The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ninja Boy! said:
i impulse purchased "Tenchi Nuyo-Ryo Ohki" boxset from HMV today. i remember watching Tenchi in tokyo and i think universe some years back and enjoyed it. and the packaging of this seems pretty cool (i am yet to open it)

also, somewhat unrelated but i know there are alot of Tenchi fans here. so i was wondering can someone tell the correct order to watch the series?, mainly because i wanna get back into Tenchi but there are a few series, OVA's and Movies...it started confusing me.

It depends what shows you have.

OVA 1 2 and 3 are all based on the original continuity. the 2nd tenchi move is also based on OVA 1. You also have the mihoshi special.

Tenchi Universe uses the characters from the OVA and retells the story a bit differently, Kiyone was also introduced in this series. Tenchi movie 1 and 3 were based on the universe story line.

that's pretty much it.

Nyu said:
Ninja Boy! said:
i impulse purchased "Tenchi Nuyo-Ryo Ohki" boxset from HMV today. i remember watching Tenchi in tokyo and i think universe some years back and enjoyed it. and the packaging of this seems pretty cool (i am yet to open it)

also, somewhat unrelated but i know there are alot of Tenchi fans here. so i was wondering can someone tell the correct order to watch the series?, mainly because i wanna get back into Tenchi but there are a few series, OVA's and Movies...it started confusing me.

It depends what shows you have.

OVA 1 2 and 3 are all based on the original continuity. the 2nd tenchi move is also based on OVA 1. You also have the mihoshi special.

Tenchi Universe uses the characters from the OVA and retells the story a bit differently, Kiyone was also introduced in this series. Tenchi movie 1 and 3 were based on the universe story line.

that's pretty much it.

The Tenchi order should be stickied. Gawd damn it comes up a lot.

Went out today and got...

Bleach 15-16
Death Note 4
Reborn! 4
Claymore 2
Hunter X Hunter 1
Naruto - Mission: Protect The Waterfall Village (novel)

...also mini figures of Ino, Shikamaru and Choji.

lol money...just did online shopping and got...

Naruto 19-21
Death Note 5

...also pre-ordered Naruto UN 2.

DaNiMe-sama said:
CitizenGeek said:
Got my Paprika OST today - it's absolutely fantastic!

Do you import your OST's from Japan, out of interest?

I'm trying to find a list of all the US J-music distributors but it's proving quite hard...

Though you didn't ask me but I ordered my album off http://www.amazon.co.jp/ just so you know :) Though the postage cost just as much as the album but it was so worth it mha ha ha ha

Today:

Ergo Proxy volume's 3,5+6
Fate / Stay night volume's 2+5

Others to fill in the gaps from DVD Pacific (excluding the limited edition volumes 1's, of course).

And! My first extra pack-in from a Geneon product =) Volume 6 came with a lovely pencil board stuck on the front under the plastic. Wish I got all my DVDs as a first pressing so I could have more.

Geneon really were one of the best producers of anime in the US.

I hope they pick the right producers for the rest of their licenses.

EDIT: As for the Japanese CD distributor thing, thanks for the reply Zen but I mucked up. To change my question, I need to find a list of what companies produce music in the US other than ex-Geneon and the odd thing from Viz. I can't just search Amazon and such places because they have import CDs and list them all the same as "domestic" US releases.
For example, I'm sure one of Utada Hikaru's singles was released by a company in the UK... read that a year or so ago and they said it was one of the first Japanese big artists to have a CD released here. I'm assuming there are lots more in America.

I just ordered Evangelion: D&R for a mere €13! Sweet! I had been looking for that movie for aages, but I couldn't find it both new and at a reasonable price (considering it adds basically nothing to Eva).

DaNiMe-sama said:
CitizenGeek said:
Got my Paprika OST today - it's absolutely fantastic!

Do you import your OST's from Japan, out of interest?

Nope, I get them, almost always, from 'importcds' through Play.com or Amazon.co.uk's marketplace. And I always get the US release. I highly reccomend 'importcds' actually, their prices are great and delivery is usually very good, too!

Negima!? vol. 1

Not the type I usually go for, but I read the blub (I think that's what you call it) and it sounded good. I was quite right, pretty funny and Negi is cute!

Back