The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

BAKA said:
pickup27.jpg

So glad this arrived before Christmas! It is almost certainly the last DVD to arrive until New Year. Unless I see something in the sales :wink:

From HMV? Mine's not even been sent out yet! :(

Merry christmas!

The anime santa brought me were:

Dragonball z season 7

Dragonball z season 8

and Dragonball z season 9

Now i have every single episode of Dragonball Z

*dances*

clipboard01ue.jpg

Money or no money, I'm going to collect Drifting Classroom 'cause A) it's a rarity; manga horror and B) it's bloody good.

Volume one arrived sealed. If the rest do also, I'll be well chuffed.

clipboard01zr.jpg

I read the first two chapters of MPD a few weeks back. It was decent. I'll judge if I should start collecting it based on the full first volume.

Beast Master is highly rated, two volumes long and cheap. Worth a look, methinks.

I quite enjoyed Azumanga (anime), so getting the entire manga for £12 isn't a bad deal. I'm sure it'll entertain.

I'm pretty sure Yotsuba won't be my cup of tea, but thee's only one way to find out...

Lovely Complex is quite good; I know that because I've watched some of the anime. The first volume cost under £4, so...

clipboard011.jpg

More cheap Shoujo.

Aishi Baby is supposed to be very good, it's only seven volumes long and wouldn't cost £7 per volume to collect.

Honey & Clover's anime is supposed to be one of the best in existence, and its first manga volume cost under £4.

We Were There is something I've intended to check out for awhile now.

clipboard0111.jpg

I intended to get 7-8 together after xmas... but Yuvie obviously ordered before me, and OOP volume eight and has joined OOP volume nine - it now also being OOS. Cheers, Yuvie!

Grabbed Hell Girl, Mushishi and Spice & Wolf sets as they had been on my shopping list too long. Also grabbed the first volume of the Higurashi manga because I was bored. It was ok; too identical to the anime for me to feel like collecting the rest.

R

Yesterday I ordered Gantz 6-7 (to complete my set) along with Love Hina Again (also to complete my set) from Play. Whenever I give animay another go, Gantz will be highest on my list... well, Tokko will probably be first 'cause it's a Fujisawa adaptation.

I also pre-ordered Kimi ni 3-4 from Amazon. The first two were £4.37 each, the second two £5.24 each. It evens itself out.
I would've also pre-ordered some Kurokami volumes if not for Amazon asking for £6.20 and TBD not allowing cancellations to be done manually.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Baccano has shipped from Wherehouse. That makes four SS/WH packages I have in the post. Eep.

At this point, they're a lost cause. I'm going to email SS tomorrow.

My Baccano order was shipped, too, but I'm not worried since xmas is over and my other pre-order made it. It should make it through customs a lot faster than the standard box packages; the smaller packaging allowing for it to just go straight through.

BAKA said:
pickup27.jpg

So glad this arrived before Christmas! It is almost certainly the last DVD to arrive until New Year. Unless I see something in the sales :wink:
Is it just me, or are the numbers that represent volumes 5 & 6 missing from the front cover?

Aion said:
At this point, they're a lost cause.
With every passing day I become more conviNced that you're right. I'm just amazed at how many parcels have suddenly gone AWOL.

Darker Than Black: the volume numbers are indeed missing from the front cover. That must be the tradeoff for not ballsing up the spine.

I ordered the second volume of Akira. I had planned to wait for Kodansha's re-releases (thinking I'd have less chance of receiving damaged books) but it's just not possible. Apparently they're exactly the same as Dark Horse's existing versions in terms of content and design anyway.

Back