The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

ilmaestro said:
So, Sainsbury's...

I've seen multiple people buying from there, is that currently considered the best place to get UK releases from?

It's just cheaper than Amazon. I've only pre-ordered stuff I haven't actually had anything delivered from them yet but hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll continue to use them.

Just to add Un-go pre-order is £30 on Amazon, Sainsburys Ent have it for £22.99

ilmaestro said:
So, Sainsbury's...

I've seen multiple people buying from there, is that currently considered the best place to get UK releases from?
I've been using Sainsbury's Ent for about a year now. The prices are competetive for most DVD's but it's preorders where they excel, most anime preorders will be cheaper than anywhere else. Overall I'd say the only places worth looking at for UK releases of anime (imo) are Sainsbury's (especially for preorders) and UP1. Amazon and Zavvi/Hut are just too expensive, although older releases can turn up for decent prices. I don't see any of this changing unless HMV return to online trading.

Forbidden Planet here is having a sale... Oh my wallet.

Resisting the temptation to pick up an almost complete run of Angel Sanctuary, I instead bought:

07-Ghost 3
Full Moon wo Sagashite 3
Tsubasa 27
Cynical Orange 2,3 and 7

manga_addicted95 said:
animefreak17 said:
Oh crap if that was the case I would of waiting for the collection, oh well
yeah, that pissed me off too, i thought it was way too cheap for the whole series though, i love the series so i'll still get it
It's like there trying to piss us off by doing this,

Oh it's the complete series, *siyce* ( if that's how you spell it) it's the first part lol

I am so wanting to pre-order the Street Fighter 2 blu-ray, but I would first like to know about the specs. Will it be anamorphic widescreen? Will it have Dolby True-HD or DTS-MA sound? Will the English version retain the kick-ass soundtrack?

I must know.

Bought Tetsujin 28 Vol.1 & 2 because they were dirt cheap. Even though Manga ent. stop releasing the rest of the series due to poor sales, i am willing to watch the rest online if i enjoy the two volumes :)

Pre-ordered Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 for £25.25 on Bluray from Amazon. It's cheaper on Sainsburys, £22.99, which I pointed out to them so hopefully they'll reduce the price. I have vouchers for Amazon which is why I went there rather than Sainsbury's.

On the subject of Sainsbury's as people are talking about them. I've had no issues with the stuff I've bought and as an example of their customer service; I ordered a CD for my Dad before Christmas which they had a delay getting. Not only did they aplologise, they sent him the CD, refunded the full cost and sent him a gift card for £15. Which is pretty good by anyone's standards.

Also got an email from Amazon saying they shipped Dreameater Merry today.

Thanks for the tip but it's only £0.76 cheaper than on Amazon and is £1.50 more than on Sainsbury's and as I say I have vouchers and as I've used the 'seen a lower price' link I expect them to match it before it's shipped.

animefreak17 said:
you should check-out UP1

https://www.up1.co.uk/Results?SearchVie ... ltimate%22

there prices are better

United do tend to be quite competitive on price thesedays, the issue however is that you pay postage meaning it's more than Amazon or the equivelant. Now having said that they ship 1st class and I quite often get US releases a little early (dunno if that applies to UK stuff), plus they have very good customer service.

Back