The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex
Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Ghost In The Shell 2.0/Ghost In The Shell - Innocence [Blu-ray]
Ghost in The Shell: SAC Solid State Society [Blu-ray]
One Piece Collection 7

I was thinking of blind buying Tsubasa, mainly cuz of the episode count for the price and the fact it's on BD too. Holding off for now, seeing how much money I make before Uni on 29th Spet.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
I was thinking of blind buying Tsubasa, mainly cuz of the episode count for the price and the fact it's on BD too. Holding off for now, seeing how much money I make before Uni on 29th Spet.

I've watched the first 30 odd episodes via fansub years back when it first aired. Was good fun and I loved the OST but the show got a bit repetitive. Gonna give it another go and stop around the time when the show diverges heavily from the Manga and then watch the OVAs.

What i'd give for Anime Limited to license xxxHolic and it's ova sequels (I prefer that show to Tsubasa)

britguy said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:

I've watched the first 30 odd episodes via fansub years back when it first aired. Was good fun and I loved the OST but the show got a bit repetitive. Gonna give it another go and stop around the time when the show diverges heavily from the Manga and then watch the OVAs.

What i'd give for Anime Limited to license xxxHolic and it's ova sequels (I prefer that show to Tsubasa)

So the OVA's are like FMA:Brotherhood? Also is it pretty noticeable when it diverges from the manga pages?

The OVAs for Tsubasa are adaptions of the Manga chapters. Tsubasa anime goes it's own route after a certain point (episode 42) and finishes with it's own storyline (much like the original Fullmetal alchemist series did) so the OVAs act as a continuation of the proper storyline, however even then readin the manga will be the only way to finish the *proper* story as the OVAs only cover a certain amount of chapters.

Ordered from United Publications (USA):
C Control: The Money and Soul of Possibility - Complete Collection: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Fractale - Complete Collection: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo

Rather than risking damage from Amazon's packaging, I decided to get these two from UP1 instead. These sets are still in stock across all retailers but I doubt they will last another few months. Fractale has been around since July 2012 and C Control has been around since October 2012. That's quite a long span for these two but of course they didn't sell well. I always wanted to check these two out so I'm glad I have the opportunity to pick them up now than later.

And with that, I think it's guaranteed these two will be DVD only when they hit the S.A.V.E. line.

UPDATE - And yeah, these sets will probably take 2 weeks at least.

I found the Tsubasa anime terrible compared to the manga. The pacing was glacial at best, and Sakura was made much wimpier. They basically sucked all the life out of the manga. The final straw for me was an entire episode dedicated to the rest of the characters talking about how wonderful Sakura's smile was. I dropped it after 5 episodes and rated it 3/10 on MAL. It's among the worst scores I've ever given. The best thing about it is the soundtracks, which I still listen to. The OVAs only cover certain arcs, so if you wanted the whole story, you would need to read the manga (which does become a massive trainwreck towards the end, I'll admit)

NormanicGrav said:
Ordered from United Publications (USA):
C Control: The Money and Soul of Possibility - Complete Collection: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Fractale - Complete Collection: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Ah C, the only LE I've ever sold. That show had so much potential yet ended up being such a waste. So many timeskips too, even skipping complete fights as soon as they start. It's hardly surprising that it's still readily available.
The only memorable thing I took from that show was the School Food Punishment song. I wish they'd get back together again ;_;

I went to Forbidden Planet and picked up:

No 6. 8
Say I Love You 3
Alice in the Country of Clover Knight's Knowledge 1
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne 3
Demon Love Spell 6
07-Ghost 11

Over the past weeks I purchased and pre-ordered from different retailers:

The Cat Returns [Blu-ray]
HAL - Collector's Edition [Blu-ray (?)]
Blood Lad - Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Angel Beats OST
Bunny Drop, volume 1
Bunny Drop, volume 2
The Limit, volume 3
The Limit, volume 4
Ringing Bell [DVD]
50 Manga sleeves

While I'm here let me also mention that my pre-orders for HAL and Blood Lad were made with absolutely no prior knowledge of either title: the infectuous enthusiasm of a certain anime distributor who genuinely believes in his products is to blame for that.

Yakumo said:
Over the past weeks I purchased and pre-ordered from different retailers:

The Cat Returns [Blu-ray]
HAL - Collector's Edition [Blu-ray (?)]
Blood Lad - Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Angel Beats OST
Bunny Drop, volume 1
Bunny Drop, volume 2
The Limit, volume 3
The Limit, volume 4
Ringing Bell [DVD]
50 Manga sleeves

While I'm here let me also mention that my pre-orders for HAL and Blood Lad were made with absolutely no prior knowledge of either title: the infectuous enthusiasm of a certain anime distributor who genuinely believes in his products is to blame for that.
Were did you buy the manga sleeves from been looking for them for a while.

Psycho-Pass (BD, Manga UK)
Another (BD, MVM)
Hal (BD, Funimation)
Shiki (BD, Funimation SAVE)
Dance in the Vampire Bund (BD, Funimation)
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (BD, Sentai)
Phantom-Requiem For The Phantom (BD, Funimation SAVE)
FLCL (BD, MVM)

Tokyo Zombie (DVD, Manga UK)
Masters of Horror season 1 disc 4 (BD, missing in my collection)

Back