The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered from Sentai:

Assassins Pride - Complete Series (LE Blu-ray Steelbook)
Mitsuboshi Colors - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Princess Tutu - Complete Series (LE Blu-ray Steelbook)
Tada Never Falls in Love - Complete Series (Premium Edition Blu-ray Box Set)
Takunomi - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

From Crunchyroll:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 - Season 1 Collector's Edition

I also ordered my fourth 18+ figure at a fairly decent price, and won't have to wait 2 years for the pre-order to ship - I should receive this in-stock figure by the end of this week:

Daiki Kougyou Shuria-chan illustration by JackDempa 1/7 Figure

From Crunchyroll:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 - Season 1 Collector's Edition

I also ordered my fourth 18+ figure at a fairly decent price, and won't have to wait 2 years for the pre-order to ship - I should receive this in-stock figure by the end of this week:

Daiki Kougyou Shuria-chan illustration by JackDempa 1/7 Figure

I read that GITS has been postponed until August with no reason given.

I'm just PRAYING it's because due to numerous complaints from fans about lack of the English version, they've decided to go ahead and include it.

I'm just PRAYING it's because due to numerous complaints from fans about lack of the English version, they've decided to go ahead and include it.

Yeah, it's delayed until August 23 over here in the US. I would have waited until the beginning of August to order it if I had noticed that change ahead of time, so the expenditure would have gone towards anime expenses for August on my anime purchases spreadsheet. Oh well, I don't actually get charged for it until it ships anyway, so it's just a clerical thing, mainly.

A dub for it is of no concern to me personally, as I am a sub-only viewer - buuut, I suppose a delay for an addition of a dub on the release for other fans would be acceptable to me... ;) I think the delay timeframe is too short for this, though.

I highly doubt it's being delayed to include the eng dub (although, I would love to be wrong on this) as Netflix are asking for too much money to justify it's inclusion.

Ordered from Ebay:

Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
Summoned To Another World For A Second Time - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Shouldn't it be up to Production IG, the license holder, whether it gets included or not?

Unfortunately not, as Netflix created the dub themselves, so they own the rights to it.

Ordered from Ebay:

Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
Summoned To Another World For A Second Time - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Unfortunately not, as Netflix created the dub themselves, so they own the rights to it.

So instead of ensuring the dub gets included on the Blu-ray because of how much love the dub gets for these productions, they want so much money for it or else it doesn't happen?

Last edited:
They really need to stop giving Netflix these production licenses. If they were purely airing it, there'd be no problem. Plus, since how much people love the dub, more people would buy it therefore they'd easily make the money back.

Also, arrived today:

- Strike Witches the Movie

Bought today from JB:

- Aharen-san

Netflix's corporate's stance is basically anti-physical-media now, they want nothing to do with Blu-ray releases, and only want their produtions as streaming only. SO much different than when Netflix was a physical media rental business, not much more than 10 years ago. So they only allow their dubs to be used if they can make a big cash grab for it. They should be considered nothing but an evil entity to all physical media fans.

Netflix's corporate's stance is basically anti-physical-media now, they want nothing to do with Blu-ray releases, and only want their produtions as streaming only. SO much different than when Netflix was a physical media rental business, not much more than 10 years ago. So they only allow their dubs to be used if they can make a big cash grab for it. They should be considered nothing but an evil entity to all physical media fans.

That's why I despise shows being on that service; nothing gets released on disc. Physical media, you own the movie/TV show to keep forever.

Back