Summer 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread: The Backup Cut

Nothing in there I like and haven't already seen, thankfully, but it's always sad to see content leaving the service as it means fewer options for others. Having said that, removing things which are already available for purchase is a lot less damaging than blocking simulcasts in my opinion.

R

There's some speculation that it's part of a huge push for The Anime Network, which I believe uses Hulu in the US (it may not after Hulu's recent purge), so they should still be available for free in the US.

NormanicGrav said:
Crunchyroll | Delisted

A bunch of titles have been delisted from the service.

Here's the UK streamable titles removed:
  • Bodacious Space Pirates | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Dusk Maiden of Amnesia | Publisher: Kadokawa Media Factory
  • Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Season 3 | Publisher: Sentai Filmworks
  • Inu X Boku Secret Service | Publisher: Aniplex
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Queen's Blade Rebellion | Publisher: Kadokawa Media Factory
  • Sunday Without God | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Tsuritama | Publisher: Aniplex

That's a shame Crunchyroll didn't give any notice, there is a few there I had planned to watch :(

Rena Ryuugu said:
NormanicGrav said:
Crunchyroll | Delisted

A bunch of titles have been delisted from the service.

Here's the UK streamable titles removed:
  • Bodacious Space Pirates | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Dusk Maiden of Amnesia | Publisher: Kadokawa Media Factory
  • Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Season 3 | Publisher: Sentai Filmworks
  • Inu X Boku Secret Service | Publisher: Aniplex
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Queen's Blade Rebellion | Publisher: Kadokawa Media Factory
  • Sunday Without God | Publisher: King Records Company Ltd
  • Tsuritama | Publisher: Aniplex

That's a shame Crunchyroll didn't give any notice, there is a few there I had planned to watch :(

Same here .

I have occasionally thought about going back to finish Mysterious Girlfriend X, but honestly, I'd forgotten CR even had it at this stage. Might be nice if they had some kind of Netflix-style recommendation system to remind you of what's in the catalogue from time to time.

It's weird that they didn't warn people. They normally do, so I wonder if these titles came as an unexpected surprise to them or something? Perhaps they were negotiating for renewals and they fell through last minute.

I'll have to get Dusk Maiden of Amnesia on DVD now as I love that one, shame MVM never did a BD. :(

It's a shame to see Inu X Boku and Sunday Without God go as well, I liked both and would have rewatched at some point. Definitely echoing what the others are saying in that it's very sad to see Crunchyroll lose so much without any notice, I guess trying to renew them must just have fallen through?

Crunchyroll | Simulcast Addition

Qualidea Code will be streaming on Crunchyroll for all English-speaking areas according to the anime's main JP site. It will also be on Daisuki but regions are TBA. Publishers for Qualidea Code are Aniplex and Marvelous Entertainment.

Daisuki | Notes

A bunch of titles will be removed from Daisuki at the end of the month but thankfully none of those titles will affect the UK catalogue.

For those curious, they are:
  • Akame ga Kill
  • Aldnoah.Zero
  • Black Butler Book of Circus/Book of Murder
  • Charlotte
  • Classroom Crisis
  • DURARARA!!x2
  • Persona4 the Golden Animation
  • Samurai Jam -Bakumatsu Rock-
  • Sword Art Online II
  • WORKING!!! (Wagnaria)

Funimation | Catalog Addition

1349485_Japanese_ShowThumbnail_7146c9d1-a2ca-e511-80c5-0017a4776c06.jpg

High School DxD Season 1 is finally available for streaming. DxD New and DxD BorN were already available, so that's all of the episodes!

Summer 2016 Round-Up (So Far)

Simulcasts
  • Battery | Amazon Prime
  • Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE! (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE!) | Funimation Now
  • D.Gray-man HALLOW | Funimation Now
  • Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School: Despair Arc (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen) | Funimation Now
  • Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School: Future Arc (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen) | Funimation Now
  • FIRST LOVE MONSTER (Hatsukoi Monster) | Funimation Now
  • Handa-kun | Funimation Now
  • Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars | Funimation Now
  • ReLIFE | Crunchyroll
  • Sca-red Rider XechS | Funimation Now
  • SERVAMP | Funimation Now
  • Tales of Zestiria the X | Daisuki - Funimation Now
  • Time Travel Girl (Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi) | Funimation Now
  • TSUKIUTA. The Animation | Funimation Now

Simulcasts Confirmed for Site but No Regions Announced Yet
  • 91Days | Crunchyroll
  • Active Raid (Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hakkei) 2nd | Crunchyroll
  • Alderamin on the Sky (Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin) | Crunchyroll
  • Berserk | Crunchyroll
  • Fudanshi Kōkō Seikatsu | Crunchyroll
  • Mob Psycho 100 | Crunchyroll
  • orange | Crunchyroll
  • Qualidea Code | Crunchyroll
  • TABOO TATTOO | Crunchyroll
  • Sweetness and Lightning (Amaama to Inazuma) | Crunchyroll

Potential Simulcasts
  • Ange Vierge | Crunchyroll
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! [4th season] | Crunchyroll
  • Hybrid×Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia (Masou Gakuen HxH) | Crunchyroll
  • The Morose Mononokean (Fukigen na Mononokean) | Crunchyroll
  • NEW GAME! | Crunchyroll

Region restricted (for certain sites)
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! | Funimation Now - US & Canada only

Summer 2016 Shows Untouched
  • Amanchu! | Publisher: Shochiku
  • B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious | Publisher: Aniplex/MAGES.
  • Bananya | Publisher: TMS
  • CHEER BOYS (Cheer Danshi!!) | Publisher: Bandai Visual
  • Days | Publisher: Pony Canyon
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara) | Publisher: Showgate
  • The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Bowl Dance (Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu) | Publisher: NBC Universal Entertaiment Japan
  • Hitori no Shita: The Outcast | Publisher: Haoliners Animation League
  • Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! | Publisher: TBS
  • Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls | Publisher: Bouncy
  • Onara Gorou | Publisher: ILCA
  • Ozmafia!! | Publisher: Hobi Animation
  • Puzzle & Dragons Cross | Publisher: Pierrot Co. Ltd
  • Rewrite | Publisher: Aniplex/Visual Arts
  • Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan | Publisher: ShoPro/TV Tokyo
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War (Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi) | Publisher: Aniplex
  • Show By Rock!! Short!! | Publisher: Shochiku

Netflix | Catalog Addition

Cl4kHRIWAAAZkzD.jpg

Cowboy Bebop will be heading to Netflix UK on July 1st courtesy of Anime Limited, this marks the first time the show is available for streaming here in the UK.

As a quick reminder, both Death Note and Vampire Knight will be expiring on June 30th.

I have to wonder why Crunchyroll did a livestream at 2am in the morning (3am in most of Europe) if they wanted to impress people? Or do they only care about their American customers, I'd never have guessed... /s

Also, no region information makes your announcements bloody useless. Trying to get people excited about series, only to tell them a few weeks later, right as the series is about to begin "sorry, we don't have that for your region" is really, really ******. And I'm fed up of Crunchyroll doing stuff like this, how inconsiderate can their PR team get?

Back