The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

melonpan said:
pneboy said:
melonpan said:
I only post here when I've actually received something.......

I bought it from Up1, because it's pretty impossible for it to get through customs without the £8 unfortunately. December 1st couldn't come any sooner.

It's nice to have a new release soon after it's actually released, instead of waiting several weeks from DVD Pacific.

oh.boy I ordered it from dvdconcept and its being pre-order so now im scared that I might get hit with a 8 quid loss because of it but im not sure if dvdconcept get it sent there then the add my address and send it to me

strange tho when I ordered school rumble r1 starter which was 25 quid I never got charged extra,this was back in december from amazon market

£25 for the School Rumble starter set? That's way more than you need to pay. I got it for around £13.

PLAY.com £14.99

pneboy said:
melonpan said:
I thought he was talking about the R1 version.

I know I thought I was but according to those 2 I like the sucky r2 anime releases here

You still got ripped off, as it says on DVD Concept the starter set only costs £17.99.

Whats wrong with R2 releases? Besides the slow release you could have bought the starter set then bought the rest as R1.

Bleach Vols 11,12 and 13

halfway through 11 right now lol
I love it when ganju is running from half of 11th company ans sees ichigo running round the corner and is really relieved then the other half of 11th company run round after ichigo and ganju's face drops lmao then they try using a kid from 4th company and 11th company are like "lmao kill him we dont like 4th anyway" hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Zen 2nd said:
pneboy said:
melonpan said:

I know I thought I was but according to those 2 I like the sucky r2 anime releases here

You still got ripped off, as it says on DVD Concept the starter set only costs £17.99.

Whats wrong with R2 releases? Besides the slow release you could have bought the starter set then bought the rest as R1.

i baught it from amazon market place in decemeber i only found out about dvdconcept after starting a new collection of a magazine, dvd ceoncept are crap ordered vol 2 and 4 of death note supposed to arrived by monday still not got them, might consider up1.co.uk since ive heard so many good reviews

Well, yesterday in the post i got

Ouran volumes 1 & 2
Ichigo 100% volume 4
Muhyo to Rouji volume 4
Tsubasa Volume 4
Fruits basket volume 7

Anime:
Moonlight Mile Volume 2 + Artbox
Ah My Goddess Flights Of Fancy Volume 6 (Another box filled)

Manga:
Dragon Eye Volume 4

pneboy said:
Zen 2nd said:
pneboy said:
melonpan said:

i baught it from amazon market place in decemeber i only found out about dvdconcept after starting a new collection of a magazine, dvd ceoncept are crap ordered vol 2 and 4 of death note supposed to arrived by monday still not got them, might consider up1.co.uk since ive heard so many good reviews

Up1 are fantastic.

I just don't understand why people seem to fear the likes of DVD Pacific. No company beats their prices, and the prices don't mean a lack in any other departments. They're absolutely top-notch, all round. Is it really worth the extra £5-10 just to get the item the day after the release instead of a few weeks? I really think not, even if that person is not a regular buyer, why waste money?

Busy day for the postman :D

Spiral The Complete Series
Kiddy Grade The Complete Series
The Vision of Escaflowne Complete Collection
Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete Collection
The Big O Complete Series 1
Tekkaman Blade Collection vol 1,2 & 3
Yu Yu Hakusho vol 1 eps 1-14

Well was in Zavvi and noticed that they had Robotech Complete Collection for £20 - snapped it up.

Not even sure I'll like since I am not a big fan of mecha, but at that price it was worth the risk.

Beats HMV's £50 for it - how ridiculous.

Also just checked and Its £23.99 on Play.com and £26.99 on amazon. Seems buying in store isn't dead yet :D

Dan said:
Well was in Zavvi and noticed that they had Robotech Complete Collection for £20 - snapped it up.

So, there are Zavvi stores on the high street now, too? I thought it was just Virgin Megastore's online shop that was changed to Zavvi ...

CitizenGeek said:
Dan said:

So, there are Zavvi stores on the high street now, too? I thought it was just Virgin Megastore's online shop that was changed to Zavvi ...

Yep...... all changed at the same time I believe.

Gotta say usually find it expensive but they have some really cheap anime at the moment.

FINALLY got the Kanon artbox today, months after its release. Thanks DVD Pacific :D.

It's beautiful <3. ADV do a very good job with shows like this. Still, I'm hoping that Bandai Entertainment pick up Clannad and give it a proper awesome release like they're doing for their upcoming series, and so it can get a SpeeDVD encode (I'm still annoyed at ADVs AIR encode >_>)

Back