The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

serial experiments Lain and haibane renmie. one that's plainly a classic and the other what I've seen of it ooh boy is it an incredibly niche one, could hardly find any viable purchase of Haibane renmie until just now, and even then it's only on DVD. I have seen both in my patch & parrot days but that also means it's been a long time since I've seen either
A couple great pickups right there. You’ve reminded me I need to get my grubby mitts on both. They’re great shows.

91uaeUSGkhL._SL1500_.jpg

No Game No Life Zero (Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD)
It's been a long while since I last ordered anything from the US in terms of anime, but given the recent news from Sentai Filmworks that the film's limited edition set is now on low stock status I decided to play-it-safe and order it! Now you may be wondering where I ordered it, well the thing is that literally every retailer costs the exact same however thanks to Deep Discount's $5 coupon for one-day only sale (FLASH525) I managed to get the set for £33.17 via PayPal. This does include their postage and recent VAT addition that they had to implement. Regardless the coupon makes DD cheaper to acquire the film compared to Amazon US and United Publications (both average around £38-40).

Funny that nobody actually looks at ImportCDs which is in the same branch as DeepDiscount, for the moment they have No Game No Life Zero LE for $28,49 (compared to $34,44 at DD)

Have ImportCDs on several occassions before and packaging and speed is pretty much the same as DeepDiscount.
Deep discount had a $5 off code yesterday. To the UK (tax and shipping) it was $42.50, importcds was $42.58. I went with DD because 8 cents is 8 cents :)

I didn't do the whole order process as i already have No Game No Life Zero on order, just was saying that ImportCDs is also an option if you want to check for prices.

Their shipment is indeed higher after checking $6,99 compared to $5,98 at DeepDiscount to the UK.

I didn't do the whole order process as i already have No Game No Life Zero on order, just was saying that ImportCDs is also an option if you want to check for prices.

Their shipment is indeed higher after checking $6,99 compared to $5,98 at DeepDiscount to the UK.

Do ImportCD's swerve getting caught by the VAT man?

Back