The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Yes, there is only Immortals (Chapters: Transmigration, Yakumo, Sacrifice & Straying) and Legend of the Divine Demon (Descent, The Key & The Return)

To Love Ru Darkness volumes 1-3 from Amazon.fr.
Geez, we call the French cowards and all that, but they get To Love Ru and To Love Ru Darkness. Thought this way was better than me importing from Japan and risking getting customs on me xD. Including postage, only £20.69. About the same price as buying 3 English manga volumes from Amazon.co.uk.

Mangaranga said:
How often do you tend to get hit with customs from Rightstuf? Does the amount vary depending on who delivers the items?

Lately, all the time. Which is why whenever I order I make provision for around 15% for VAT and Duty.

Today I received my annual bonus, of which a portion was allocated as follows:

Rightstuf

Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)
Night Raid 1931 (Blu-ray)
Waiting in the Summer
Towanoquon (Blu-ray)
The Professional: Golgo 13
AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day: Premium Edition (Blu-ray)
A Got Anime? membership
Kare Kano GN 12-14

And because I was feeling lucky, a $25 Blind Box Item

Amazon.co.uk

Arrietty OST
The Tatami Galaxy
Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)

Joshawott said:
Geez, we call the French cowards and all that, but they get To Love Ru and To Love Ru Darkness. Thought this way was better than me importing from Japan and risking getting customs on me xD. Including postage, only £20.69. About the same price as buying 3 English manga volumes from Amazon.co.uk../quote]]/quote]
I thought that you don't pay VAT when you import books? What's so good about To Love Ru anyway? I've never seen it.

Also can anyone tell me if Rightstuf still have their annoying first time buyer thing where you have to provide them with scans and stuff.

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Geez, we call the French cowards and all that, but they get To Love Ru and To Love Ru Darkness. Thought this way was better than me importing from Japan and risking getting customs on me xD. Including postage, only £20.69. About the same price as buying 3 English manga volumes from Amazon.co.uk../quote]]/quote]]/quote]
I thought that you don't pay VAT when you import books? What's so good about To Love Ru anyway? I've never seen it.

Also can anyone tell me if Rightstuf still have their annoying first time buyer thing where you have to provide them with scans and stuff../quote]

Yes books are exempt afaik. Looking at the rightstuf FAQ they have a section about extra data they need so yes they need scans. At least I now have a scanner if I ever wanted to but from them.

I often wonder what stops the US from releasing some titles, if anything I think they have become more conservative with stuff, especially now tokyopop arnt around. Kinda funny that there's a fair few fanservice Anime's appearing but fewer Manga that might fit into that catergory. They always seemed to go further in the Mangas pushing boundaries and now it's reversed.

Found a shop in San Francisco, and got Mezzo , inu yasha season 7 (just need 2 to 6 before I can watch it) and dragonaut set 2. (Just need the first set).

I've got another shop lined up tomorrow plus there is bound to be something in Japan town.

Edit, looks like I will be doubling up on dragonaut, first set is £40 on amazon where the complete set is £12.

bakum4tsu said:
Dan said:
Ordered all 9 seasons of DBZ. I really need to stop raiding my savings :p

All 9 just at once seems like a lot of money :mrgreen:

It was but I worked out they were £20 each and that was the cheapest I'd see them, so thought I'd save myself some money in the long run. They are £19.92 from UP1 but u need to pay delivery too.

If you've seen them cheaper, please don't tell me, as I may have to cry :lol:

going to buy on monday

bakuman season 1
black rock shooter complete collection
bleach boxset 10
blood C complete collection
highschool of the dead: blu-ray with OVA edition
king of thorn
loups=gurous
naruto shippuden 13
okami-san and her seven companions
penguin drum
un-go
tiger and bunny part 2
redakai season 1 and 2
the king of pigs
ga-rei-zero
vampire princess miyu
waiting in the summer
shana season 2 part 2
bodacious space pirate part 2
madara
angel links
ushio and tora
zaion
kampfer OVA
shin getter robo vs neo getter
new hurricane polymar
legend of heroes
Ys legacy
weathering continent

Dan said:
Pre-ordered Mardock Scramble Second Combustion, King of Thorn & Un-Go Blu-rays from Sainsbury's Entertainment
I forgot about Mardock Scramble. I'm still in two minds whether to get Sentai's BD as I hate what Kaze are doing.
I'm surprised people are pre-ordering Un-Go though considering they are shoving all 11 episodes + The Inga double length OVA onto one disc. Would make more sense to wait and see how it looks.
I own Sentai's BD, and it also has a whole bunch of other extras which don't look to be included on this release. So it's a one disc, sub locked, locked down disc, which potentially has less in the way of content on disc than the US release. Not exactly appealing to me.

Back