The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

chaos said:
Reevothemusefan said:
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Complete Collection

Pure win. Enjoy and share your views on the show with us later =)

Very yes. I only know one person who doesn't like Fumoffu...and their nickname is Lord Grumpy...so that kinda tells you where that one's going.

Picked up Tokyo Godfathers (£8 ) and Paprika (£5) at HMV last night on a whim. I loved Perfect Blue so I'm really looking forward to checking out these Satoshi Kon movies.

If I enjoy those, I think I'm gonna pick up Paranoia Agent next month which will be my first anime series.

Also got Metropolis (Special Edition? (Shiny Box)) for £7, which can't be too bad? (I missed it on TV last month).

Regards

K

Just picked up Chrono Crusade vols 1-7 all for £15 off of someone on another messageboard.

Kaede, Paprika is excellent as is Paranoia Agent (if a little bit mind bending) - enjoy!

Kaede said:
Picked up Tokyo Godfathers (£8 ) and Paprika (£5) at HMV last night on a whim. I loved Perfect Blue so I'm really looking forward to checking out these Satoshi Kon movies.

If I enjoy those, I think I'm gonna pick up Paranoia Agent next month which will be my first anime series.

Also got Metropolis (Special Edition? (Shiny Box)) for £7, which can't be too bad? (I missed it on TV last month).

Regards

K
Both are excelent, Paprika is a little bit difficult to watch though. by difficult I mean, the story can be confusing at parts, so it requires your full attention.

If you want Paranoia Agent and don't mind used, I can sell my singles to you. I've had to buy a new set so I could get Momoi-san's autograph at aya (she plays Maromi in paranoia agent).

Also, are you going to the scrrening of DMC or Swrod of the stranger at the Barbican? If you do, we might be able to meet there!

chaos said:
Both are excelent, Paprika is a little bit difficult to watch though. by difficult I mean, the story can be confusing at parts, so it requires your full attention.

If you want Paranoia Agent and don't mind used, I can sell my singles to you. I've had to buy a new set so I could get Momoi-san's autograph at aya (she plays Maromi in paranoia agent).

Also, are you going to the scrrening of DMC or Swrod of the stranger at the Barbican? If you do, we might be able to meet there!

Hey, Chaos

Cheers for that, really looking forward to those films.

Cheers for the offer of the DVDs, but I think for Paranoia agent I'm likely to go for the box set as I prefer getting the fancier editions when I can. Thanks though!

I've just had a quick look at a review of Sword of the Stranger and that does sound excellent. I've not got anything booked for that night at the moment so I'll keep it free and get my ticket nearer the time.

This is also the day after the London October Expo right? I'll be heading down to that as well, hopefully to pick up some more bargains. : )

Regards

K

chaos said:
Reevothemusefan said:

Thanks alot, just a quick question, do i have to have any past knowledge of the first Full Metal Panic! because this is my first time checking it out and I believe this is a sequal.

Kaede said:
chaos said:

Hey, Chaos

Cheers for that, really looking forward to those films.

Cheers for the offer of the DVDs, but I think for Paranoia agent I'm likely to go for the box set as I prefer getting the fancier editions when I can. Thanks though!

I've just had a quick look at a review of Sword of the Stranger and that does sound excellent. I've not got anything booked for that night at the moment so I'll keep it free and get my ticket nearer the time.

This is also the day after the London October Expo right? I'll be heading down to that as well, hopefully to pick up some more bargains. : )

Regards

K
Sword of the stranger looks really good and it has been recommend by many to me, so I'm really looking forward to it.
London expo, yeah, I'll be there as well and we might have another AUKN meetup then - you should say hi, if you have time =)

Reevothemusefan said:
chaos said:
Reevothemusefan said:

Thanks alot, just a quick question, do i have to have any past knowledge of the first Full Metal Panic! because this is my first time checking it out and I believe this is a sequal.
Nope. It can be enjoyed with any previous knowledge from the original series.
I've seen fumoffu before I've seen the first series and I'm still after the second one right now.

Yesterday:
Dragonball Z season 2 dvd,Honey And Clover 1 Manga and Yotsuba&4(which seems to have been priced as though it were the last of a dying breed,so it will probably be the last I get until the september continuation+re print by Yen Press)

Gestalt
Sorcerer On The Rocks
Vampire Princess Volumes 1-6
Gasaraki Box Set
Maria Watches Over Us Season One
Strawberry Panic The Complete Series

Well I ordered six volume of manga of some guy on ebay about 3 weeks
ago
I've sent him emails but he or she appears to be ignoring them
I'm on the verge of complaining about them I've already paid so they basically stole my money
It's very annoying :evil:

I gonna wait another day or two cause i'm trying to patient
but this is ridicules

GTO: The Early Years 3-4 (Amazon)
GTO: The Early Years 5 (TBD)

My copy of volume 2 arrived today from Amazon. It was sent in a box, and arrived in far better condition than my now free first volume. Near mint, actually. This means Amazon are the way to go.

...However, Amazon have now gone out of stock since I first raved about the first volume coming back into stock for all of a couple of days. I can only order volumes 3-4, and I got the last copies of those. I've paid the price for not making a massive order with Amazon to begin with, instead ******* around with TBD over a damaged book.

I can't even order volume 5 from Amazon anymore, so I've given TBD one last 'big book' chance. If I receive another damaged copy from them, I'm not going to order until Amazon restock... which will prove difficult since I'm into the series now, having finished the first volume.

Not ordered anything else, but I've received two emails: one telling me Claymore 2 has been sent by HMV 10 days before its official release, the other telling me Amazon have sent my GTO books within hours of me ordering. Since TBD send in jiffy bags and take 5+ days to send stuff, Amazon are now vastly superior in my mind because of their speed and packaging.

So, if I'm worried about damage in the future, HMV are the way to go for art boxes and Amazon for books. Play and TBD will lose out.

Otaku no Video
Lucky Star vol 6 standard edition (curse them for cancelling the limited edition)
Lucky Star OVA
Gurren Lagann vol1 Limited Edition
Gurren Lagann vol2 Limited Edition
Gurren Lagann vol3 Limited Edition

Back