sent them an email with the Fandompost and Mania.com links saying it should be region free).

Joshawott said:
I knew it was getting lowered, but didn't know when. Now this makes things slightly more confusing.
As long as TRSI continues to mark stuff @ $5, you'll be good for four items per shipment atm.

You can see the exchange rate that HMRC will be using for the next month on this page:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... CodesTools

If that ever slips up to $1.67 again, you will be good for five items.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
I knew it was getting lowered, but didn't know when. Now this makes things slightly more confusing.
As long as TRSI continues to mark stuff @ $5, you'll be good for four items per shipment atm.

You can see the exchange rate that HMRC will be using for the next month on this page:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... CodesTools

If that ever slips up to $1.67 again, you will be good for five items.
Thank yous.

And even if I do get hit with customs, I doubt the amount would put it too much over UP's price.

Back