The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Well given the franchise sold quite well in the UK on 3DS it's probably likely.
It did? Other than Boobs I don't understand why.
I played the game for the first time last week and was pretty underwhelmed. The framerate was god awful too which didn't help things either.

Yeah Burst is fairly average (I find it enjoyable but very repetitive) which is why I'm more excited for the Vita versions as they're said to be far superior (in addition there's online multiplayer).

@Rosencrantz, that avatar pic just gave me a scare for a moment. Priceless.

Right, had a chance to try the disc out, it works when my player is set to region B, so AB.

Thought it was time I chose an avatar, got tons saved that I've seen over the years but I thought I'd make one from a pic I took a few days ago rather than use someone elses :)

Rosencrantz said:
Right, had a chance to try the disc out, it works when my player is set to region B, so AB.

Thought it was time I chose an avatar, got tons saved that I've seen over the years but I thought I'd make one from a pic I took a few days ago rather than use someone elses :)

Brilliant, I suspected it would be AB. Thanks :thumb:

Yeah I barely change my avatar (the recent one was because it was quite funny to witness on Haikyuu!!)

I'm going rather off topic here so I'll discuss what's on topic. I'm planning out my pre-orders for Q4, so once everything is set I'll mention them here.

Rosencrantz said:
Oreimo Season 2 LE DvD (My S1 regular set looks a little out of place now compared to the size of this)
Could I see a comparison pic?

Also you have an avatar now, I will no longer be able to recognize your posts via the lack of one! XD

ilmaestro said:
Rosencrantz said:
Oreimo Season 2 LE DvD (My S1 regular set looks a little out of place now compared to the size of this)
Could I see a comparison pic?

Also you have an avatar now, I will no longer be able to recognize your posts via the lack of one! XD

It doesn't look weird on it's own, it's more that it's 2.5 DvD cases wide compared to the 1 dvd case wide standard edition (and the 1.5 dvd case wide S1 LE)

Code Breaker was pretty decent, I thought. Although it did lose it's way abit towards the end.

Anyway, From the Amazon US market place, bought DBZKai Part 4 on blu-ray for around £20. Was planning to buy Devil is a part timer. But CBA to wait on the restock and just buy Manga's one instead.

Kurz Weber said:
Yamada's First Time Dvd/Blu-ray Limited Edition Artbox (eBay UK Seller)
Nice, that set's been OOP since January (I managed to get the last one from All Your Music back then). Great series (imo).

NormanicGrav said:
Kurz Weber said:
Yamada's First Time Dvd/Blu-ray Limited Edition Artbox (eBay UK Seller)
Nice, that set's been OOP since January (I managed to get the last one from All Your Music back then). Great series (imo).
Ino I was lucky I randomly checked eBay's newly listed anime blu-rays before I went to bed an it was there £30 in 'Like New' condition. I've seen the series I bought the AU release a while back but would rather have the Artbox.

Ordered from United Publications USA:
Shakugan no Shana: Season 1 - S.A.V.E. Edition (technically Standard Edition without the DVD-sized slipcase but with a BD-sized S.A.V.E. slipcase) - Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

Funimation drives me up the wall with the dozen amount of adverts dedicated to the Shana franchise, so it's about time I watch the whole thing. Once I have Season 1 and verify it, I'll go ahead and get Season 2's original release before it goes out of print. Season 3 and the Movie/OVAs should be sticking around for a little while longer, and I'm not fussed if I don't get a slipcase for the Movie & OVA sets.

And yes I am not pleased with the treatment for Season 2's S.A.V.E. (one of the main reasons why I've gone towards the original sets).

Once the Shana series is acquired I'll go ahead and pickup C Control and Fractale before Funimation decides to pull a BS and re-release them DVD only (like Baka & Test which I thankfully manage to secure the Blu-ray versions for, and Princess Jellyfish which I failed to pick up).

And of course, once Funimation unveils the November line up I'll go ahead and pre-order all the items I have planned for the Q4 season.

@Grav

What's up with their treatment of the 2nd series, SHana is one I've been deliberating for a while, so the SAVE route for seasons 1 is what I'm thinking about but clearly if season 2 has issues I'll avoid them.

britguy said:
@Grav

What's up with their treatment of the 2nd series, SHana is one I've been deliberating for a while, so the SAVE route for seasons 1 is what I'm thinking about but clearly if season 2 has issues I'll avoid them.

Nothing major, it's just packaging wise. Unlike Season 1, Season 2 is like Shiki where it's a fat case with a reversible cover that has nothing on the spine. I'm rather picky with these things (Classic Line I'm perfectly fine with because I like them for some reason).

From Amazon JP:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Special Edition Blu-ray BOX
Bravery Default Soundtrack

Finally got around to ordering these two. I've had the SAC 2nd GIG box since the start of this year, and it's finally time for the first to join it.

Mangaranga said:
From Amazon JP:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Special Edition Blu-ray BOX
Bravery Default Soundtrack

Finally got around to ordering these two. I've had the SAC 2nd GIG box since the start of this year, and it's finally time for the first to join it.
I was wondering why you haven't got Season 1 yet (heh).

NormanicGrav said:
I was wondering why you haven't got Season 1 yet (heh).
If you want the honest reason, it's because I downloaded and watched a BDrip of most of season 1 before falling in love with it.
There was no point in buying the first season then since I was pretty much done with it, so I bought the 2nd GIG BOX with the intention of going back to buy the first later on. The full season BD Boxes also go OOP next month, so between that and having urges to watch SAC again it's the ideal time to finally pick it up.

Back