The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Yakumo said:
I got the sleeves from my local brick and mortar comic book store. No internet involved.

Are they actually manga sleeves, or comic book sleeves because Sora Takeuchi has been looking to get some Manga ones for a while afaik. In fact I'm wondering if Manga sleeves even exist, given that volume size can vary quite a bit.

Rosencrantz said:
Yakumo said:
I got the sleeves from my local brick and mortar comic book store. No internet involved.

Are they actually manga sleeves, or comic book sleeves because Sora Takeuchi has been looking to get some Manga ones for a while afaik. In fact I'm wondering if Manga sleeves even exist, given that volume size can vary quite a bit.

Not particularly. If you ignore thickness, the vast majority of manga are in one of just three or four sizes (or, as per young king comics, so close to one of these three that any book sleeve designed for one would fit the other fine). With English translations this is then complicated slightly by the fact that yen press, kodansha and viz all upscale the manga slightly, whereas seven seas and dark horse don't, but there's still just a few basic sizes.

Of course, thickness then complcates things - a manga with 120 pages is obvioiusly going to be thinner than one with 210, although these things are usually designed with that in mind. And then there are omnibus editions, which don't usually exist in Japan at all.

Just ordered: Bunny Drop Volume 4-5

Was thinking of starting Nisekoi, but decided to finish off series I've already started before starting any that are already a few volumes in.

It's cheap while it lasts.

Ordered from Rightstuf:
Heroic Age - Complete Series (Blu-ray) ~ Note: This is NOT the S.A.V.E. edition, it's the original complete series set similarly to Claymore, Full Metal Panic! & Shigurui: Death Frenzy

$19.99 is a good deal (cheaper than S.A.V.E. in fact) and I heard very good things about this series, plus I didn't want to put up with the S.A.V.E. banner on my shelf (the S.A.V.E. edition doesn't have a reversible cover). There was about 8 left in stock so I bought it now than never.

Ordered three UK BDs from UP1 for a change. Got both seasons of Jormungand since the show seems to be getting positive reactions from people on here, and I've also ordered the UK Psycho Pass BD since it may well be better than the US one.

Ordered from All the Anime Shop:
HAL - Film: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

I knew it would be £24.99 so I'm happy with the pricing (just beats Amazon).

My guesses for the others are:
Blood Lad: Complete Collection [BD] - £29.99
HAL [BD/DVD] - £24.99
Kill la Kill: Part 1 [BD] - £35.99
Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise [BD/DVD] - £24.99
Space Dandy: Season 1 [BD] - £35.99

Got HAL right, hoping the others are correct.

Hmm, i think you're gonna be a bit off with those prices. £25 is a given with all the films imo, and I'm expecting £35 for Blood Lad (£49.99 RRP) and £40/£45 for KlK and Space Dandy (£59.99 and £69.99 RRP respectively).

Already pre-ordered everything through amazon, however, if the prices are lower i'll be more than happy to order through the All The Anime shop :)

britguy said:
Hmm, i think you're gonna be a bit off with those prices. £25 is a given with all the films imo, and I'm expecting £35 for Blood Lad (£49.99 RRP) and £45 for KlK and Space Dandy (£69.99 RRP).

Already ordered all three through amazon, however, if the prices are lower i'll be more than happy to order through the All The Anime shop :)

Dandy is £70 SRP? Blimey, must be the booklet they're adding onto the set. New prediction for that one, £41.99-£42.99.

The reason why I have KLK £35.99 was because the prices in the store were chopped down by 40%. Gurren Lagann was like that and so was Cowboy Bebop. The films were nearly 40% (about 38-39%) so it made sense to set it at that price.

A new CEX opened near me and my sister has been looking at some of the DVD's of Chrono Crusade in there for a while. So the other day I went in and bought them. I got volumes 3,5,6 and 7 for just over £10. So I went on Amazon just there and bought 1,2 and 4. I'm going to put them away for her Christmas. I hope she'll be happy ^_^

I also bought the second Sword Art Online novel.

Christmas shopping already! I'm not sure I'm ready to think about December yet :)

I preordered the following (I guess I can pretend they're Christmas presents for myself):

Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors (BD)
Diabolik Lovers (DVD)
Gargantia (BD)
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna (BD)
Hellsing Ultimate IX & X (BD)
One Piece Film Z (BD)
One Piece season 6 part 1 (DVD)

I feel jealous of the complete collections coming out for One Piece but I may as well continue with the voyage sets for now...

R

Rui said:
I feel jealous of the complete collections coming out for One Piece but I may as well continue with the voyage sets for now...

R

I should probably start collecting the One Piece Collections, I don't want to miss a slipcover with the first set like I did with Fairy Tail (sigh).

Rui said:
Christmas shopping already! I'm not sure I'm ready to think about December yet

:lol: More just because I thought 'when am I going to see these again?'. It was a rare occasion she wasn't with me (we're like joint at the hip) so I thought I'd take full advantage. No one else is getting anything until at least the middle of December most likely!

DragonBall Z Kai Part 2 BD- £7.99 just (Part 1 & 3 and I'll have the entire Yamamoto (sp) score, don't think I'll pick up any more Kai after them, unless I find a real good deal).
Ghost Hunt Part 1- £2.84 or somewhere around there.

NormanicGrav said:
Rui said:

R

I should probably start collecting the One Piece Collections, I don't want to miss a slipcover with the first set like I did with Fairy Tail (sigh).
Oh wow that sucks, I really like the Fairy Tail slips that FUNi do.

Thanks for reminding me how much I regret not picking up Haganai Ltd set when I had the chance :cry: lol

Yeah the don't look too bad when you take all the slips off, my collection is totally inconsistent though, I have the fat pack collection 1&2 then Manga's Part 5 BD then FUNi part 6- now. And of course the thin movie pack.

Back