The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

BlackWolf said:
pneboy said:
is it dubbed by viz or manga, lol wouldnt mind seeing it for a laugh if its dubbed by manga on youtube

If you're talking about the 17 min short (which is almost half the length of the main ova) then its subbed only, and the main ova is Viz Dub, i don't think Manga have done their own dub in years now...

What exactly is the 17 minute short? I remember watching a 45 minute (?) OVA 1 on fansub years ago.

melonpan said:
BlackWolf said:
pneboy said:
is it dubbed by viz or manga, lol wouldnt mind seeing it for a laugh if its dubbed by manga on youtube

If you're talking about the 17 min short (which is almost half the length of the main ova) then its subbed only, and the main ova is Viz Dub, i don't think Manga have done their own dub in years now...

What exactly is the 17 minute short? I remember watching a 45 minute (?) OVA 1 on fansub years ago.

the short is called Find the red four leaf clover, the OVA you are thinking about is Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village

Yesterday:

Anime:
Mushi-Shi volume 4

Four volumes collected, none watched.

Manga:
D.gray-man 9

I don't have eight... -facepalm-

Parasyte volume 3

HELL YEAH, IT'S OUT, YOU ARE THE BEST MANGA, EVER.

mr postie gave me one piece season 1 part 1
no clean op and ed so far, and i hate when dvd,s say unedited when the op and ed are in english and the gum gum thing still pisses me

Rui said:
Would be very interested in Haunted House/Embalmer thoughts if you enjoy those, Trigunette ;)

R

Heh, I think I have all but Boys Over Flowers from your list.

Weell, Haunted House didn't quite make the bar, as if one hasn't seen characters with weird families in manga before. This guy has an Addams Family family and the poor boy just wants to get a girlfriend. Oh woe, haha funny the family scared another girl away. I had a few laughs out of it with the parents appearing in "disguise", but all in all, it was a bit on the stale side. It might have had more edge if it actually had some haunted in the house, instead, it was a fairly average gag manga.

The Embalmer on the other hand was more interesting. Sure it has it's shoujo object bishounen embalmer boy whose bound to/probably ends up with the housekeeper girl he secretly likes, but I like the way the story is unfolding and it's black and white style. It grabs hold better in the second volume, and I already ordered the last 2.
Haven't read anything else by her, haven't read her Doll series, I might try Beautiful People next.

Shopping cart:
Blood + vol 2, Eden vol 8, Rurouni Kenshin vol 2 VizBig, Love Pistols vol 5,
Tea For Two vol 1, Prince Charming vol 3, Mushishi vol 4, Her Majesty's Dog vol 9, Gantz vol 1, My Heavenlt Hockey Club vol 5.

BlackWolf said:
melonpan said:
BlackWolf said:
pneboy said:

the short is called Find the red four leaf clover, the OVA you are thinking about is Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village

Ah. Well I've seen both of them I think, so that's alright.

Trigunette said:
The Embalmer on the other hand was more interesting. Sure it has it's shoujo object bishounen embalmer boy whose bound to/probably ends up with the housekeeper girl he secretly likes, but I like the way the story is unfolding and it's black and white style. It grabs hold better in the second volume, and I already ordered the last 2.
Haven't read anything else by her, haven't read her Doll series, I might try Beautiful People next.

Thanks, I'll probably give this a try next time I'm buying. I have Beautiful People, Requiem in Phonybrian and IC In A Sunflower and quite liked all of them but was a little cautious of starting something longer than a short story. Sounds like it's worth a look though!

