The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Just won YuYu Hakusho volumes 1-11 on ebay for £10.49. Volume 9 alone costs more than that :lol:

Only problem is that I now have volumes 1-5 twice xD

Just ordered from The Book Depository:

Pokémon Adventures volume 13.
Pokémon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl / Platinum Volume 2.
Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Volumes 4 & 5.

I went mad this month - MAD. :?

Anime:
Memories
Serei no Moribito both volumes
Otaku no Video (German)
Robin Hood no Daibouken both volumes (German)
Mind Game (German)

Manga:
Drifting Classroom 7-9
Black Magic
Manga: Sixty Years of Comics

I'm sure there's something I've forgotten. Anyway, I've spent 100 quid easily.

Real Bout High School
Sugar: A little Snow Fairy 1-6
Sugar: A little Snow Fairy Special (LE)
Blue Gender 1-6
Blue Gender Movie
Sakura Wars: Sumire
Haruhi Season 2 (Bandai R1)
Eureka Seven Parts 1+2
Sorcerer Hunters 1-6

Has anyone bought or seen any of the new Kodansha published mangas and do they look much/any different to the Del Rey ones?

I think I just bought a Kodansha version of Fairy Tail v. 8 and will cry if it looks very much different to the Del Rey ones.

edit: nevermind, found a comparison and it's not that much of a biggy.

Hawthorns said:
Has anyone bought or seen any of the new Kodansha published mangas and do they look much/any different to the Del Rey ones?

I think I just bought a Kodansha version of Fairy Tail v. 8 and will cry if it looks very much different to the Del Rey ones.

Just don't accidently order a German volume like I did. They're pretty small (also German).

Ryu Shoji said:
Hawthorns said:

Just don't accidently order a German volume like I did. They're pretty small (also German).
The English ones are oversized (made to fit our bookshops shelves better), unless it's seinen manga or collectors edition and is A5.

Ryu Shoji said:
Hawthorns said:

Haha, I've learnt to look out for those ;D thankfully not the hard way.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sound of the Sky from TSRI, hopefully in time to get a set of those "while supplies last" postcards.

My copy turned up today, along with the Wings of Honneamise Blu-ray. Both are very gorgeous packages.

I may be grinning for a month. :D

Glad you like the Honneamise set. For a good while I was reluctant to spend $40 plus shipping, but then it arrived and I couldn't have been happier.

My TSRI order page was updated last night and it looks as though I will be getting the Sound of the Sky postcards. Woo. Just as well, really, as it's in stock at United Publications and I was definitely tempted.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Glad you like the Honneamise set. For a good while I was reluctant to spend $40 plus shipping, but then it arrived and I couldn't have been happier.

My TSRI order page was updated last night and it looks as though I will be getting the Sound of the Sky postcards. Woo. Just as well, really, as it's in stock at United Publications and I was definitely tempted.

I've now got it twice. I got the R4 version when I thought that Hi-def would die on its ****, which was just the DVD and the booklet. That release had the booklet inside the Amaray case, so it's smaller than the Bandai version, makes the print harder to read. It also was an NTSC-PAL conversion, and the sound was out of sync for the final chapter (more chapters on the R4 disc so just the last five minutes really).

The booklet in the Bandai release is nice and big though, two Amaray cases, chunky card box, no sound sync issues. I am tempted to turn the overscan back on the TV though. Talk about window boxed!

Back