The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

They didn't have the tin set, so I purchased all seven volumes of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum collection and the Death and Rebirth/End of Evangelion 3-disc boxset for £30.

(I traded in some 360 stuff. I had £10 left over, probably gonna use it for Abenobashi)

Yay Bandai actually listed some stuff so I could make a worthwhile order!

TRSI:

Darker Than Black Season 2 + OVAs DVD/Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) LE
Gundam, Mobile Suit 0079 DVD Complete Collection 1 (Hyb)
Katanagatari DVD/Blu-ray Box Set 2 (S) Premium Edition
Kimi Ni Todoke -From Me to You- DVD Box Set 1 (S) Premium Edition
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie: Disappearance of Haruhi DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb)
Night Raid 1931 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*)
Queen's Blade 2: The Evil Eye Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb)
Squid Girl DVD Part 1 (Hyb)

Finally got to use an old coupon which had been burning a hole in my pocket for months ^^; of course it will be months until I see any of this now *sob*.

R

And again this week from amazon:

Samurai Champloo -Compl.Edit. (FatBox)
Baccano -Compl.Edit.
Gantz -Compl.Edit.

Rui said:
Yay Bandai actually listed some stuff so I could make a worthwhile order!

TRSI:

Darker Than Black Season 2 + OVAs DVD/Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) LE
Gundam, Mobile Suit 0079 DVD Complete Collection 1 (Hyb)
Katanagatari DVD/Blu-ray Box Set 2 (S) Premium Edition
Kimi Ni Todoke -From Me to You- DVD Box Set 1 (S) Premium Edition
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie: Disappearance of Haruhi DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb)
Night Raid 1931 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*)
Queen's Blade 2: The Evil Eye Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb)
Squid Girl DVD Part 1 (Hyb)

Finally got to use an old coupon which had been burning a hole in my pocket for months ^^; of course it will be months until I see any of this now *sob*.

R

Ordering DtB Season 2 that's definitely the case, should also have a nice fat bill from Parcelforce once it hits customs too.

Unknownfate said:
Ordering DtB Season 2 that's definitely the case, should also have a nice fat bill from Parcelforce once it hits customs too.

I have four TRSI orders outstanding at the moment due to foolishly adding slow things to other orders, so I'll probably get four customs hits in quick succession :)

R

ayase said:
I thought TRSI helped you dodge the VAT man, or have they become / been forced through The Machine and made square?

They still mark down but they ship through Parcelforce now who are a bit more aggressive. And if you order a huge amount at once, even marking down still gets hit because a dozen "$5" discs still pass the limit ;*(

R

Oh man don't even talk to me about Parcelforce, they're basically a mafia and you better have the're money or else...
Though I think UPS may be even worse, I'm sure once when the usual UPS delivery guy around my area came and delivered something for me that for once didn't require him to tax me, he genuinely looked pissed off that he wasn't taking more money from me.

ayase said:
I thought TRSI helped you dodge the VAT man, or have they become / been forced through The Machine and made square?

Spoke to Shawne the owner of TRSI earlier in the year and unfortunately it seems the days of $5 shipments are coming to an end.

vashdaman said:
Oh man don't even talk to me about Parcelforce, they're basically a mafia and you better have the're money or else...
Though I think UPS may be even worse, I'm sure once when the usual UPS delivery guy around my area came and delivered something for me that for once didn't require him to tax me, he genuinely looked pissed off that he wasn't taking more money from me.
I remember when I ordered something once, and it was shipped via UPS. The UPS guy tried to go to my old house (despite my new house being the delivery address) because he apparently remembered I lived there...they remember who they take money from!

Unknownfate said:
ayase said:
Spoke to Shawne the owner of TRSI earlier in the year and unfortunately it seems the days of $5 shipments are coming to an end.
Shame. I still don't understand why no-one is exploiting the massive loophole that is "second hand" goods. Being not VATable, second hand goods should also be exempt from import tax. If I had a warehouse in the US, purchased DVDs, removed their shrinkwrap and then exported them to the UK as "second hand" the buyers shouldn't have to pay any VAT or import duty even if their full value was declared, surely?

Xam'd Blu-Ray volume 1. I better not get burned by Manga UK now, though I do own a BD multi-region player so it won't be THAT bad if they do cancel part 2.

Back