The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Madbull 34 & The Cockpit.

Hope they are better than the last lot of rubbish I got from ebay, which if your interested were:

Suikoden: Demon Century
Wild 7

Aion said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270524008068

Something a little different - Japanese DVDs. And I still managed to pay £2 per volume instead of Maes' £20. God, I'm good...
Very nice!

Although I don't settle for people's sloppy seconds, myself. And very rarely get away with paying as little as £20. ^^;

If the DVDs are still in the condition they were in when they were first unsealed, whose to know the DVDs are second-hand... other than myself? :)

There's something very rewarding about paying very little and getting a lot. That's why I love SecondSpin so much.

Aion said:
There's something very rewarding about paying very little and getting a lot. That's why I love SecondSpin so much.
Indeed there is, and I wouldn't actually criticize you for the effort you put in to get good deals. But, for me, there is also something satisfying about buying new stuff without messing around on eBay, waiting for a good deal to turn up, etc.

ilmaestro said:
Aion said:
Indeed there is, and I wouldn't actually criticize you for the effort you put in to get good deals. But, for me, there is also something satisfying about buying new stuff without messing around on eBay, waiting for a good deal to turn up, etc.
To sum it up I guess it's a matter of "Is my anxiety to see show X worth the money to get it now?"

Not today, but i bought the first DBZ movie yesterday whilst on lunch. for a steep £12....yeah i usually woulsn't touch a single movie for that price....but i'm back into DBZ atm so decided "what the hell"

Tachi- said:
Not today, but i bought the first DBZ movie yesterday whilst on lunch. for a steep £12....yeah i usually woulsn't touch a single movie for that price....but i'm back into DBZ atm so decided "what the hell"

when you say first dbz movie did you import it? if you got the red case one that has cartoon network and toonami splashed over it then you are in for a rude awakening. Although on reflection i don't think the first movie "The Dead Zone" was released over here (although it was shown on toonami) so hopefully you've got the funi release :p

I was up with the larks this morning, and not without good resolve.

I visited the delivery office to obtain my waiting copies of Armitage III and GunBuster before heading into the city centre. 'Twas a UP1 order.

Made a small supplemental print order, since I want to keep up with the Highschool of the Dead manga, and try out the first volume of a couple of light novel series:

Monthly Dragon Age 2010/3
15x24 v.1
Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan v.1
Accel World v.1
Ranobe-bu v.1

Rosario+Vampire volumes 9-10
One Piece volumes 13 and 24
D.Gray Man volume 1
Legal Drug volume 1
Absolute Boyfreind volume 3
A plushie of Konata and a figure of Meer Campbell who I just had to look up to get her name :p

Ghost In The Shell-Stand Alone Complex-SAC 1st GIG-Complete Box Set
Ghost In The Shell-Stand Alone Complex-SAC 2nd GIG-Complete Box Set
Dairugger Collection 1
Gundam 0083-Stardust Memory Complete Collection-Anime Legends
Nana Box Set 1
Nana Box Set 2
Nana Box Set 3

^ Not really. I imported my Ergo Proxy set for like £18 many moons ago. And it isn't the best anime you'll live to see. Though MVM sets are nice, £25 doesn't register on my bargain meter. You have to be Maes to see such a purchase as bargaintastic...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0437064849

Using my mind's eye, I discovered that someone had listed V5 - the last I needed of GTO - on eBay. I won it.

I can now die in peace, with my collection completed...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0402807888

Anything that's short, has a decent rating and has romance is worth looking into for me. I'm a big ol' softie, really.

Aion said:
^ Not really. I imported my Ergo Proxy set for like £18 many moons ago. And it isn't the best anime you'll live to see. Though MVM sets are nice, £25 doesn't register on my bargain meter. You have to be Maes to see such a purchase as bargaintastic...

Meh, i'll support the UK industry and i don't have to faff around with region coding. i'll pay the extra £7, it still works out at just over £4 a dvd. can't grumble with that.

Back