The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Just Passing Through said:
Got Penguindrum Blu-ray winging its way over here from Australia. S'only £50
For one part I'll assume? £50 for a crappy 1080i release?
I never regret my purchases (even expensive ones like AoA releases), but Penguindrum is an exception.
I sincerely regret paying every penny of the £40.64 I did for Part 1 of Penguindrum. I'll get the BD rips at some point so I can actually watch it.

Mangaranga said:
Just Passing Through said:
Got Penguindrum Blu-ray winging its way over here from Australia. S'only £50
For one part I'll assume? £50 for a crappy 1080i release?
I never regret my purchases (even expensive ones like AoA releases), but Penguindrum is an exception.
I sincerely regret paying every penny of the £40.64 I did for Part 1 of Penguindrum. I'll get the BD rips at some point so I can actually watch it.

No, Siren Visual haven't released it as a complete collection yet. Probably will next year though. I got them from Devoted DVD for about £23 each, with about £7 postage.

And it turns out that it's not a crappy 1080i release. It's a 'better than Sentai's crappy 1080i' 1080i release. Siren Visual apparently did a new encode of the show, upping the bitrate, and apparently dealing with Sentai's crappy video issues. The price was having the dub in Dolby Digital only, which I can live with as a sub fan. It's the hopefully fixed video, and the obvious fact that it's region B, that convinced me to plump for this. Oh, and decent subtitling! I'll actually find out what the show is about.

Then I'm going skeet shooting with those Khazi cow chips in DVD form. Bunch of incompetents!

aria the scarlet ammo
bakemongatari 1 and 2
horizon on the middle of nowhere
is this a zombie
kids on a slop
nightwalker
persona 4 part 3
stins gate part 1
tiger and bunny part 3
berserk movie 2
clannad
ef a tale of memoirs
ef a tale of melodies
inu X boku
naruto shippuden 3
penguin drum part 2
tiger and bunny part 4
bleach 11

brought these this week

Bought from HMV Peterborough:
Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance - Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD Combo
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - Standard Blu-ray

Just ordered No.6 Volumes 1 and 2 and Pandora Hearts Volume 17.

I always have the same problem with PH, it always seems to arrive later. Maybe the release date has changed (it's supposed to be today) since it seems to be dispatching later on Amazon. This is the first time I've not had a pre-order down for it so I don't know. Just decided to use the Book Depository since I hate waiting with each new volume. Hopefully they'll get it to me quicker.

Back