The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

CitizenGeek said:
Got Haruhi vol. 2 in the post ^__^

Trigunette said:
I bought Nextworld 1 and 2 :)
I was surfing around and bumped into these really charming and really nicely done Tezuka pages.

I've heard Nextworld is one of Tezuka's weaker works. But even bad Tezuka is probably outstanding :p

Did you get Metropolis yet?

I found the TezukaInEnglish.com site a while ago, too - it's awesome :]

Well for completions sake it's nice to get all Tezuka available in English :D
Not that I think I have a chance finding Adolf unless they re-print (hopefully).

Metropolis the anime? Yeah I couldn't resist it, it was just so cheap on play. I'm really glad I did, just for the visuals alone it's really worth it.

I bumped into a really nicely done fan made Metropolis MV.

As for todays shopping: Wallflower vol 16, Don't Blame Me 2, Sand Land.[/u]

Today's Book Depository order:

- Astro Boy vol. 5
- MPD Psycho vol. 2

Trigunette said:
Not that I think I have a chance finding Adolf unless they re-print (hopefully).

Adolf is depressingly rare :/ It looks so good, too. I hope Vertical pick up the rights and give the books decent covers - Viz's covers look horrible :/

Metropolis the anime? Yeah I couldn't resist it, it was just so cheap on play. I'm really glad I did, just for the visuals alone it's really worth it.

Nah, I was talking about the manga :p

But, you're right, that movie looks amazing!

CitizenGeek said:
Today's Book Depository order:

- Astro Boy vol. 5
- MPD Psycho vol. 2

Trigunette said:

Adolf is depressingly rare :/ It looks so good, too. I hope Vertical pick up the rights and give the books decent covers - Viz's covers look horrible :/

Nah, I was talking about the manga :p But, you're right, that movie looks amazing!

The first Adolf volume seems to be more or less out of print and I'm not paying a hundred quid for it.
Yeah the old covers look dismal, but Viz has been known to do some good stuff too, like the recent Cat Eyed Boys, so there's hope.
I don't really mind if it's them or Vertical as long as they do it (with new covers :wink: )

Do you have the Metropolis anime?
I know some think it looks old fashioned and find it boring with a predictable plot, but I love the retro feel and the use of the music is really good. If you've seen the anime and expect the manga to be the same you'll be dissapointed though. Apart from the title and characters there isn't much that's similar between the two. The manga is early "Mickey Mouse" Tezuka aimed mostly for children. It's fun and manic and a quick read and if you like Astroboy it won't be a bad addition to your Tezuka collection.

Pre-ordered Haruhi vol. 3 last night.

Trigunette said:
It's fun and manic and a quick read and if you like Astroboy it won't be a bad addition to your Tezuka collection.

Sounds like it's more something you'd buy for it's historical aspect (being one of Tezuka's earlier works) rather than enjoyment. I'll pick it up eventually :]

Yeah the old covers look dismal, but Viz has been known to do some good stuff too, like the recent Cat Eyed Boys, so there's hope.

Yeah, I guess. They done a good job with the Phoenix release, too!

Today I got:
Manga - Welcome to the NHK - Vol 1
And Anime - Ghost in the shell; Stand alone complex; 2nd GIG.

Just got back from town today so I haven't had time to watch or read it yet; But I'm sure I wont be disappointed! ;D

very good to hear :) I'm going through Read or Dream right now, as it is one of my favourite animes ever. My Hime will be next an Negima will be last, as I have only up to vol17 of it.

Ninja Boy! said:
chaos said:
My Hime
Battle Vixens
Negima
FMP ...

I've got myself a lot of things to read now =)

i read a few chapters of the My-Hime manga (after my pleasent viewing of My-Hime anime) and it seems pretty good..

completly different from the series too :D

my DBZ saga 1 and 2 box sets are finally on the way, along with lucky star and Shana vol 2

Samurai Deeper Kyo vol 29
Silver Diamond vol 1
A Wise Man Sleeps 1 & 2 that's a new Mick Takeuchi from GoComi!
and Vampire Hunter D manga 1 & 2.

I haven't bought any anime in ages so I got myself Azumanga Daioh the complete series just because it's so good to spend all your pay check and have nothing left for the holidays. Then you can keep fit by walking over the hills and meadows for nothing :p

I was in Dublin today, so I picked up Gantz vol. 1 in Forbidden Planet and there was a random copy of Buddha vol. 4 in Eason's so I got that too :]

Also got Dororo vol. 2 and Astro Boy vol. 3 in the post ^__^

Righty Right. So after my discovery that Japan hates my credit card my order of the Shinkai artbook couldnt be completed. Heres hoping that another site can get them in stock.

So instead i ordered Haruhi vol.1 LE. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Oh and on another uninteresting note, Sendit still hasnt got hold of my Mushishi starter set. I'm wondering if its gonna remain unavailable and i'm gonna have to start searching further for it.

Maltos said:
Righty Right. So after my discovery that Japan hates my credit card my order of the Shinkai artbook couldnt be completed. Heres hoping that another site can get them in stock.
I've got it!!! and Autographed on top of it (sorry I had to boost =D , I'm aware I'll burn in hell)

chaos said:
Maltos said:
I've got it!!! and Autographed on top of it (sorry I had to boost =D , I'm aware I'll burn in hell)
Words cannot explain my envy now...

Back