The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

NormanicGrav said:
Mangaranga said:
It's £39.46 from Amazon.com including Prepaid customs and Shipping. May have saved you slightly in the long run, but you never know, you might not get hit. I go out of my way to avoid having to deal with customs as when I bought the Index movie from CDJapan, it ended up being another 20% in VAT as well as a Royal mail charge (£8 if I remember).

I do recall that single items can dodge the customs if they're lucky. I also remember reading somewhere about the 4 item rule when importing from Rightstuf or Amazon.

Anyway I checked and it looks like I'll only have to spend £8 on customs (isn't a problem since I've got enough).
Amazon.com/JP prepay Customs for you so they go straight through assuming you pick expedited or higher.
If you item does get stopped, depending on the amount declared on the package you may end up have to pay £8 + 20% of the declared price.

Mini spending spree :)

From Amazon UK
Steins;Gate part 2 UK BD

From Play.com
Spice & Wolf novels 6, 7 & 10

From UP1
Chaos;Head UK DVD
Code Geass season 2 UK BD
Spice & Wolf novel 8 - this is in the clearance section for some reason, only £2

From Amazon JP:
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Complete BD Box

I'm halfway through Season One at the moment so It seems kind of pointless to rush in and buy the first box right now. I'll probably get that one next month. Since the BD Boxes are Engdub only (and it is a good dub for the most part), I'll probably get the two compilation movies so that I can watch in Japanese w/subs if I ever feel like it. If those two movies are region AB I'll also probably import the US release of Solid State Society for some sort of consistency (and no bloody double play banner.)

Upon seeing the price of the Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition blu-ray set on Amazon, the person behind the Yakumo persona experienced a severe dizzy spell from which he promptly fainted. He did recover in time however to place his pre-order.

Pre-ordered on UP1 USA:
Eureka Seven: Part 1 - Limited Edition Blu-ray (varied to about £23.86 (Ex. P&P) which to me is rather cheap for 25-26 episodes out of 50)
Psycho-Pass: Season 1 - Premium Edition Blu-ray
Robotics;Notes: Part 1 - Limited Edition BD/DVD

I would pre-order Berserk Golden Age: The Advent but I'm going to wait til around the summer time.

Ordered from UP1 USA:
Bakemonogatari: Complete Series - Limited Edition Blu-ray
Shiki: Part 2 - BD/DVD

I found out the Shiki series is going OOP and while I only have Part 1, I probably should get Part 2 before that goes away.

Bake was planned and I was hoping it would be around for a little longer, instead it's got a counter from Rightstuf.

Ordered from Play UK:
Blood: The Last Vampire - Blu-ray

Anime:
Black Cat Complete Series w/Art Box MVM
Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.22 Blu Ray

Manga:
Welcome To The NHK Vol 1-3
Yu-Gi-Oh GX Vol 1-3 & 7 (UP1 had volume 7 in the clearance sale for £1)

Back