Street Fighter IV!!!!!!!!

Ammy said:
Spyro201 said:
Ammy said:
Okay, one MAJOR flaw with the game. I keep getting people interupting me to fight me in Arcade Mode.

I know there's an option to turn it off, but I can't find it and it's seriously annoying me -_-

RB on the 360, probably R1 on PS3. That brings settings up, I think you turn it off there :)

(Thats on the main menu btw)

Oh okay, thanks =]

Anytime ;)

Now you can enjoy the game =P

Arbalest: No, you can continue and still unlock characters. In fact, you can play through with your strongest character, deliberately lose to Seth and just change to the character you want to finish the game with to unlock the relevant character.

Also, how is your arcade stick? There have been some reported problems with the standard edition fightstick, you'll probably be able to find a couple of articles explaining what might be wrong if you have a google.

Lupus: I'm maining Viper, too. \o/ Hardcore respect for anyone who sticks with her.

ilmaestro said:
Arbalest: No, you can continue and still unlock characters. In fact, you can play through with your strongest character, deliberately lose to Seth and just change to the character you want to finish the game with to unlock the relevant character.

Also, how is your arcade stick? There have been some reported problems with the standard edition fightstick, you'll probably be able to find a couple of articles explaining what might be wrong if you have a google.

Lupus: I'm maining Viper, too. \o/ Hardcore respect for anyone who sticks with her.

Sakura/Chun here, as your know ;)

Can't wait to get back home from London today to try and see if I can get another blast at it. It'd be way more badass with friends though. I'll have to arrange something soon =P

Online play is much better than Soul Calibur IV's and sort of more rewarding too... BUT! Everyone plays as Ken or Akuma, it's boring as ****. Anti-stealth Ken plays nearly make me ragequit.

Lupus Inu said:
Online play is much better than Soul Calibur IV's and sort of more rewarding too... BUT! Everyone plays as Ken or Akuma, it's boring as ****. Anti-stealth Ken plays nearly make me ragequit.

I agree, i played the better part of 5 matches and i played 3 of them against Ken, and only one against Cammy and one Ryu. I played as Sakura in each.

At the moment though i'm trying to get all the characters first, so i'm going through arcade mode, just remind me NEVER to play as C.Viper again, i had to put the difficulty down to Easy to beat seth, and even then it was hellish =/ And i beat him with Ryu in one go on Normal.

Yeah, you need to practice with Viper before you use her, for sure.

I just put it on easiest - one round - 30 seconds to unlock all the characters - I actually really wanted to give Seth a go, so couldn't be arsed to play through it for weeks before getting him.

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, you need to practice with Viper before you use her, for sure.

I just put it on easiest - one round - 30 seconds to unlock all the characters - I actually really wanted to give Seth a go, so couldn't be arsed to play through it for weeks before getting him.

See thats boring =p, i've only got 4 characters so far(Gen, Sakura, Cammy and Dan), would be kinda boring getting them all fast i think.

ilmaestro said:

In reply to this a bit late but still. My arcade stick is generally fine, i only have one problem with it and that's the A button, it feels like its a bit sticky, as in, it doesn't always feel like its responding when i press it, asides from that, everything else works fine.

Hah, on the note of Viper(as i did express my annoyance with her before), i do have a couple of strategies with her that i can use, but her moves take a while to get used to, i won't main her, but i could be able to put up a fight with her if i just went random.

I cleared Medium with one round, it's easier to fight Seth that way. Wasn't going to play it yesterday and I did, kicked a lot of ass as C.Viper playing properly and being a cheap player, it's only fair if everyone else is doing it.

Unlocked: Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Sakura.

Gen is pretty bad.

Lupus Inu said:
I cleared Medium with one round, it's easier to fight Seth that way. Wasn't going to play it yesterday and I did, kicked a lot of ass as C.Viper playing properly and being a cheap player, it's only fair if everyone else is doing it.

Unlocked: Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Sakura.

Gen is pretty bad.

But Sakura is good 8) 8)

Gen is hardcore, all the stance switching you need to do to use him properly... scary.

Also, up to Viper's Hard 3 challenge. \o/ Think I can pass it once I have a proper go at it, as I can do the two "halves" of it. Don't want to think about Hard 4, though. ;_;

ilmaestro said:
Gen is hardcore, all the stance switching you need to do to use him properly... scary.

Also, up to Viper's Hard 3 challenge. \o/ Think I can pass it once I have a proper go at it, as I can do the two "halves" of it. Don't want to think about Hard 4, though. ;_;

See, i am finding some of the combos hard, i haven't finished the 4th normal trial and i can't really do much in the way of the hard ones either, i find the timing and the response time extremely irritating.

With Viper specifically? If you tell me what part exactly I might be able to give you some tips (although it's not like they came easily to me, most of her combos I still can't land reliably even in training).

ilmaestro said:
With Viper specifically? If you tell me what part exactly I might be able to give you some tips (although it's not like they came easily to me, most of her combos I still can't land reliably even in training).

I mean in general for all or most characters. For each one i can easily get up to and including trials 3 on normal complete, but after that i find it hard. I expect my timing is off a fair bit for each one, but i still haven't figured out by how much. Sakura is the main one i'm trying to do the now however.

skikes said:
trying to get akuma... its killing me... i got to fight him in one of survival levels... and i lost :(

From what i know you can't get Akuma until you get every other character bar Gouken and Seth. That'll take me a while methinks as well since i'm not willing to go outwith Medium to get a character.

Arbalest said:
ilmaestro said:

I mean in general for all or most characters. For each one i can easily get up to and including trials 3 on normal complete, but after that i find it hard. I expect my timing is off a fair bit for each one, but i still haven't figured out by how much. Sakura is the main one i'm trying to do the now however.
Ah, fair enough. All I can suggest is practice until you get used to the timing. Also, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kalelulen4&view=videos">this guy</a> has posted HD vids of all the challenge modes. Might be helpful if you want to get a visual aid.

Arbalest said:
skikes said:
trying to get akuma... its killing me... i got to fight him in one of survival levels... and i lost :(

From what i know you can't get Akuma until you get every other character bar Gouken and Seth. That'll take me a while methinks as well since i'm not willing to go outwith Medium to get a character.

to get akuma you have to have every single character except for gouken and seth and obviously akuma, complete arcard mode with 2 perfects and 2 ultimate combo finishes with no continues which i have done twice and still no akuma... what am i doing wrong???

EDIT: reset my playstation and managed to do it with only 1 perfect and 2 ultra combos

Back