The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

So I'm actually buying anime again. In the last couple of days I've ordered:

Bakemonogatari Parts 1&2 BD (to see what the hype is about and why it seems to have about 37 seasons)
Noein Collector's Edition BD (upgrade from my Manga DVDs)
Jormungand Complete First Season BD (wanted to try this for a long time)

So I'm actually buying anime again. In the last couple of days I've ordered:

Bakemonogatari Parts 1&2 BD (to see what the hype is about and why it seems to have about 37 seasons)
Noein Collector's Edition BD (upgrade from my Manga DVDs)
Jormungand Complete First Season BD (wanted to try this for a long time)

It only has 4 seasons and some OVAs.

Air Gear, Volumes 20 - 21

Been several years in the making getting these, I have been picking up random volumes that were on special offer or I've picked up what I've been able to find in store (Air Gear is pretty rare in-store) on the off chance but 19-21 have always eluded me, did pickup 19 earlier in the year and now I have decided to grab the two I needed along with a Christmas present for someone. Will just need the two newest volumes then to get up to date (which I'll pick up probably when the next volume afterwards comes out, then it will be just two more before the series wraps up!)

Stuck in a TRSI order for:

A Certain Magical Index S2
Kabukimonogatari (AoA)
Kizumonogatari Part 1 (AoA)

I've been slacking in the AoA Monogatari collecting of recent, so I ordered this. However, since Kizu releases after Christmas, I won't have to pay until after the Holiday period, after I get some Christmas money.

Grav returns with another Aniplex pickup.

P2sJLTr.jpg

guvmTE9.jpg

Nisekoi: False Love - Volume 3 [Blu-ray]
Nisekoi: False Love - Volume 4 [Blu-ray]

I went ahead and ordered the last two volumes from Season 1. I was surprised that they ended up on sale for the Rightstuf Xmas season but I know it's not the best price around, it's at least better than what it originally was. Basically instead of paying $49.98 x 2, I paid $39.98 x 2 plus the $12.73 shipping which at the current rate costs me about £75. I paid £48 for the first two volumes since a fellow AUKN member sold them, so overall it's not too bad.

With Nisekoi Season 1 done there is the second season to acquire but there's plenty of time to acquire those ones. The next priority is still Monogatari Second Season with Onimonogatari, Koimonogatari and Hanamonogatari.

Preordered from UP1UK:
Attack on Titan Junior High LE courtesy of Funimation
Wolf Children Mamoru Hosoda Collection CE courtesy of Funimation

I actually really enjoyed AoT Junior High so glad it's getting an LE release. With regards to Wolf Children though, I haven't actually seen it... Now I have no excuse :)

It's been a while since I posted here, so these span the past couple of months:

Summer Wars
Digimon Adventure 01
Battle Royale (Live-action film CE)
Kill la Kill, Parts 1-3 (Standard Edition BD)
Space Dandy, Season 1 & 2 (Standard Edition BD)
Gurren Lagann: The Movie - -Childhood's End-, - The Lights in the Sky are Stars- & Parallel Works (Standard Edition BD)
Aldnoah.Zero (Collector's Edition BD)
Expelled from Paradise (Collector's Edition)
Fuse: Memoirs of the Hunter Girl (Collector's Edition)
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Collector's Edition BD)
HAL (Collector's Edition)
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy® XV (Steelbook BD, includes Brotherhood: Final Fantasy® XV Extended Cut)

Manga:
Batman: The Jiro Kurtwa Batmanga, Vol. 1-3
Knights of Sidonia, Vol. 5-16

Light Novels:
Occultic;Nine, Vol. 1
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Vol. 1

Picked up Forget Me Not 5, What Did You Eat Yesterday 11, Missions of Love 13, Complex Age 3, Lisolette and the Witch's Forest 2 and Pandora Hearts 24 at Forbidden Planet earlier.

The holidays are coming, which can only mean one thing...Kodansha's Manga Vacation Sales have returned, and of course I've been picking up some stuff, you wouldn't have expected anything different now would you?!

I picked up quite a few things already from previous sales but I decided to get a few things...

Fuuka, Volume 1
My Wife is Wagatsuma-san, Volume 1
Pumpkin Scissors, Volume 1
Suzuka, Volume 1

Probably not the last Manga Sale purchases I will be making this year! (*he says looking at the pile of 50% off BookWalker Coupons mounting up!*)

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get codes like that? Do BW just email you them? That's a significant discount, not the kind I thought they'd give out a lot.

It's the Winter Holiday Campaign that they have been having. It's basically a lottery where you spin the wheel once a day and win mystery coupons up to 50% Off! (Valid up to 5000 JPY spend)

So far I've nabbed 50% offs 6/7 days it's been running with another 40% off one to use too. All the codes expire on December 31st, 2016 so I really need to decide on how I plan on using them.

Just pre-ordered the following from UP1USA. The prices are pretty steep thanks to the tanking pound, could be worse by the time they actually come out but I just have to have these as soon as they are released.

Steins;Gate The Movie Lord Region of Deja Vu [BD+DVD Funimation] ~ A nice encore to the original storyline, not exactly must viewing but enjoyable nevertheless. I have the LE import but the Steins;Gate dub was fantastic so this is a must purchase.

Scrapped Princess Complete Series [BD+DVD Funimation] ~ One of the earliest series I ever watched, this Bones series is a really solid and somewhat underrated series from the early 00's. It does a great job of blending Sci-Fi and Fantasy together to weave a pretty interesting story with likable characters. I seem to recall the JPN BD upscale was solid (expected of a Bones series) so I'm hopeful Funimation don't mess it up. If Anime Limited decide to release this series in a CE I would totally cancel this but for now I look forward to the Funi release.

29047391272_ANI8005_Zeta_Part_1_Packshot_with_Ltd_Box_1024x1024_PO_1024x1024.jpg

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Part 1 1000 Print Box Edition [Blu-ray]

Thanks to the Boxing Day 25% off code, I have placed an order for Zeta Gundam for £33.75 which I believe is the cheapest you can get for the set. There's of course the French version but I'll stick with the UK set.

I actually don't have any funds (not until Friday) but I told my parents ahead of schedule, they said they're fine with lending me the money to pay this set off.

Started spending some Christmas money. Ordered these from Zavvi:
  • Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works-Part 2 (BD, MVM)
  • Blue Exorcist Complete Collection (BD, Manga)
  • Bleach Series 16 Part 2 (DVD, Kaze)
I also ordered the full Hannibal BD set, but that's not anime :p

Used the discount code at the All the Anime store to get these:

Lord Marksman and Vanadis CE
Miss Hokusai UE
Yona of the Dawn part 2

Just like Grav I don't have any money right now, so I borrowed some from my family. But by doing so I'm effectively skint until February :(

Same as Grav, went and ordered Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Part 1 Blu-ray set from AL's website, making use of their 25% off boxing day deal. I have therefore cancelled my order with Amazon UK.

Last edited:
From AL's webstore:
-Samurai Flamenco part 2
-Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam part 1
-Yona of the Dawn part 2
-Gundam Reconguista in G

If anyone is interested in selling Mobile Suit Gundam with the limited art box, let me know :)

Back