The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Aion said:
Ikigami 3-4 (4 pre-ordered)

I'm not going to type too much just yet because I want to read all that's available first, but the first two volumes suggest it's a serious top ten manga contender.

20th Century Boys 1

It dropped to £5. I ordered it to see what all the fuss is about. I kind of hope I hate it since I don't have the money to go on another £5.50-£6 rampage.

I still need to watch it. I hope 4digital asia don't keep dragging their **** with the sequels. I am not watching the first one until the sequels are out

Honey & Clover box 2
Berserk remastered
UY: The Final Chapter

From Right Stuf. I had ordered Berserk from PlayUSA but cancelled it after almost two months went by without any sign of it being shipped. Then they put the price up to £19 (customs ahoy) ¬_¬

fabricatedlunatic said:
Honey & Clover box 2
Berserk remastered
UY: The Final Chapter

From Right Stuf. I had ordered Berserk from PlayUSA but cancelled it after almost two months went by without any sign of it being shipped. Then they put the price up to £19 (customs ahoy) ¬_¬

I am starting to get a little fed up with playUSA myself nowadays as more and more often they fail to get pre-orders in stock and then jumping to awaiting stock for ages. Quite a few times now I have just cancelled after a few weeks and headed to the play traders or elsewhere and got things cheaper or fractionally dearer. The new £19 price point for a lot of their stuff is going to kill them. They should find some way of offering "not free shipping" for people who want it on items they could then mark as £18 or less on the package.

I bought Genshiken Season 2 Volume 3.

i got the first few bits of my kinda big spending spree =)

from BD -
Saiyuki Reload vol 7

UP1 -
Living for tmorrow manga -yaoi-
Black Lagoon first and seconds season -i brought one of them uk sale bundles not bad for £18-

Im acutally amazed the up1 turned up today concidering i only ordered it yesterday from them

United Publications' service has always been excellent. In terms of shopping for anime and manga in the UK it's the closest thing to instant gratification without physically going to a shop yourself.

I don't usually make impulse purchases, but yesterday I ordered the first three volumes of Nausicaa. Just... felt like it.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I don't usually make impulse purchases, but yesterday I ordered the first three volumes of Nausicaa. Just... felt like it.
Good man! =)
The books is so greater than the movie, that I kept wondering what if Myazaki continued drawing / writing manga.

chaos said:
The books is so greater than the movie.
That's what I like to hear. The manga wasn't finished until 1994, ten years after the movie, so I'll be interested to see the differences between them.

Unfortunately Amazon have, at this point, seen fit to ship volumes 2 & 3 but not the first one. D'oh.

fabricatedlunatic said:
chaos said:
The books is so greater than the movie.
That's what I like to hear. The manga wasn't finished until 1994, ten years after the movie, so I'll be interested to see the differences between them.

Unfortunately Amazon have, at this point, seen fit to ship volumes 2 & 3 but not the first one. D'oh.
The manga fill a few of the gaps the anime has or explore a little more than the anime. The second half is where most of the improvements are. If I remember correctly, the first and second volumes are literal transcriptions of the movie.

i got some more stuff i ordered from book depository, still waiting for some more prehaps that will turn up tomorrow

i got

blood+ vols 3 4 5
vassalord vol 3
dog style 3 ~yaoi~
you w ill fall in love ~yaoi~

also got the good, the bad and the weird on blu ray from hmv was only £7.99 been meaning pick it up for a while now

wherehouse1.jpg

I never intended to finish Narutaru, but seeing a rare adaptation of Kitoh's work go for very little was too hard to resist.

wherehouse2.jpg

Ys is of interest to me; me being a RPG fan. More cheap anime FTW.

Air Gear is OOP, not old and Wherehouse wanted very little for the entire series, with the art box included. It was difficult to say no to!

wherehouse3.jpg

Even though I own 1-2 of Beez's Yukikaze releases, I couldn't resist picking up the complete collection for so little. The cheapest price for volume three is like £10+... :/

Volume five of Desert Punk completes my art box set. Yay!

wherehouse5.jpg

Very good price. If not for me owning volume six, I'd be very happy.

wherehouse4.jpg

Volumes 4 & 6 of AMG2 leave me needing only volume five to complete my collection.

Fafner 3 completes my Fafner art box.

Basilisk 1 completes my mixed region collection of that.

wherehouse6.jpg

A lot of Van Dammage, and the final two R1 volumes of Tenjho I need. Sweet!

---------

clipboard02na.jpg

The 50 minute OVA adaptation was so enjoyable that I ordered all four volumes as soon as I realized they were re-released back in 08. Here's hoping the volumes aren't in ******, TBD condition...

clipboard06a.jpg

Volume one was quite excellent, and I'm expecting great things from one of the highest rated manga known to man. I've even ordered the first live-action adaptation for £6. :D

wow aion you been on a bit of a spending spree =) not thats a bad thing

i got this morning

saiyuki reload 8 and 9 from BD

Fullmetal Alchemist vol 1-17 -minus vol 14- and Claymore vols 1-5 from some on on here

FMA Vol 14 i brought the other day from whsmiths just so i could get it quicker than ordering it online

Sgt. Frog Season 2 Part 1
Texhnolyze vols 1-6
Black Lagoon Season 1 and 2
Berserk Complete Collection
Gurren Lagann Part 1(vols 1 and 2)
Toward the Terra Complete Collection
Ocean Waves
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time:Collector's Edition
Now and Then,Here and There Complete Collection
Outlaw Star Complete Collection

Great haul you've got there, Aion, although with Ichigo Marshmallow slipping in there I can't help but think that you've come back just to confess something. ;)

Back