Summer 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread: The Backup Cut

Crunchyroll | New Catalogue Addition

ece72d0892782c253b4f208ea8427d8c1473488295_full.jpg

The Ancient Magus Bride OVA series has been added to Crunchyroll with Episode 1.

Worldwide except Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau!

Crunchyroll | New Catalogue Addition

ece72d0892782c253b4f208ea8427d8c1473488295_full.jpg

The Ancient Magus Bride OVA series has been added to Crunchyroll with Episode 1.

I'm absolutely speechless about this, never thought we'd have a legal means to actual watch these, based Crunchyroll.

How often do these come out?

Next one should be March 10, 2017 (volume 7 release date) and final one will be September 9, 2017 (volume 8 release date).

I'm absolutely speechless about this, never thought we'd have a legal means to actual watch these, based Crunchyroll.

Next one should be March 10, 2017 (volume 7 release date) and final one will be September 9, 2017 (volume 8 release date).

Damn, that's a while. Not sure if I should just wait for it all to be out before watching it. I don't suppose you know if they're self contained or not?

Last edited:
I suppose viewing it could potentially also encourage the creation of a larger anime adaptation (unless they're doing that already, I don't recall hearing that though). It's probably not too likely but you never know.

It could also be worth watching just to encourage Crunchyroll to pick up more of this sort of thing.

The risk of spoilers for the manga could be a concern, prequels often assume a certain amount of knowledge and it seems especially likely if the OVAs are being bundled with the manga.

I suppose viewing it could potentially also encourage the creation of a larger anime adaptation (unless they're doing that already, I don't recall hearing that though). It's probably not too likely but you never know.

It could also be worth watching just to encourage Crunchyroll to pick up more of this sort of thing.

The risk of spoilers for the manga could be a concern, prequels often assume a certain amount of knowledge and it seems especially likely if the OVAs are being bundled with the manga.

I'm curious to see what will happen with the Space Brothers #0 film, which had it's theatrical cut released separately and an extended cut bundled with the manga. I'd love to see Kodansha Comics pull something like that off, but I don't know whether they'd be able to do a deal with YTV or Sentai or whoever to make it happen.

Back