Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

I love how, as soon as Anime Limited license something I'm interested in, everyone starts trying to figure out why on earth they did it.

Then again, that's not quite right. I was interested in Arslan as well and noone was making that sort of comment then

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the moon that Crunchyroll now have my two most anticipated shows for Summer (and for the UK!): Charlotte & GATE. What is everyone else anticipating the most?

God Eater and Non Non Byori Season 2 as well as Gate. I'd say NNB Season 2 is a dead cert for Crunchyroll seeing as they got Season 1 and God Eater has already found a home at Daisuke which I've not used before but appears to be 100% free with no ads and 1080p streaming, so that's great.

I was also looking forward to God Eater, but that's starting sound increasingly like a trainwreck in the making. If it is a trainwreck, I hope it's a funny trainwreck rather than a depressing one, because my OCD probably won't let me stop half way through. Aoharu x Kikanju looks like it'll be interesting, but I'm not 100% sold yet.

Other than that, I'll be continuing with Durarara!!x2 and I'm considering picking up Gatchaman Crowds and Fate/Kalied, but I haven't seen the previous series of those, and I'm not sure I'll have the time

Just a quick update from the Anime Expo news, Sentai Filmworks have acquired six titles from the Summer season.

- Wakaba *Girl
- Aoharu x Machinegun (Aoharu x Kikanju)
- To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness
- Ushio & Tara (Ushio to Tara)
- School-Live! (Gakkou Gurashi!)
- Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)

These shows should appear on Crunchyroll, as seen with Aoharu and Gate.

NEW ADDITION [SIMULCAST!]:

175b11a80a89ecf9e7f064308ead36371435877316_full.jpg

Ushio & Tora (Ushio to Tora) - Episode count 39 (26 Season 1)
Site: Crunchyroll
..available in the following territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Middle East/North Africa, and Europe (excluding France and French speaking and Italy and Italian speaking countries).
Source - Article

Looks like, if I read this correctly, Daisuki has One-Punch Man for Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Russia, North America, Latin America and Oceania. Presumably on a non-exclusive basis if Viz Media Europe also handles streaming rights.
NormanicGrav said:
Uh oh:
San Francisco, CA, July 2, 2015 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), the largest publisher, distributor and licensor of manga and anime in North America, has teamed with VIZ Media Europe S.A.R.L. (VME), the leader in Japanese Entertainment content in Europe, and Anime Consortium Japan Inc. (ACJ), the Japanese company for official anime streaming, to jointly announce the acquisition of the multi-territory media distribution rights for the anime series, ONE-PUNCH MAN.

Announced earlier this year, the ONE-PUNCH MAN anime is based on a bestselling manga series, created by writer ONE and artist Yusuke Murata, about an average-guy-turned-superhero who packs quite the punch! Three content distribution companies will join force to manage the digital distribution, home media, merchandise, and TV rights to the newly produced anime series for their respective territories.

· VIZ Media will manage the master license for ONE-PUNCH MAN in North America, Latin America and Oceania, as well as stream the series in the U.S.
· VIZ Media Europe will oversee & stream the property for EMEA, including Russia
· In addition, ACJ will stream the subtitled version of the program in all above territories

Ushio & Tora yessssss. The original OVA was one my earliest anime purchases and I loved it despite those horrible Western Connection tapes with massive, mistimed subtitles. Ugh.

It amazes me that someone came up with the idea of rebooting the series nearly 20 years after the manga ended AND keeping the designs exactly the same. Maybe 3x3 Eyes still has a chance of making a comeback after all (plz Japan).

Gate for me but with an astrix that if it gets Fairy Dance stuoid that I'm droping it (the idea of Modern Millitary vs Fantasy is too much of a draw... As is the idea of Elfs in casual clothing).

BLOCKED (FROM A SPECIFIC LOCATION) [SIMULCAST!]:

Charlotte
Classroom Crisis
Durarara!! X 2
Wagnaria!! 3

Site: Daisuki

They're all available to the UK on Crunchyroll. Viewster is TBA.

NEW ADDITION (OH BOY THIS WILL BE FUN) [SIMULCAST!]:

ed22221529cd3e63a1c5ad010e5fcf581435955818_full.jpg

My Wife is the Student Council President (Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!) - Episode count TBA
Site: Crunchyroll - WARNING: THIS SHOW IS NSFW
..available worldwide except for Japan. Crunchyroll also has the uncensored version, which will be available shortly after the censored version for premium members only.
Source - Article

Back