The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

You become ConviNced, do you?

I need to email SS after the football. I keep putting it off but it's obvious my orders aren't going to turn up now...

The DtB spines are annoying. The middle one doesn't match with the other two, leaving the middle of the mask too high. Manga are dumb.

MPD Psycho 1 arrived today. It's supposed to be 180 pages but, God, is it thin... it's as thin as volume 8 of Rozen Maiden!

Drifting Classroom 3 arrived, too. It's nice getting manga sealed. When volume 2 arrives, I'll order 4-7 and hope for the best.

clipboard07u.jpg

180 pages will be too little to judge MPD with, and I've already read two chapters on the net. So, since volume two is also £5, I thought why not order the second volume?

Annoyingly, TBD have raised the prices of the other volumes. Since I've ended up ordering stuff after the discount code died, I should've ordered more previously...

As for Gantz, the anime has interested me too much for me not to order the first two volumes. With volume 3 costing £6+, it'll probably be awhile before I order that, and the first few volumes will allow me to see how the manga compares to the anime. (So far, all I know is the the manga has visible bush, and that was reason enough for me to part with my virtual money!)

The first two MPD volumes cost £5, the first two Gantz volumes cost £5.50. Gantz has 40 or so more pages - it works out in the end.

The plus point (of both series) is that, at the moment, under ten volumes have been released. This means, if I get serious about collecting them, it won't be too hard to catch up. Dark Horse aren't exactly fast at releasing ****, either...

clipboard08.jpg

TBD have raised their prices by around 30p per volume since my first order. ****s. After I order ****, they usually lower their prices... but now that I want to order the complete, eleven volume collection all their prices take a trip up north? The hell!?

I've already read 2.5 volumes on the net, meaning I'll have very little new to read when volume 2 turns up. So, I figured it'd be a good idea to get my next order in early. (It's similar to my MPD situation.)

Bleach Volume 23.

I am still waiting for a few SS packages myself as they put out too many good codes over the Crimbo period I won't be surprised if something goes astray.

i bought Volume 1 of Bamboo Blade today :)

the funny thing was that i bought Dante's Inferno as well and the lady at the till said "you have rather strange taste don't you?" and i said "i like to be varied", she replied "well you can't get any further apart than that!" :lol:

Ordered Rin ~ Daughter of Mnemosyne. Though I wasn't blown away by the first episode, I did enjoy the dark tone and the violence and the lesbian sex, and I'm eager to listen to the dub. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
FLCL complete collection
Gungrave complete collection
Haibane Renmei complete collection
Paranoia Agent complete collection
Serial Experiments Lain complete collection
Kaleido Star Seasons 1-2 Collection
You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 2

Fate/Stay Night Volume 1, I spotted it in HMV and just couldn't bring myself to leave without buying it for some reason, regardless of the price.

Pre-ordered Beast Master 2 & Bakuman 1.

Ordered Yotsuba 2-3 & Drifting Classroom 6-9

Thanks to someone ordering Drifting Classroom (/Yuvie?) at a faster pace than me, just when I got into it, v. 10 has gone OOS and, like I mentioned before, all the prices went up slightly. -_-

Hopefully people start working and my **** starts getting sent today. I'm still waiting to finish Gantz. :/

I got all the Zombie Powder books recently, and for quite cheap. I'm going to read through them soon I think.
I also got Hunter x hunter 1-3

He is my Master Complete Collection
Moribito Volume 6
Blade Of The Immortal Volume 2

And it looks like the post is catching up some of my second spin orders posted on the 1st of December finally turned up.
Genocyber
IRIA
Gilgamesh Volumes 1-7 and Art Box (bashed in post, but it was cheap so who cares)

Lucky you: still nothing for me. One Wherehouse package gone (and refunded), two SS packages gone (have to wait another two weeks).

Baccano better ******* well make it. It's one of the few possible remaining 10/10 animay I can watch.

Not so lucky that was only 2 packages out of about 10 sent from SS in December. Hopefully the other 2 or 3 sent on the same day will show up.

I fear you'll struggle to convince SS you've had eight parcels go missing. They want an extra two weeks waiting time with me, and it's been over a month already for two low value packages.

Unlucky, though - ordering that many right when SS/customs/someone ****** up.

I was going to give them extra time anyway because of Crimbo. Only one package will be over the customs limit. So each one is not too expensive but they do add up. The ones posted closer to Crimbo I would not expect to see until mid January anyway.

After my bid of £11.07 failed to win me second-hand copies of volumes 1-3 of Gantz on eBay, I went back to doing what I planned originally: paying full price for new instead of two-thirds for used.

Because of me having issues getting my **** sent of late, I pulled out my second CC to test if my normal CC is the cause of no-one sending me anything. I hope they're sent sometime this year!

Back