The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

ilmaestro said:
Blu-ray:

K-ON! v.2
Queen's Blade v.3
Gundam 00 Second Season v.7
Eden of the East v.2
Fullmetal Alchemist (2009) v.1
I don't want to imagine the sum you must have paid for this lot. Japanese Blu-rays continue to exhibit such a country's pricing norms.

chaos said:
Aion said:
When looking on TBD just now, I remembered I had a 10% off, reusable voucher (usable until the 10th) sitting in my email inbox. This a few hours after making a £22 order for volumes 8-10 of GTO: The Early Years. ******* F***. I even forgot to use it before; when I ordered volume 6. Life sucks.
Can't you still cancel and re-order them?

As the owner of AUKN, you should know TBD - a much mentioned online retailer - don't allow orders to be cancelled. Once orders are made, there's no turning back.

...They do, however, listen to people when they moan via email. I explained my situation and the CS person I spoke to was happy to knock 10% off my three orders.

I'd be singing their praises for being so nice if not for my book condition fears.

I've cancelled orders with them before. But since they charge your card straight away they have to issue a refund, which takes a few days to appear on your account. I'm not sure whether or not this works with Paypal.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I've cancelled orders with them before. But since they charge your card straight away they have to issue a refund, which takes a few days to appear on your account. I'm not sure whether or not this works with Paypal.

There isn't an on-site cancellation function, unless they've added it. It was (is?) even in their policy that orders are final with regards to cancellations, if memory serves me.

Zin5ki said:
ilmaestro said:
Blu-ray:

K-ON! v.2
Queen's Blade v.3
Gundam 00 Second Season v.7
Eden of the East v.2
Fullmetal Alchemist (2009) v.1
I don't want to imagine the sum you must have paid for this lot. Japanese Blu-rays continue to exhibit such a country's pricing norms.
Dude, the prices are in yen, not actual money so it's OK.

>_>

<_<

ilmaestro said:
Dude, the prices are in yen, not actual money so it's OK.
Jmon-jap.jpg

Jumped on the bandwagon after the band stopped playing.

Ordered Gankutsuou from TRSI
It's the Geneon boxset with all the extras, and it's on their Deal of the Day today, which made it a very nice £21-ish.

Just Passing Through said:
Jumped on the bandwagon after the band stopped playing.

It's the Geneon boxset with all the extras, and it's on their Deal of the Day today, which made it a very nice £21-ish.

I collected the art box from eBay new (with a faulty copy of vol. 1), got vol. 1 from SS, got 3 volumes new from eBay, got a used copy of vol. 4 from SS and picked up the final volume I needed new from DVDPacific. I paid a lot. I don't regret it -- the art box is sexy, the cover art is lovely (reversible, too) and it's the best anime in existence.

You never know, when you watch it you might put a decent anime in your #1 spot!

I really need to jump through the hoops required to be able to order from SS. I've been too lazy to bother up to yet, even asking Fabio to order three DVDs for me (and he charged me tax, the bastard).

That's a thoroughly excellent price. I got my set for around £28 late last year, and I regarded that as a huge bargain. I still haven't watched it yet, something I hesitate to admit with Aion around.

I see Right Stuf still have almost 400 copies of the Geneon box set left, as well as hundreds of singles. Given that Geneon have been gone for over a year, it seems likely that Gankutsuou didn't meet sales expectations.

That's still four quid above the limit. That said, if your item gets through without being spotted then you'll have saved a tenner on the Axelmusic or UP1 price.

Back