The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I got the Burst Angel boxset today, even though I'm fully aware of it being a load of apparent **** I'm gonna watch it anyway, it's something watch for the lulz, of course.

Lupus Inu said:
I got the Burst Angel boxset today, even though I'm fully aware of it being a load of apparent **** I'm gonna watch it anyway, it's something watch for the lulz, of course.

They are re-releasing the US one soon and including the OAV.

Venus Versus Virus Volume 3 and Simoun Volume 3.

Picked up Death Note from HMV today. Looking forward to seeing the series dubbed this time round. Great idea in putting 2 volumes into each release rather than 1. It doesn't feel like I was ripped off for once.

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
Noein: To Your Other Self Complete Series Collection only £18 :D

Where? if not ebay, I might like that as well =D

I found it in Zavvi, or what ever they are calling Virgin Megastores now. Of course i should mention that it was marked at £20 but i have a student discount card :wink:

Thanks for the tip, got my copy of Noein complete collection today. Also received A Tree of Palme & Karas The Revelation through post :D

Dan said:
Thanks for the tip, got my copy of Noein complete collection today. Also received A Tree of Palme & Karas The Revelation through post :D

You're welcome :) Oh and snap, i bought the Karas collection today :p I'm gald i waited for it to come down in price. I also bought Death Note vol one on impluse

Sy said:
Great idea in putting 2 volumes into each release rather than 1. It doesn't feel like I was ripped off for once.
Does anyone know if they are going to do that for the rest of them or was this a one off?

I predict 8,7,7,7 as the number of episodes per volume for the remaining volumes.

It seems a bit stingy for them to put a massive 8 episodes on the first volume but to go back to 4 or so for the rest. Besides, Manga UK have high episode counts for Bleach and Naruto, so there's no reason to believe they'll stop after the first volume with Death Note.

Lucky Star volume 1 + super duper awesomeness.

Seriously. This is what physical anime media is all about. Pure awesomeness. Nice one Bandai! (And I'm so glad Gurren Lagann got saved from ADV's generic release ethic). Looking forward to Ayakashi Ayashi and Code Geass in this same form (and hopefully you'll announce all the others like this too :D ).

The only thing is the annoying 'gloop' smeared on the box, like the Haruhi box. It's inside the plastic so it must be on Bandai's manufacture end. Not the end of the world though, just weird.

melonpan said:
Lucky Star volume 1 + super duper awesomeness.

Seriously. This is what physical anime media is all about. Pure awesomeness. Nice one Bandai! (And I'm so glad Gurren Lagann got saved from ADV's generic release ethic). Looking forward to Ayakashi Ayashi and Code Geass in this same form (and hopefully you'll announce all the others like this too :D ).

The only thing is the annoying 'gloop' smeared on the box, like the Haruhi box. It's inside the plastic so it must be on Bandai's manufacture end. Not the end of the world though, just weird.

have you got it yet and if so where did you buy it

I only post here when I've actually received something.......

I bought it from Up1, because it's pretty impossible for it to get through customs without the £8 unfortunately. December 1st couldn't come any sooner.

It's nice to have a new release soon after it's actually released, instead of waiting several weeks from DVD Pacific.

Lucky Star vol. 1 LE

I've also got that weird sticky stuff on mine. It's not that visible on mine, but you can definitely feel it. The box is also smaller than I thought it'd be.

melonpan said:

I bought it from Up1, because it's pretty impossible for it to get through customs without the £8 unfortunately. December 1st couldn't come any sooner.

It's nice to have a new release soon after it's actually released, instead of waiting several weeks from DVD Pacific.

oh.boy I ordered it from dvdconcept and its being pre-order so now im scared that I might get hit with a 8 quid loss because of it but im not sure if dvdconcept get it sent there then the add my address and send it to me

strange tho when I ordered school rumble r1 starter which was 25 quid I never got charged extra,this was back in december from amazon market

pneboy said:
melonpan said:

oh.boy I ordered it from dvdconcept and its being pre-order so now im scared that I might get hit with a 8 quid loss because of it but im not sure if dvdconcept get it sent there then the add my address and send it to me

strange tho when I ordered school rumble r1 starter which was 25 quid I never got charged extra,this was back in december from amazon market

£25 for the School Rumble starter set? That's way more than you need to pay. I got it for around £13.

Back