Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

So. Viewster have confirmed they don't have the UK rights to Classroom Crisis, but apparently "the UK's prize hasn't come yet" whatever that means...

NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:
With 2 days to go has anyone announced Dragon Ball Super yet?

Funimation already has it. They just haven't admitted it yet.
And is also probably the "UKs prize" that Viewster has mentioned.

Just watched the first episode of Classroom Crisis and Gate. Both seem interesting so far.

I'd be surprised if Viewster had Dragon Ball Super. The general consensus on other sites, is that FUNi won't simulcast it because the TV rights are worth too much money. I believe Kai airs over here on some weird kids channel nobody's ever heard of, so the prospects of a UK TV sale aren't that bleak either.

But the UK's prize (assuming that wasn't a typo or a weird turn of phrase nobody understands) could quite feasibly be a bunch of FUNi simulcasts, given they've already all but confirmed they have something from FUNi on their line-up.

Edit: Turns out Kai airs on Kix. No, me neither. :?

BLOCKED (FROM A SPECIFIC LOCATION) [SIMULCAST!]:

Bikini Warriors
Monster Musume/Everyday Life with Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Nichijou)

Site: Daisuki

Only to US, Canada, Latin America and Asian territories excl. Japan, China and South Korea.

On the plus side:

NEW ADDITION [SIMULCAST!]:

The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls (Season 2) - Episode count TBA
Site: Daisuki
..The series will be available streaming worldwide except in Japan and China, and subtitles will be available in English, Korean, and traditional Chinese.
Source - Article

Concrete Revolutio will also be accessible to the UK and Europe on Daisuki when it airs this fall.

Crunchyroll Panel
- Regions below are TBA
- Catalog: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Subtitled
- Catalog: Anohana: The Flowers We Saw That Day
- Catalog: Wagnaria!! Season 1
- Simulcasts: Million Doll
- Simulcasts: Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist.
- Simulcasts: The Perfect Insider *out in October*
- Simulcasts: Teekyu 5
- Simulcasts: Non Non Biyori Repeat
- Simulcasts: Gatchaman Crowds Insight
- Simulcasts: To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness
- Simulcasts: Monster Musume/Everyday Life with Monster Girls (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
- Manga announcements tomorrow

Man I have no idea what to watch this season, I don't really know anything about anything just now lol best do some research as I usually only pick up a few shows due to time available.

Buzzkillington said:
Man I have no idea what to watch this season, I don't really know anything about anything just now lol best do some research as I usually only pick up a few shows due to time available.
So far, Gangsta and Charlotte seems to be liked by the few people that have seen them.

Both Gate and Classroom Crisis seem to be split, with Classroom Crisis being the more positively received of the two. I don't know, but it looks like Classroom Crisis could become show of the season for many.

Aoharu x Machinegun seems to be quite poorly received, with most saying it's nonsensical but the fights are well done.

I must say I really enjoyed Gate, despite it's flaws, but I couldn't get into Classroom Crisis.

NEW ADDITION [SIMULCAST!]:

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - Episode count TBA
Site: Crunchyroll
available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: United States (and its territories), Canada, Central and South America (including the Caribbean), Australia and New Zealand, South Africa, Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa.

Monster Musume - Episode count TBA
..available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Irelands, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and Turkey.

Teekyu 5 - Episode count TBA
North America, South America, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

BLOCKED [SIMULCAST!]:

To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness - Episode count TBA
for members in the United States and Canada.

Source - Article

Looking at the almost-final numbers, old school ilmaestro would have been watching 21 shows this season broken down as:

11 Crunchyroll
7 Funimation
2 Viewster
1 Daisuki

So Funi's world-ending domination is not quite fully in place. Yet.

NormanicGrav said:
UK Blocked Simulcasts (from a specific location):
- Actually, I Am (Jitsu wa Watashi wa) [Crunchyroll]
Is there a service simulcasting Jitsuwata that isn't blocked in the UK?

Right. That section could probably do with splitting in two, then, as a lot of the shows listed in it do have somewhere to watch them in the UK. Or maybe just an asterisk or something if the show has no UK simulcast at all.

ilmaestro said:
Right. That section could probably do with splitting in two, then, as a lot of the shows listed in it do have somewhere to watch them in the UK. Or maybe just an asterisk or something if the show has no UK simulcast at all.

Well it's still early into the season, I'll sort it out once all streamers have officially sorted out what simulcasts they have. Who knows, Viewster could get it.

Back