The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Completely agree, some great purchases jolu. Red Garden is such an underrated series, I love it to bits. That Bakuman box looks interesting o_O. I wonder if I can find some Spanish online shops that ship to the UK, in sturdy packaging.

On a random note, it amuses me somewhat how, on Play.com, they provide a helpful alternate title for those unable to understand Summer Wars: Sama Wozu. I'm sure that's incredibly helpful to UK anime fans.

Why was a film that's sure to be overrated by TGWLTT fan-people delayed until next year, btw?

I refuse to order anything else until those ***** over at the new DVDPacific send what they took money for. Useless ****s.

Edit: The Spanish-person above should totally buy the Shin Angyo Onshi volumes since I do recall feeling anger over some **** on YT showing off his non-English volumes.

AironicallyHuman said:
On a random note, it amuses me somewhat how, on Play.com, they provide a helpful alternate title for those unable to understand Summer Wars: Sama Wozu. I'm sure that's incredibly helpful to UK anime fans.

Why was a film that's sure to be overrated by TGWLTT fan-people delayed until next year, btw?
Nothing says the romanji for an English word have to look anything like the English.

Ours is delayed, cos it's getting dubbed and submitted for the Academy Awards by FUNi. If we want releases faster better ask Manga to stop releasing dubs, unless they've already been made.

Just ordered the following,

Yotsuba v.9 (preorder)
Kobato v2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya v.7
Robot V1
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Hardcover) (preorder)

Your expectations shall be met, good Sir! Pretty fun series, since you know what you're getting yourself into.

As for me, DVDPacific just shipped my copy of Taishou Yakyuu Musume.

Initial D:Stage 4 Part 1
Initial D:Stage 4 Part 2
Initial D:Stage 3 Movie
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie:The Conqueror of Shambala
Fist of the North Star:TV Series Collection 2(pre-order)
Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 1(pre-order)
Hell Girl Season 3:Three Vessels Collection 2(pre-order)

mangaman74 said:
A couple of blurays

Tsubasa - OVAs (Tokyo Revelations / Spring & Thunder) - Preorder
Trinity Blood - Complete Series
Yuck upscale.
Tsubasa OADs are all in 480p, having been made for DVD.
Almost totaly faithful to the manga though. Though I think it keeps the diferences in Sakura's magic powers between the anime and manga versions the same, which would be plot breaking later on.

Sanctuary: V3 - £ £2.75 + 63p P&P
Sanctuary: V4 - £ £2.75 + 63p P&P

The auctions coincided with me reading the first two volumes, which I got from eBay many moons ago.

There was an auction for V1-9 that ended with no bidders. I regret not bidding on it because of the lack of picture and loose pages mention, now that I've seen how rare/expensive the remaining five volumes are... :/

Planet Ladder: 1-6 - £10.49

The read-up reminded me a little of PSME, and the shoujo cover art looks nice. Throw in the books being OOP and (supposedly) mint and there was no way I could resist.

A few weeks back: Ceres Collection - £13

Cheap as chips. It was too hard to turn down an OOP shoujo classic for so little; especially right after I'd spent £40 on Special A.

I'll probably have a look at TBD later on in order to see if anything tempts me to use a 10% off code or two.

Reaper gI said:
mangaman74 said:
A couple of blurays

Tsubasa - OVAs (Tokyo Revelations / Spring & Thunder) - Preorder
Trinity Blood - Complete Series
Yuck upscale.
Tsubasa OADs are all in 480p, having been made for DVD.
Almost totaly faithful to the manga though. Though I think it keeps the diferences in Sakura's magic powers between the anime and manga versions the same, which would be plot breaking later on.

That maybe the case, but as I have a bd player I would rather get the bd version.

Just preordered the following,

Ghost Sweeper Mikami Collection 1

Kitchen Princess 2 £4.82
Crying Freeman: v. 1 £7.51
Kitchen Princess 1 £5.50
Shinobi Life: v. 2 £4.92
Shinobi Life: v. 3 £5.86
Four-Eyed Prince, Volume 2 £5.37
Shinobi Life: v. 4 £5.09
Shinobi Life: v. 5 4.96
Four-Eyed Prince, Volume 3 £5.06
Shinobi Life: v. 6 £5.94
Black God: v. 11 £5.39
My Girlfriend's a Geek: Fujoshi Kanojo v. 2 £5.39

Read my V1's of Four-Eyed Prince and Shinobi Life tonight; liking both. Prince is quite good, ignoring the fact it's centered around a guy treating a girl badly and the girl always coming back for more. Shinobi Life is a possible top ten contender - it having a distinctive shoujo art style and blending in a time slip/ninja subplot, as well as having a more adult touch lacking in most shoujo works I've checked out.

Kitchen Princess was purchased because I read Wild @ Heart and liked Ando's sense of humour that comes across in her art. I figured it was worth a go when all ten volumes are released.

Crying Freeman has Sanctuary's art and, to begin with at least, is meant to be pretty amazing. A 400 page opener is never a bad way to go.

As for the last two, they were Amazon pre-orders. TBD have them in-stock and, with the code, cheaper than Amazon, so...

If I'm to use many more 10% off codes, I'll have to *FINALLY* sell some more junk on eBay.

Also:

Video Girl AI Complete 6 Episode OAV Anime DVD Series

DRAGON HALF DVD ANIME

Bits and pieces have been sent out to me over the weekend:

Megami Magazine 2010/12
Nyan-type 2010/12
OreImo v.7 (LN)
Gundam Unicorn v.2 (BD)
Bleach/One Piece/Hitman Reborn 2011 Comic Calendars
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 2011 Calendar

tbd.jpg

When I said there wasn't much I could see to use the 10% off codes on, clearly I was lying.

Tonight I read through another two of my V1's - Love Com and NG (No Good) Life this time getting attention.

Love Com I knew all about already, thanks to the opening five episodes of the anime, but I got much more out of reading black & white pages. As usual, the art looked better in its original form, and I wasn't bothered by the episode-to-episode pacing like I was with the anime. Its a story of friendship turning to love - the best kind of love story; without all the nervous blushing - and the only problem I can see is the story getting dragged out for too long. The comical non-stop arguing of the bickering leads is great, and the humour makes it constant fun to read. Right now, I want to read more, and it'll be hard to resist my desire when the volumes are all dangerously cheap with the 10% off code.

NG Life was even more enjoyable. The author took PSME's 'reincarnated as the opposite gender + were lovers in our previous lives' humour and created a rom-com around it. Only the lead recalls his tragic past; his (now male) reincarnated wife and (now female, and clearly in love with the lead) best friend remembering nothing. It's wordy, meaning it takes awhile to read, but it's made me smile and come close to tears already. Another definite top ten contender.

And, finally, as for Hero's Tales, it's a five volume, near complete work by Arakawa - FMA's now famous author. I'm not expecting anything anywhere near as good as FMA, but I can't see it turning out badly when it was created by someone with such talent. Even before it was completed, it earned itself an anime adaptation, after all!

...Outside of more Lovely Complex buying, I'm going to force myself to put the brakes on my 10% code rampage. Luckily, my CC bill only just arrived, leaving me with lots of time to pay for all these books, but there will be no end to me e-shopping unless I restrict myself. I *NEED* to sell some of my junk, instead of just buying more and more...

Back