The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

McIcy said:
Actually I didn't know it was a bootlegged copy,

Yes of course, because you deliberately avoid checking. Listen just piss off with the pro-pirate arguments. Don't try and fake innocence. Most people who go bargain hunting online at least double check that what is advertised is a bootleg or not. There are a number of easy ways to do this. The simplest is of course to compare the price against DVD Pacific or the cheapest of the Oz sites.

If its cheaper, its automatically suspect. Perhaps you got a lucky deal or an advertised special offer or clearance sale or something, but usually if its much cheaper its a bootleg. You can't get legitimately cheap anime for prices below the US/AUS 'anime legends' box sets.

Most people would realise that its not possible for a legitimate DVD boxset to be released within days of the final episode of a TV series, yet you happily brag about it.

McIcy said:
Oh and on the buying note, my amp on ebay will end soon giving a nice influx of cash into my account allowing me to finally get a copy of Full Metal Panic

And none of it will go towards legitimate creators or license holders. Discussion of buying bootlegs is against the rules here. Its pretty clear from what you have said that you never buy legitimate anime.

Laughing Manji said:
McIcy said:
Actually I didn't know it was a bootlegged copy,

Yes of course, because you deliberately avoid checking. Listen just piss off with the pro-pirate arguments. Don't try and fake innocence. Most people who go bargain hunting online at least double check that what is advertised is a bootleg or not. There are a number of easy ways to do this. The simplest is of course to compare the price against DVD Pacific or the cheapest of the Oz sites.

If its cheaper, its automatically suspect. Perhaps you got a lucky deal or an advertised special offer or clearance sale or something, but usually if its much cheaper its a bootleg. You can't get legitimately cheap anime for prices below the US/AUS 'anime legends' box sets.

Most people would realise that its not possible for a legitimate DVD boxset to be released within days of the final episode of a TV series, yet you happily brag about it.

McIcy said:
Oh and on the buying note, my amp on ebay will end soon giving a nice influx of cash into my account allowing me to finally get a copy of Full Metal Panic

And none of it will go towards legitimate creators or license holders. Discussion of buying bootlegs is against the rules here. Its pretty clear from what you have said that you never buy legitimate anime.

Dude chill, nah don't think I'll bother with dvd pacific I'm happy buying my dvd's from dicscountanimedvd, as you say some might be pirated and I will once again say I had no idea til they arrived but as they are good quality I'm not gonna pay to send them back and demand what little I paid for them back.

In short your opinions are your opinions and I respect that, telling me to piss off was a little much though, I mean seriously there only dvd's. I mainly buy them from ebay like a lot of people on here I'm willing to bet and you are taking all this wayyyyyyyy to much to heart.

Laughing Manji said:
- Sorry I don't stay glued to the release dates.

Sorry for this all to go on in the latest purchases section and now lets resume the usual course of conversation

Today I preordered my manga (not a dvd) from Amazon(see not always bootlegs), I can't wait to get hold of Genshiken, just have to wait a month or so now.

McIcy said:
I mean seriously there only dvd's. I mainly buy them from ebay like a lot of people on here I'm willing to bet and you are taking all this wayyyyyyyy to much to heart.
They might only be DVD's but the hard fact is that you are funding criminal activities. Imagine how many they sell, who knows what they do with the money.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
McIcy said:
I mean seriously there only dvd's. I mainly buy them from ebay like a lot of people on here I'm willing to bet and you are taking all this wayyyyyyyy to much to heart.
They might only be DVD's but the hard fact is that you are funding criminal activities. Imagine how many they sell, who knows what they do with the money.

I will apologise again and in future check the release and make sure they are ligit.

Is Full Metal Panic (series 1) out to buy in boxset form seen them on ebay or is single disc only? (not being funny, I'm serious seen them and I loved FFMFMFMM or whatever series 3 was called)

I think you're both being a bit hard on Mcicy here. I mean, it's pretty obvious he didn't knowingly go out of his way to buy a bootleg, he made a mistake, plain and simple. I unknowingly made the same mistake many years ago, and I daresay many of our other forum users have too... believe it or not, these things do happen.

Anywho, back on topic, today I received volumes 1-3 of One Piece(manga).

Paranoia Agent said:
I think you're both being a bit hard on Mcicy here. I mean, it's pretty obvious he didn't knowingly go out of his way to buy a bootleg, he made a mistake, plain and simple. I unknowingly made the same mistake many years ago, and I daresay many of our other forum users have too... believe it or not, these things do happen.

Anywho, back on topic, today I received volumes 1-3 of One Piece(manga).

Cheers for that, and nice one on the One Piece purchase, can you do a review in the manga section when you've read them as I have been tempted on many occasions to start reading but with the size of the series I have always been a bit unsure whether to start collecting them or not

At the rate OP is being translated, it'll be impossible to complete, 43 volumes thus far and still going, and the series is 1/3 through. X_X

McIcy said:
Is Full Metal Panic (series 1) out to buy in boxset form seen them on ebay or is single disc only? (not being funny, I'm serious seen them and I loved FFMFMFMM or whatever series 3 was called)
There's a boxset in America which is a about £45. Singles only in this country but on advfilms.co.uk (the official licesor's site) they're doing them for £8.99 each at the moment. (7 disc series)

Box of Fumoffu out in America in December, again only sinlges here so far. The Second Raid hasn't even started to come out legally in English anywhere (1st volume out next month), so don't expect a box anytime soon...

Bootlegs aren't my thing at all to be honest, and I like watching dubbing anime from time to time as well so I've always gone down the straight and narrow when I can.

Ushio said:
McIcy said:
There's a boxset in America which is a about £45. Singles only in this country but on advfilms.co.uk (the official licesor's site) they're doing them for £8.99 each at the moment. (7 disc series)

Box of Fumoffu out in America in December, again only sinlges here so far. The Second Raid hasn't even started to come out legally in English anywhere (1st volume out next month), so don't expect a box anytime soon...

Bootlegs aren't my thing at all to be honest, and I like watching dubbing anime from time to time as well so I've always gone down the straight and narrow when I can.

Big thankyou for that I have found FMP at amazon.co.uk, the full boxset for £30 so I am now one happy bunny

Negima Vol 6 & 7, trying to stave off temptation of buying the Del Ray print version on import, and holding on for the Tanoshimi UK relases.

Got another figure to add to my small growing collection.
this time its a Simca 'Excellent Model' and it looks really cool. its still in its box, gotta find a place to display it.
since i am a 'Oh Great!' fan i had no hesitation in buying this.
here are some pictures of it i found on someone elses blog through a random search.
sorry about the large pictures. i couldn't find a better slightly large one. this was the best. (all the other were really tiny, lol)

With Hat
mySimca01.jpg

Without Hat
mySimca02.jpg

I ordered the second set of Naruto DVDs this week but I'm still dithering over whether to order Gundam Wing or Eureka 7

Beyblade vol 9 and Pokemon Heroes arrived over the past two days but Play should be sending me something more sublime in the next day or so.

Getting some great new things from Otaku:

Betterman Anime Legends boxset
Kodocha volume 9
Spiral thinpak boxset
Yu Yu Hakusho "Second Wind" boxset - eps 15-28 -

I'm going to try out the dub of Spiral and have wanted to see Betterman for some time now and at least with the Anime Legends boxsets, you can't go wrong on the prices ^__^

Back