The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:
You do realise that you won't be able to watch it in broadcast order if you buy the regular edition?

I'm guessing you started in chronological order with the first LE anyway.

Yep :]

I can always go back and watch it in broadcast order once I have all 4 volumes, anyway.

That's very true actually.

CitizenGeek said:
Would you say it's worth re-watching the series in broadcast order, once I've already watched it in chronological order, though?

Definately. If you watch it broadcast order you get all the stories that aren't crucial to the main story fitted in between the main story perfectly, so it feels spaced out just right. (And also the original Haruhi creator (I think it was him anwyay) wanted it this way... so I guess you could think that the show gains that little bit extra genius on top of the already awesome show, just by watching it in broadcast order)
I haven't watched it in chronological order, but all the main story is bunched up at the beginning, but thinking about it, you get to see all the non-crucial story events after, so that's just as much fun.
It is kind of weird to watch broadcast order, because you see characters that haven't been introduced yet, etc.

Basically, my advice is whatever floats your boat on the information I gave. It's all good whatever way you watch it!

Basically, my advice is whatever floats your boat on the information I gave. It's all good whatever way you watch it!

I'm inclined to believe this is true: the first three episodes were outstanding!

The first three episodes are actually in the same order no matter which way you watch it (assuming you watch episode 00 first in both orders).

And ordered Shana vol. 2

Shaman King 14
Naruto 29-30
Black Cat 14-15
One Piece 18
Bleach 23
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Adventures 1
Cowa!
Fairy Tail 3
Rosario + Vampire 1
Strawberry 100% 4

Deathnote 11+12
Deathnote, another note

^_^

Only cost me £14 woo
Had a £5 voucher and "another note" is £2 off if you buy it at waterstones :D

CitizenGeek said:
Just ordered Buddha vol. 3 and Astro Boy vol. 4 from the lovely folks at the book depository :]

I bought Nextworld 1 and 2 :)
I was surfing around and bumped into these really charming and really nicely done Tezuka pages.

Also because it seemed like a laugh; Bobobo bo bobobo, Rurouni Kenshin Viz Big 3, Battle Royale Ultimate ed. 3, I Shall Never Return 3.

cardybean said:
I'm thinking about actually buying Another Note (I don't buy things). Is it big? Or standard size?

Slightly bigger than usual manga size. but looks cool, just have to wait for the holidays before i can read it !!!!

Got Haruhi vol. 2 in the post ^__^

Trigunette said:
I bought Nextworld 1 and 2 :)
I was surfing around and bumped into these really charming and really nicely done Tezuka pages.

I've heard Nextworld is one of Tezuka's weaker works. But even bad Tezuka is probably outstanding :p

Did you get Metropolis yet?

I found the TezukaInEnglish.com site a while ago, too - it's awesome :]

Finally, finally, finally!! Ordered the Makoto Shinkai artbook from amazon jp.
Really been looking forward to getting this and luckily they still had it in stock.
As long as Sendit manage to get my Mushishi Starter Set in stock and i can get the Haruhi LEs before they go, i'll be up to date on my limited items.

Back