R

"Requiem in Phonybrian"

is that another Requiem series like Requiem from the darkness??
(found that the most boring series ever :()

Tachi- said:
"Requiem in Phonybrian"

It's completely unrelated. I liked Requiem from the Darkness though :D

R

Rui said:
Tachi- said:
"Requiem in Phonybrian"

R

Really?
i thought it was just plain weird. Paranoid agent is better :thumb:

i'm abit annoyed at waterstones. ordered 10 volumes of bleach and 10 vols of deathnote last week, and i've been told they were sent last week but won't get here until next week.

the guy i ordered the vols with said 3-4 days....near 2 weeks in reality :(

Tachi- said:
Rui said:
Tachi- said:
"Requiem in Phonybrian"

R

Really?

i'm abit annoyed at waterstones. ordered 10 volumes of bleach and 10 vols of deathnote last week, and i've been told they were sent last week but won't get here until next week.

should of ordered from amazon nearly half price and you can buy 4 vols on amazon for the price of 3 vols in waterstones and they dont havfe the annoying sticker on

Tachi- said:

I refuse to order from Waterstones anymore.

I ordered a book that was out of stock, they said it'd be about 3 weeks for it to come it.

I waited, and waited with no word of it, so I went in to find out what was happening, only to be told 'Oh we couldn't get hold of it'.

They couldn't even be arsed to let me know! Do you know what the the real pisser was though? I found a bunch of them on a shelf practically next to the fecking bastard that said they couldn't get it, and I know for a fact they wern't there 2 days earlier. If they couldn't get it, how the hell was it on the fecking shelf!

pneboy said:
Tachi- said:
Rui said:
Tachi- said:
"Requiem in Phonybrian"

R

Really?

should of ordered from amazon nearly half price and you can buy 4 vols on amazon for the price of 3 vols in waterstones and they dont havfe the annoying sticker on

Cheers for the heads up. i've been looking on play.com alot recently but just haven't ordered as i wasn't sure how trust worthy it was, (after the story a few years ago where a kid was able to scam hundreds of pound out of alot of people by selling them boxes full of rubbish instead of the contents it was meant to have....then again on ebay you can buy mouldy sandwiches so im not entirely suprised to be honest :lol:)

Tasker said:
Tachi- said:

I refuse to order from Waterstones anymore.

I ordered a book that was out of stock, they said it'd be about 3 weeks for it to come it.

I waited, and waited with no word of it, so I went in to find out what was happening, only to be told 'Oh we couldn't get hold of it'.

They couldn't even be arsed to let me know! Do you know what the the real pisser was though? I found a bunch of them on a shelf practically next to the fecking bastard that said they couldn't get it, and I know for a fact they wern't there 2 days earlier. If they couldn't get it, how the hell was it on the fecking shelf!

thats funny, well not really but....yesterday when i went into the store for an update the guy pulled bleach vol 4 from the shelf behind him and said "oh thats the one you ordered months ago"
i just said "well i was told i would have a text message upon delivery, didn't recieve one so how was i supposed to know? anyway i went to MK and bought it. they have a better stock"

and apparently the 3 for 2 is no longer in my local store....then care to explain the 3 for 2 stickers on every book except the manga??
i told the guy that i'd worked out he had taken the stickers off the manga to try scam me out of the free book. he didn't say anything.
then i laughed at him because i'd found a loophole in the sale anyway (order before the 3 for 2 offer expires and they can't charge you for the 3rd book even if the offer ends)
the disappointment on his face :lol:

Advice;
Don't let people try to get the better of you and belittle you. use their own regulations and rules against them.

Rui said:
Thanks, I'll probably give this a try next time I'm buying. I have Beautiful People, Requiem in Phonybrian and IC In A Sunflower and quite liked all of them but was a little cautious of starting something longer than a short story. Sounds like it's worth a look though!

R

I think it only has the four volumes, but I can see worrying about getting bored for longer than one :D Still, I'd give it atleast a solid three stars from what I've read so far. Recommending something is always a bit dicey as people have such varied tastes and preferences. My grandffather had a phrase "well, I like it" which is hardly a recommendation but really apt for a lot of the time lol.
Might check out the live action they've made based on it and see what a mess (or not) they've made of it > Shigeshoshi with Wada Masato playing the title character Mamiya.

Shopping:

Alive 4
Wild Ones 3
Telepathic Wanderers 2-4
Yurara 5
Color Of Rage
Totally Captivated 2

Back