The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

DaNiMe-sama - Ohhh.... didn't know that! That all sounds pretty cool. If it has Fruits Basket on the front, I will buy it!!!

Loli-lover - It's worth it for the stickers alone. I re-did the Shigure quiz and I still end up as 100%. Not good, I tell you. But they do pose a most interesting question, which is more important - love or money?

M.G xx

Manga Girls said:
DaNiMe-sama - Ohhh.... didn't know that! That all sounds pretty cool. If it has Fruits Basket on the front, I will buy it!!!

Loli-lover - It's worth it for the stickers alone. I re-did the Shigure quiz and I still end up as 100%. Not good, I tell you. But they do pose a most interesting question, which is more important - love or money?

M.G xx

There's a little more information here.

I nearly forgot where I found the information! I have so many places I read things, I'm beginning to wonder if it's real or if I dreamt it!

A customs letter. A sexy £8 handling fee, and nearly £10 VAT. Awesome... Not as bad as it could have been though, considering what the parcel contains. I just hope they didn't open it!
I guess some things are just look stupid to mark down to a 'getting-past-customs' price.

DaNiMe-sama said:
A customs letter. A sexy £8 handling fee, and nearly £10 VAT. Awesome... Not as bad as it could have been though, considering what the parcel contains. I just hope they didn't open it!
I guess some things are just look stupid to mark down to a 'getting-past-customs' price.

Tell me about it. I once got a £12 customs charge when I imported a Soundtrack from America >_<. When its like £15 and its got about 5 boxsets in thats annoying enough but seroiusly, they're the most annoying things ever.

Remeber the HMV anime day a few moons ago? Well won an prize for my Chiyo Chichi costume. Just arrived, go a few copy of Nurse Witch Komugi (guessing cos ADV lass at the event was wearing that outfit) and Cosplay Complex (because we were doing cosplay maybe?)

I got cardcaptors the movie to replace my video of it because the picture doesn`t work properly and fruits basket volume 1 which came with a free viz media sneek peak book.

It finally came! Along with a parcel from DVD Pacific, which contained the first season collection of Full Metal Alchemist - awesome package, digipack with the four discs in - loads of amazing artwork; then there's another separate section in the main box bit that contains all four guide booklets, and other booklets. All this was for £15. :D

Then onto the big one.

Speed Grapher 1 limited edition - great looking package, need to get the rest of the limited editions! Although I doubt I will ever watch it again, because there's zero chance of me getting used to the opening music instead of the original "Girls on film", unless I skip the opening. Actually, I'm being pedantic, I'm sure I'll get round to watching it again, how could I not?

An old Geneon CD, was a collection of 3 CD's called Beginnings - Gemini - Progress. Can't wait to check it out.

Then of course, the mother of all motherloads - Card Captor Sakura volumes 1-18. :D I finally have my complete collection of CCS anime, all totally uncut. Going to watch that at Christmas for sure 8 ).

MONONOKE said:
fruits basket volume 1 which came with a free viz media sneek peak book.

How could a Viz booklet come with a Funimation title? : o

I got my BECK starter set today! ^_^ It's awesome, Revelation should be admired for their approach! I'm looking forward to seeing how I enjoy the first 5 eps, too. I wouldn't have gotten BECK were it not for the awesome starter set, and I don't think I'm alone in that, either.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Pre-ordered the Welcome to the NHK novel today, along with getting volumes 3 and 4 of the manga. First anime/manga I've bought in many, many months.

I really should check out Welcome to the NHK. Is the anime worth watching? Or is the manga the better option?

CitizenGeek said:
I got my BECK starter set today! ^_^ It's awesome, Revelation should be admired for their approach! I'm looking forward to seeing how I enjoy the first 5 eps, too. I wouldn't have gotten BECK were it not for the awesome starter set, and I don't think I'm alone in that, either.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Pre-ordered the Welcome to the NHK novel today, along with getting volumes 3 and 4 of the manga. First anime/manga I've bought in many, many months.

I really should check out Welcome to the NHK. Is the anime worth watching? Or is the manga the better option?

Well the anime's first episode freaked me out considerably. :eek:
But then again I was a newbie to anime fandom then.

Today:

Black Lagoon volume 3 limited edition
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 3 limited edition
Aquarian Age: The Movie limited edition (which finally got sent after months of being on order)

:D

CitizenGeek said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:

I started with the anime and loved it, and the manga I've found even more enjoyable. General consensus is that book >>> manga >>> anime but personally I've loved all of them. Things are changed of course between book and manga and manga and anime, but it's still very enjoyable.

Back