Darker Than Black Vol.1 & 2
Ouran Host Club Part 2
Fullmetal Alchemist S1 P2
Berserk Box Of War Collection

Manga

One Piece Vol.3
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol.2

ayase said:
am I the first person to think of this amusing piece of Engrish?
Now now. I never knew those things were that bad.
(I have no desire to buy any at the moment. I've yet to spot any niche anime in such a medium.)

I picked up a Samurai Gun complete set at Blackbushe market today. I've heard nothing but bad things about this anime but it was cheap enough and it's another one to add to the collection.

I also ordered a few mangas........Gantz, Monster, MPD psycho, & Dead end, 1st of each.

Last few things I bought were: Eden: It's an Endless World vols. 2 - 5 (the first volume really impressed me and the central character is incredibly compelling!), Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi boxset (a bit too fanservice-y for my liking it seems, but it's Gainax and was only €15 on Play.com so it's worth a try), Kekko Kamen (was surprised to find that ADV had released this OVA in the UK, and it was only €4 so I decided to get it after AnimeWorldOrder's hilarious review). The last big purchase I made was for the entire collection of Osamu Tezuka's "Adolf" manga on eBay which cost me like €84. It's worth it though, because Adolf is excellent and those books are long out of print :]

CitizenGeek said:
Last few things I bought were: Eden: It's an Endless World vols. 2 - 5 (the first volume really impressed me and the central character is incredibly compelling!), Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi boxset (a bit too fanservice-y for my liking it seems, but it's Gainax and was only €15 on Play.com so it's worth a try), Kekko Kamen (was surprised to find that ADV had released this OVA in the UK, and it was only €4 so I decided to get it after AnimeWorldOrder's hilarious review). The last big purchase I made was for the entire collection of Osamu Tezuka's "Adolf" manga on eBay which cost me like €84. It's worth it though, because Adolf is excellent and those books are long out of print :]

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi boxset (a bit too fanservice-y for my liking it seems

Kekko Kamen (was surprised to find that ADV had released this OVA in the UK

I'm confused... Do you, or do you not like fan service?!

Obviously, no. I bought Abenobashi in spite of the fanservice and I only purchased Kekko Kamen because that anime podcast I linked to said it was, in a way, so bad that it's good. All of that is pretty clear :s

CitizenGeek said:
Obviously, no. I bought Abenobashi in spite of the fanservice and I only purchased Kekko Kamen because that anime podcast I linked to said it was, in a way, so bad that it's good. All of that is pretty clear :s

Oh right. I wasn't going to listen to a 2 hour podcast so I didn't realise the comments about Kekko Kamen.

I'm getting pretty immune to fan service these days, unless it's actually a selling point of the series. And Mune Mune is a selling point of Abenobashi. It's good that you took a chance on it though, as there is so much more to it.

Kekko Kamen... Yeah well. Decent, post-pub entertainment. :p

When looking on TBD just now, I remembered I had a 10% off, reusable voucher (usable until the 10th) sitting in my email inbox. This a few hours after making a £22 order for volumes 8-10 of GTO: The Early Years. ******* ****. I even forgot to use it before; when I ordered volume 6. Life sucks.

To make matters worse, I've got to go to the dentist at 9. There are few more enjoyable experiences than holding your mouth open like a ******* python whilst someone injects needles into your gum and has fun drilling away.

...on a more positive note, I just ordered the final four volumes of Tokyopop's Suikoden III manga in case that goes out of print (it may have already, actually), using the 10% off code I should've used on £29-30 already.

CitizenGeek said:
Last few things I bought were: Eden: It's an Endless World vols. 2 - 5 (the first volume really impressed me and the central character is incredibly compelling!),
It changes drastically after the first volume. Another series I dropped because I've moved to this country... I was in the part where the protagonist meet his mum, way ahead almost in volume 30, if I remember correctly. It loses most of it sci-fi feeling after volume 2 though.

CitizenGeek said:
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi boxset (a bit too fanservice-y for my liking it seems, but it's Gainax and was only €15 on Play.com so it's worth a try)
It's a great show and despite it very sillly start, it gets WAY better after the middle of it.

CitizenGeek said:
The last big purchase I made was for the entire collection of Osamu Tezuka's "Adolf" manga on eBay which cost me like €84. It's worth it though, because Adolf is excellent and those books are long out of print :]
Good man. I feel like picking this series up again.

Aion said:
When looking on TBD just now, I remembered I had a 10% off, reusable voucher (usable until the 10th) sitting in my email inbox. This a few hours after making a £22 order for volumes 8-10 of GTO: The Early Years. ******* F***. I even forgot to use it before; when I ordered volume 6. Life sucks.
Can't you still cancel and re-order them?

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos said:
way ahead almost in volume 30

?

There's nineteen volumes in total, unless you mean chapters which goes up to... volume 5 or so. I got up to volume 12 myself before I couldn't find anymore scans. Gonna have to buy it soon.

Oh and I just ordered Shigurui.

Lupus said:
chaos said:
way ahead almost in volume 30

?

There's nineteen volumes in total, unless you mean chapters which goes up to... volume 5 or so. I got up to volume 12 myself before I couldn't find anymore scans. Gonna have to buy it soon.

Oh and I just ordered Shigurui.
Oh, realized I didn't mentioned they were release as half tankobon there.

http://www.comix.com.br/product_info.ph ... ts_id=6276

After looking for the rest of it, i realized the series was cancelled there, so, I'll have to get the english version if I wanted to complete this.

unellmay said:
chaos said:
Oh, realized I didn't mentioned they were release as half tankobon there.

Wow that's Just terrible
Why it's terrible? It was their way to guarantee they were a few months back on the actual japanese release, therefore trying to avoiding a disruption to their monthly schedule. It works pretty well there and prices used to be decent, although I have no idea how it is now.

From a worthwhile shopping trip, I went into Waterstones and bought vol. 7-9 of Trinity Blood manga (3 for 2 offer was on). They didn't have it in before... What luck!

Amazon order in for the month:

Blu-ray:

K-ON! v.2
Queen's Blade v.3
Gundam 00 Second Season v.7
Eden of the East v.2
Fullmetal Alchemist (2009) v.1

DVD:

Natsu no Arashi v.3
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu v."4" (2009 v.1) (no, ilmaestro, don't do it!)

And I got the second and third in the "Bungaku Shojo" series of light novels. I don't know if anyone has translated any of these, but the first one was really good, so if one of the manga series based on it is similar (and more likely to have been translated), I'd recommend checking it out.

Back