The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

pickup45b.jpg

Arrived earlier than expected, especially considering the weather. Can't wait to watch it this weekend :D

vizardking said:
Off topic/
How did you guys get your copy of Eden of the east today
i ordered from amazon and got a delivery date of Dec 4 :_:
thats what I want to know as well ordered form amazon on wednesday and ive got a date of 1st - 3rd of dec

wertwow said:
vizardking said:
Off topic/
How did you guys get your copy of Eden of the east today
i ordered from amazon and got a delivery date of Dec 4 :_:
thats what I want to know as well ordered form amazon on wednesday and ive got a date of 1st - 3rd of dec
Because they got it from another online shop, like Play or HMV.

When Amazon ships is the day before the one on the estimate, they don't ship early even if the release date is pushed early at last minute*. As a result they tend to stick to street date, and are later than everyone else, unless the streetdate is heavily enforced.

* I've had to cancel preorders before and order again (still) from Amazon due to this a few times. As they had stock available to buy, but preorders dispatched late. They can sell out before getting to them, which is bloody anoying.

ilmaestro said:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu BD Complete Box

Tasty!

I bought the November issue of Newtype, which I'd missed when it seemed to disappear unusually quickly, as well as Gundam Unicorn 2 and Kuroshitsuji pt1 (R1).

And my first Crunchyroll subscription :s

I've been banned from buying anything before Christmas by my husband so as not to disrupt gifts, but I think those things are safe.

R

ConanThe3rd said:
ilmaestro said:
Finally shipped from Amazon Japan:

^____^
So, wait, you bought a BD Boxset for a show that wasn't even made in HD? Money well spent there, capt'n!
Apparently the 2009 episodes are natively HD; as well as they remade the 2006 OP in HD; and the rest are upscaled by Q-tec.

nanika said:
ConanThe3rd said:
ilmaestro said:
Finally shipped from Amazon Japan:

^____^
So, wait, you bought a BD Boxset for a show that wasn't even made in HD? Money well spent there, capt'n!
Apparently the 2009 episodes are natively HD; as well as they remade the 2006 OP in HD; and the rest are upscaled by Q-tec.
So the same episode eight times over in HD and upreses? I'm not seeing the bargain there.

ConanThe3rd said:
So the same episode eight times over in HD and upreses? I'm not seeing the bargain there.
It's the same episode plot 7 times over (the 8th is actualy different), the animation and voice is completely differnt each time.

It's the only way of getting season 2 in HD, and it's cheaper than the dvds are for either season.

Wherehouse are running a rare 20% off plus free shipping promotion. It would have been rude not to take advantage, though I had to think hard about what I actually wanted.

In the end I went for all four volumes of Gun Frontier and, seeing as that wasn't enough for two $20 orders, the Ushio & Tora collection. U&T was one of my earlier anime purchases and I absolulely loved it despite Western Connection's best efforts to ruin the experience with their horrendous video and ****** mistimed subtitles. Why I haven't bought the DVDs earlier I cannot say, but let us not dwell on the past. Time to find out whether my love is solely rooted in nostalgia or whether it's actually the great show I remember it being.

Magic Knight Rayearth Season 1-Remastered
Magic Knight Rayearth Season 2-Remastered
Trigun Complete Series
Gungrave Complete Series
Le Chevalier D'Eon Complete Series-S.A.V.E. Edition
Durarara-collection 1
Eden of the East

ilmaestro said:
:) Good stuff. I would have loved them to have put the anime-only subscription on sale, too, though.

I keep hoping they'll actually get more (UK-viewable) dramas.

So far all I've watched is a little Miracle Train. But once my backlog goes down a bit (as it looks like it will with a bit of an R1 drought early next year) I'm hoping to make more use of the subscription on my commute :)

R

Back