The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

unellmay said:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH GOD...HAHAHAHA!!!

What's wrong with you!?

There are nicer ways to talk to people. There's nothing wrong with buying singles; that they keep making them shows that some people do in fact purchase them.

Dracos said:
Not sure what to do about Shippuden myself. I might wait and see if the US are going to be getting multi disc sets like Naruto. I am not sure if I want to buy single discs for a long show again, like I am doing with Bleach.

I'm definitely not touching the singles for Shippuuden. I gave up on singles after finishing Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Urusei Yatsura myself (there's just no shelf space left if nothing else!). I'm sure Viz will bundle them up into sets six months or so after the singles, and Manga might well do something for us over here too to make collecting Shippuuden less daunting. Especially since the filler sets likely broke a lot of peoples' spirits.

R

unellmay said:
for 200 episodes +?

There really is something wrong with that

No it is called collecting something you have a passion for. Putting money back into that very thing so they can produce more. It is not just torrenting and stealing stuff then calling oneself a fan. Complaining when the quality of shows starts to fall, really should not be allowed for so called fans that don't put anything back.

@Rui. Reminds me I still have 25 discs of Urusei Yatsura to go. I ought to buy a few each month when new stuff I am not so interested in is coming out.

no single volumes for what's gonna be at least 400 episodes IS insane
well unless you have like Thousands of pounds of course
though the fact that you imported these is what makes it truly insane

But whatever I don't really care

Unell is a Class S retard, but I do agree it's rather dumb to buy 4-5 episode singles when you can could have have waited, paid £14-£25 x3 for R2 box sets AND supported the UK anime industry by doing so.

When a smart and mature person such as myself says it, you know it's true.

...But, if you have money to burn and like to put a star on your wall for every single you buy new, power to you. I'm only cheap because I have to be, where as others have the money to throw around without logic and don't care. I know which sort of person I would like to be.

Aion said:
Unell is a Class S retard, but I do agree it's rather dumb to buy 4-5 episode singles when you can could have have waited, paid £14-£25 x3 for R2 box sets AND supported the UK anime industry by doing so.

When a smart and mature person such as myself says it, you know it's true.

...But, if you have money to burn and like to put a star on your wall for every single you buy new, power to you. I'm only cheap because I have to be, where as others have the money to throw around without logic and don't care. I know which sort of person I would like to be.

Unfortunately I don't have money to burn, but being able to spend some of it on stuff I want to gives me a reason to keep turning up to work. I am cheap when I want to be, waiting out for box sets of stuff I am not sure about. I just also like being an early adopter.

Props also to you for using the Japanese class scale where S beats anything else.

Now that you mention it, I picked that up from JRPGs. Those Japanese screw with minds, making 'S' superior to 'A'... and I don't even get it myself.

Aion said:
TGWLTT: 2 Disc LE (new, £5.50)
Stratos 4: Box Set (new, £10)
Mind if I ask you where? Provided it's not eBay, I'll get me a second copy of TGWLTT and sell the other, non-LE one. And stratos 4 for that price interests me.

Rui said:
Maria-sama Ga Miteru season one.
Have you seen the other seasons? I keep on postponing the other ones...

TGWLTT turned out to be unsealed (eBay) and Stratos 4 arrived sealed but damahed (eBay).

I don't mind about getting the 2-disc edition in mint condition, complete with a slipcover for the same price the single disc version is selling for new. I do, however, just hate getting damaged art boxes.

chaos said:
Rui said:
Maria-sama Ga Miteru season one.
Have you seen the other seasons? I keep on postponing the other ones...

Only the second so far; I bought them out of order and saw the first at a friend's. If you liked the first you should enjoy the second season. There's a lot of character development (and some new girls!) and the art/music is as lovely as ever.

R

Took advantage of the Funimation sale at Right Stuf to order the first seasons of Spice & Wolf and Tower of Druaga. They won't ship until November, so hopefully the exchange rate doesn't plummet between now and then...

Back