The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

CitizenGeek said:
Rog said:
This also marked my 800th DVD :D

Wow! Where do you keep them all? :O

I use a series of stackable wooden cubes spread across my wall to hold them all as well as a secondary unit for my anime.

Dracos said:
On a quick count I have probably around 800 DVDs (need more shelf space) but I still get the feeling sometimes that I still don't have enough or I have nothing to watch.

I always feel i got too many but thats only cos i never have the space. I tend to find i can either a) like you, find nothing to watch or b) can't decide out of 3 or 4 things to watch

Rog said:
CitizenGeek said:
Rog said:
This also marked my 800th DVD :D

Wow! Where do you keep them all? :O

I use a series of stackable wooden cubes spread across my wall to hold them all as well as a secondary unit for my anime.

Dracos said:
On a quick count I have probably around 800 DVDs (need more shelf space) but I still get the feeling sometimes that I still don't have enough or I have nothing to watch.

I always feel i got too many but thats only cos i never have the space. I tend to find i can either a) like you, find nothing to watch or b) can't decide out of 3 or 4 things to watch

I got to a large amount too and thought I need to get rid of some, especially since I wasn't watching some of them (both anime and other stuff)

Still got about 650 though and I also feel like I haven't a lot to watch, expecially films but its just coz I've seen it and I own it. If I went to my brothers and he had something I didn't I'd probably fancy watching it.

Mushishi volume 6
Hell Girl Volume 4
The magnificent looking Blood+ Part One box set (I did not realise it came with a T-shirt shows how much attention I pay when I order stuff).

Ummm...let see. Today my Azumanga box set, Genshiken vol.4 & 5 and Bleach vol.13 arrived. Then i ordered a GunDa Vinci t-shirt 8) and Bleach vol.14, 15, 16 and Yotsuba vol.5.

Trigunette said:
Banya The Explosive Delivery Man 1-5
Doing Time
Her Majesty's Dog 8
Andromeda Stories 1-3

Banya cool choice, is it your first move into manhwa or have you read any other stuff?

If you like Banya give Chunchu a go it is super brutal at times.

Dracos said:
Trigunette said:
Doing Time
Her Majesty's Dog 8
Andromeda Stories 1-3

Banya cool choice, is it your first move into manhwa or have you read any other stuff?

I just got Chunchu volume 1 today. I'm guessing it's published in left-to-right format because that's the 'norm' for Korea, i.e only Japan publish right-to-left?

melonpan said:
Dracos said:
Trigunette said:
Doing Time
Her Majesty's Dog 8
Andromeda Stories 1-3

I just got Chunchu volume 1 today. I'm guessing it's published in left-to-right format because that's the 'norm' for Korea, i.e only Japan publish right-to-left?

Yep left to right (will have to look into if that is normal for Korea). Been reading too much manga, lately any other book I pick up does not feel right. Also Chunchu is another supurb product from Dark Horse.

Just a quick question that i didn't think needed a new thread:
Have any of you ordered anything from Play-Asia?

Ever had any unexpected customs charges? I was only planning on ordering a special edition film so i was wondering if any of you'd reccomend Play-Asia or whether you'd warn me away.

Thanks for any help.

Dracos said:
Trigunette said:
Doing Time
Her Majesty's Dog 8
Andromeda Stories 1-3

I've read some Korean manhwas, mainly shoujos and shounen-ai. A few I unfortunately never got to finish due to IceKunion folding. Currently I'm following Dokebi Bride (reasonably intresting) and Bride Of the Water God (very pretty lol) but my favorite so far has got to be Shaman Warrior (I'm a bit more of a shounen/seinen girl anyway :wink: ). Any excuse is a good excuse to check what else Dark Horse has printed out which is why Chunchu and XS Hybrid are going to be in my next shopping basket. I'm open for all recs if you have some.

Trigunette said:
I've read some Korean manhwas, mainly shoujos and shounen-ai. A few I unfortunately never got to finish due to IceKunion folding. Currently I'm following Dokebi Bride (reasonably intresting) and Bride Of the Water God (very pretty lol) but my favorite so far has got to be Shaman Warrior (I'm a bit more of a shounen/seinen girl anyway :wink: ). Any excuse is a good excuse to check what else Dark Horse has printed out which is why Chunchu and XS Hybrid are going to be in my next shopping basket. I'm open for all recs if you have some.

I will recomend both Chunchu and XS Hybrid. What's Shaman Warrior like I have seen it advertised a few times and thought I might give it a go.

Dracos said:
I will recomend both Chunchu and XS Hybrid. What's Shaman Warrior like I have seen it advertised a few times and thought I might give it a go.

Epic hounded rebel tribes fighting for survival and retribution kick-ass action drama in a barren landscape.
Apart from a few too many khee hee hees, I heartily recommend it.
The art is really good, especially the way the action is drawn, it moves with speed, with nice detail and background, the character portrayals works nicely, the realism is in line with the likes of Vagabond and BOTI.
Despite the fact that the story leaps in ten year five year chunks from one volume to another, it didn't feel too cut up, but it does get ahead at a fast pace in the 6 volumes I've read. Still three to go, I hope Dark horse gets them out without too much of a hold-up.

Dracos said:
The magnificent looking Blood+ Part One box set (I did not realise it came with a T-shirt shows how much attention I pay when I order stuff).

Mine arrived yesterday, apparently the post people kept it in their office for more than a week before delivering it O_O.

Anyway, it really does look absolutely superb. Only thing is the art on the top of the box doesn't fit with the bottom, like the top removable bit of the box got printed out of place, only on one side though. Anyhow, it's fine.
I'm wondering what Sony will do with the second boxset. I've got a thought that they're going to do another box. The space for the T-shirt is fine, doesn't have to be filled with DVD cases like I've read so many people complaining about.

Back