The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Dracos said:
Finally after having to be re-sent because some sticky fingered baggage handler probably had the first package.

I wonder if some of my items have got the same treatment. I'm still waiting for One Piece; it was sent early May and now it's late June. The longest time a parcel has taken to arrive is 6 weeks though, so hopefully it should be some time soon.

Anyway, as for my Japanese imports - which I will post good quality pictures of at some point, I received:

Paprika LE boxset (2 discs (not opened the cases yet so could be double+ packed) and a huge inch+ thick storyboard book)

Tokyo Godfathers LE boxset (has English subtitles) (same as Paprika)

Gin-iro no kami no agito (Agito's Silver Hair/Origin) LE boxset (came with some clover seeds + soil in a little tin!) (and it's got 3 discs, compared to the R1 special edition release had 2 discs, so I wonder what's on the third, AND I'm SO going to watch this movie with no subs, already seen it a couple of times, and no doubt the quality will be fantastic compared to Funimations disgusting hack-job video quality)

Fullmetal Alchemist movie LE boxset (has English subtitles - and is much more substantial than Funimations efforts (although Funimations effort for the LE movie release was top notch for an American release))

Rahxephon CD box (all 3 soundtracks + movie soundtrack) (the artwork on the front is phenomenal - Reika looks nothing like her anime-look in a good way, and Quon looks fabulous - they both look real O_O)

Appleseed LE boxset (storyboard book, art book and I think 3 discs)

Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack first pressing (2 discs in DVD sized super-jewel case w/ metallic booklet) (this was quite a surprise, the first pressing being so different from a regular pressing, very very happy with it, the sound is just phenomenal as well)

Tales of Earthsea special edition (English subtitles) (4 discs inside a regular case + a small booklet - I've noticed that Ghibli releases are barebones except for the discs)

Probably already mentioned getting the Brave Story LE boxset about a month back.

Also, Evangelion Rebuild 1.01 movie LE + Kaiba 1 LE boxset are on the way when Kaiba is released on the 25th!

I preordered the four Soul Eater first pressings for the goodies, as well. And the second Bleach movie LE (need to find the first somehow),Grave of the Fireflies HD remaster first pressing (I should wait for the Blu-ray, but I wanted to see it again remastered), and Aya Hirano's first album - Riot Girl, first pressing.

Thinking of ordering 5cm per second LE boxset (can't find in usual places, very hard to get), Tekkonkinkreet LE boxset, Girl Who Leapt Through Time LE boxset (both of these are available, just need to get around to ordering them), and Appleseed Ex Machina premium edition boxset (though it has a useless HD-DVD as an extra), likewise with Vexille. And hopefully Sky Crawlers will contain English subtitles whenever it arrives. All of Kokia's albums + works. Lots more to mention, but that's everything off-hand.

TV series are too expensive to get an entire series at the moment, Kaiba and Soul Eater are exceptions.

melonpan said:
TV series are too expensive to get an entire series at the moment, Kaiba and Soul Eater are exceptions.
Don't be ashamed of not splashing out.

You just posted more than what I could afford to purchase in two years, or maybe even more years. ****, Mayn, You better take some nice pictures in which will make me die a little inside.

Lupus Inu said:
Is that why anime is so ******* expensive in Japan, you get like 20 discs for one movie?

The Paprika/Tokyo Godfathers/Appleseed boxes are around the same size as a 5-6 DVD case holding artbox. : O

In from Amazon thanks, in part, to a £50 gift voucher from my place of work :)

One Piece vol.16, 17 & 18 (manga gn)
Naruto 3:2 (anime dvd)

MONONOKE said:
The latest Shonen Jump and Neo which has a free dvd with the first two episodes of MAR

Huh? There is a new neo magazine? o.0

I went on their website after hearing this, I can't find anything about it.

Waiting for FMP novel 3 and Haruhi LE 4 to be finally sent from up1. I ordered Haruhi at the start of the month and they haven't done anything about it yet. I'm getting a little miffed with them. They have no excuse to hold the stuff back now anyway since novel 3 got released today.

CitizenGeek said:
I got Phoenix vol. 1 in the post today :] Osamu Tezuka's manga just makes me so happy. The book is much larger than I expected, too.

Oh good you started collecting Phoenix. :D I just ordered Dororo volume 2 so I'm full of beans. I also got volume 2 of Cat Eyed Boy, I think you'd really like this. Apart from the fact that Viz did an incredibly nice job on them, great covers, and they're nice and chunky at over 500 pages, the stories and art are rather engaging if somewhat disturbing lol. If you haven't picked up any Kazuo Umezu yet, this is a great place to start.

Trigunette said:
Oh good you started collecting Phoenix. :D I just ordered Dororo volume 2 so I'm full of beans. I also got volume 2 of Cat Eyed Boy, I think you'd really like this. Apart from the fact that Viz did an incredibly nice job on them, great covers, and they're nice and chunky at over 500 pages, the stories and art are rather engaging if somewhat disturbing lol. If you haven't picked up any Kazuo Umezu yet, this is a great place to start.

Yep, I've got the second vol. on order too; I'm very impressed with Viz's Phoenix release, to be honest! Dororo vol. 2 is out?!

I've heard a lot of good things about Kazuo Umezu, mainly from when I was reading Junji Ito's stuff! I'll be sure to check him out at some stage, but for the moment, Tezuka is my priority! :]

Manga:
Yurara

Anime:
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Season One Collection
The Gokusen The Complete Lesson
Kashimashi Girl Mets Girl Volume 2

I spent the morning listening to AnimeWorldOrder's Osamu Tezuka special, and so I had a great urge to buy the Astro Boy manga and that's exactly what I did. Vol. 1 was a little tricky to track down, and I think it'll be the same for vols. 2 and 3 but after that, it'll get much easier because all subsequent volumes are in stock at Play.com ^__^

Back