The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Miaka-chan said:
Also, these days, I don't have the advantage of even having a debit card, let alone a credit card and UP1 take postal orders and cheques :D (and to be honest with you, to me, it's worth the extra couple of quid for that personal, friendly service I get when I phone them up and place my order).
I was just wondering, when you order by phone do you get your order shipped straight to you, or do they wait until they get your payment by post before they send you your order?

Also, i really enjoyed reading the first volume of I.N.V.U (i only got how that titles ment to be said when my sister pointed it out, how stupid), and i think i'm going to have to get the next volume now :)

Well a fair few dvds came in the post today (mix of UK and US)

US - from DVDPacific
The Best of Tokyo Pig
R.O.D the TV volume 7 (+collectors box/Anita figure)

UK - from play.com
Cowboy Bebop Volume 5
Trigun Volume 3:Wolfwood
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Volume 4

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
Also, these days, I don't have the advantage of even having a debit card, let alone a credit card and UP1 take postal orders and cheques :D (and to be honest with you, to me, it's worth the extra couple of quid for that personal, friendly service I get when I phone them up and place my order).
I was just wondering, when you order by phone do you get your order shipped straight to you, or do they wait until they get your payment by post before they send you your order?
They wait til they get your payment. If you send postal orders and the stuff is in stock, they usually ship within 24 hours. For instance my last payment arrived Monday and I got my first package Tuesday!

Miaka-chan said:
IanC said:
Never had a customs fee like that, you must be ordering too much in one go. Plus why does everyone keep going on about 2-4 weeks wait??? Must ive waited is 2 weeks, never more than that.
You're lucky then! I can't see the point in ordering one or two DVDs and customs is charged on how much postage you've paid, as well as the value of the goods and I don't like handing my money over to the VAT man :lol:

OK, so maybe 4 weeks is a bit of an exaggeration in most cases, but in the past I've waited 7 weeks and even if UP1 don't have the stuff in stock, it takes no more than 2 weeks to get stuff from them, so I can't see the point of trusting people in the USA. Actually, that's the main reason I buy from UP1, after years (about 5) of bad experiences with Americans, I don't buy from America anymore.

i know what you mean, customs piss me off!
but then again i have found a way to get around it hehehe
this is what i do (if you use amazon.com)

if you are order an box set or art box, or something in a box! then no matter what you do u must use the most expensive shipping method, cos here is why. if u choos the cheapest then cos it is a big item, royal mail will not deliver, so they request u go and pik it up from their place... so when me mum went their she had to pay an extra £10!!!!!

but the good thing about the expensive one is that, the item gets to u in around 2-4 days (now thats super fast, ccomming all the way from america)
and all you do is pay something like£3 on the door customs.

and here is a tip for single DVD's (is u use amazon.com)

order it but using the cheapest method of delivery,
it may take longer but u save **** loads of cash. and considering the currency exchange rate from here to us its like £1 = 0.50 cents... almost.

so an $24 dvd, plus delivery will alltogether be like 15, al the way from america and straight through your letter box without customs, cos royal mail can deliver a small ass pakage.

hehe, im sure others here will know this but though i's let u guys know.

also miaka chan, i know u hate americans, but believe me the service and quality of amazon.com is super!
iv been shopping with the amazon thing for like 6 years!

Picked up in HMV today
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone complex Volume 4
Mobile Suit Gundam Movie 1
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Volume 1

Is it me, or is SEED vol 2 not out yet?

I got L/R Licensed by Royalty vol 1-4, El Hazard: The Wanderers boxset and Sukeban Deka OVA. Plus I finally got around to buying the OST to the Phantasy Star Online Eps I & II :D

Today i bought GITS Vol 4 from HMV in romford ,tried to located Cowboy Bebop Vol 5 and Gungrave Vol1 & 2 and had no luck . Looks like i'm going to
have to make a trip to london to get them.

Ordered Haibane Renmei volume 2 and the Haibane Renmei OST- they should be waiting for me when I go home after exams. And there's still the matter of certain titles that seem to have been delayed in the post, may be time to enquire at the post office...

Today I got the official region 1 versions of Fushigi Yuugi Suzaku and Seiryuu boxsets (I have finally upgraded - yay!), plus volumes 1-8 of Battle Athletes Victory. I paid £117 for £308 worth of DVDs!

This is why I love ebay! I know a lot of people here don't trust ebay, but there are plenty of trustworthy sellers and if you find one or two, stick with them!!

Got the rest of my Fruits Basket manga books yesterday :D
My volume 7 of Hana Yori Dango still hasn't arrived and I really want to see it. I have volumes 8, 9, 10 & 11, but no 7 :(

I have ordered Texhnolyze #1 and Madlax #2 (also to be sent to home), but the items ordered the other week remain resolutely missing...

I bought some One Piece anime DVDs :D No! don't ask what kind, as I'm sure you can all guess :wink:
I've also just paid for my new Blythe doll - Candy Carnival. She's so sweet and I just love the blue hair!

Back